How to get Soul Stealing enchant on a Diamond Sword

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
The Soul Shards mod adds a Soul Stealing enchant which gives you bonus kills for filling up the Soul Shards. This enchant is normally only available on Vile Swords, crafted from Corrupted Ingots. However, you can use the Uncrafting Table to turn a Vile Sword into a Diamond Sword, using 2 Diamonds and some XP. This retains whatever enchantments are on the item. The advantage to this is that Diamond Swords don't wear out as fast as Vile Swords, though one drawback is that they are more expensive to repair, as you need Diamonds to do so instead of Corrupted Ingot.
You can also then use the Anvil to combine it with other Diamond Sword to make a really nice weapon.

ChSSS.jpg

I made a how-to video if you need one.

Pretty simple and effective! The hardest part is getting a good weapon in the first place, but remember you can combine enchants via the Anvil. I actually made the original Vile Sword you see in my video from 3 other Vile Swords. If you have a mob grinder then the XP comes really fast as you can see in the video, then it's just a matter of spending the time and materials to get a good weapon.

ATYPICAL

Jul 29, 2019
Putting it on a diamond sword makes it way more expensive to repair especially once you add on a few other enchantments. You are WAY better off keeping Soul Stealing V on the vile sword, adding Unbreaking III to the sword, and then either Sharpness or Vorpal for damage. This keeps the sword fairly cheap to repair, gets you the souls, and the Unbreaking helps it last. I explain it better in this video where I have 7x tier 5 spawners.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Whoa, nice! I had no idea you could change one sword type into another with an uncrafting table. Awesome.

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Transferring what should be an exclusive enchantment might go under 'exploits due to unexpected interactions', though - so I personally wouldn't count on things staying that way for long.

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
Putting it on a diamond sword makes it way more expensive to repair especially once you add on a few other enchantments. You are WAY better off keeping Soul Stealing V on the vile sword, adding Unbreaking III to the sword, and then either Sharpness or Vorpal for damage. This keeps the sword fairly cheap to repair, gets you the souls, and the Unbreaking helps it last. I explain it better in this video where I have 7x tier 5 spawners.

True, it is more expensive to repair (2 diamonds and ~45 levels for my sword, in the Uncrafting table), however a Diamond Sword has much greater durability, so it will need repairing much less frequently. 2 diamonds aren't that much, and if you have an XP grinder setup the levels only take a few minutes to get.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
You can also get Soul Stealer on an enchanted book, and apply it to a weapon of your choice.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Damn I always thought you can use any book on any (applicable) item. That's what I get for assuming without testing. Sorry for the confusion.

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Surely the best thing to do would be to turn it into a Thaumium sword and put repair 2 on it. But on a side note, anyone know how to get enchants off a sword onto a book?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Surely the best thing to do would be to turn it into a Thaumium sword and put repair 2 on it. But on a side note, anyone know how to get enchants off a sword onto a book?
Uncraft the sword when it's at less than 50% durability and replace the stick in the table with a book? I doubt it works but worth trying. It's also basically an exploit that can also be used to enchant Long Fall Boots.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think unenchanting is a thing... Although that would make a nice companion to the uncrafting. Get on it, Twilight Forest!

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the Repair enchant didn't even exist when I made this ;)
Diamond sword does more damage, I prefer that plus some occasional repair no matter the cost, but the Thaumium sword is a cheaper option.
By the way, even if you manage somehow to get Repair enchant on something else, it only functions on the Thaumcraft items.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Uncraft the sword when it's at less than 50% durability and replace the stick in the table with a book? I doubt it works but worth trying. It's also basically an exploit that can also be used to enchant Long Fall Boots.

I dunno if we should call it an "exploit." The entire purpose of that uncrafting table is to do absurd things. It's very high on the list of "annoying" items when obtained legitimately.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
It's very high on the list of "annoying" items when obtained legitimately.

Maze map focus is annoying to get?

I musta got lucky. Mino maze exposed to air due to a ravine. I love any ability to reverse-craft things (which is why I think about half the EE3 recipes are fantastic). I got my uncrafting before having a serious steel production. I also had a bunch of random steel equipment from dungeons....

However, there are definitely some of these unexpected/undesired inter-mod reactions. There are also a couple items that can be duped with it, at the minor cost of a couple levels.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
The Soul Shards mod adds a Soul Stealing enchant which gives you bonus kills for filling up the Soul Shards. This enchant is normally only available on Vile Swords, crafted from Corrupted Ingots. However, you can use the Uncrafting Table to turn a Vile Sword into a Diamond Sword, using 2 Diamonds and some XP.

Somebody saw my comment on Direwolfs latest SSP video :p

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
i found 4 uncrafting tables in 1 hollow hill my current diamond sword with soul stealer 4 takes 72+ levels to fix in the uncrafting table

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
better idea: get Soulstealer on a thaumium sword, then use said thaumium sword to make a sword of the zephyr, with all the bonuses that come with having one of those (most prominently repair)

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
better idea: get Soulstealer on a thaumium sword, then use said thaumium sword to make a sword of the zephyr, with all the bonuses that come with having one of those (most prominently repair)
im quite sure useing the sword to make that after enchanting it will remove the enchants