How to remove Overclocker upgrades from GT machines?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BhrandonOwnz1

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone? I seem to have broken my plate bending machine by adding 4 overclockers to it.
It also looks like there's a line across the machine now.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
You could try the crowbar and the screwdriver, but I highly doubt that anything will happen.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
And that line through the machine is there when the machine is doing/trying to do work.

Also you remove them by throwing the machine to trashcan and making a new one ^^

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
So in 1.5, GT made overclockers unremovable? How are you supposed to find equilibrium. Is he expecting you to calculate everything and not just try by trial and error? Wooo?....

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
So in 1.5, GT made overclockers unremovable? How are you supposed to find equilibrium. Is he expecting you to calculate everything and not just try by trial and error? Wooo?....
GT didn't make overclockers unremovable. GT made his machines overclockable (I think it is on the latest 1.4.7 build alrdy) and overclockers can't be removed from GT machines. You can still recycle them in normal macerator etc. just as you wish.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhhhh, yeah. I guess there aren't any of those blue arrows for plate bending machines. Wasn't thinking. Why not just make multiple? If you have the space, it's better to have four slots to play around with I find. Even for an AE system, it increases the productivity of multiple unique item requests....

I think.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you have a constant supply of 320 EU/t, at least for short bursts. Then install battery upgrades until the machine starts working.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
There's also nothing to calculate. Each overclocker increases power consumption by 4x and speed by 2x on GregTech machines.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
But all other machines that you are trying to synergize with that machine may require some trial and error. I guess you now HAVE to synergize around the figures generated by the GT machine.

i.e. regardless of other synergizing combos, you must follow what the GT machine outputs, instead of being able to adjust it (aside from replacing the machine).

Sounds like a ho down.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
you could try this with the GT machines

9kmESbk.gif

maybe if you're lucking you can find some overclockers in the rubble

DarkWasp

Jul 29, 2019
GregT will probably make the upgrades removable (unless he said otherwise) eventually. I don't think he has the entire upgrade system complete yet.