How to get Soul Stealing enchant on a Diamond Sword

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DrRed

Jul 29, 2019
Maze map focus is annoying to get?

I musta got lucky. Mino maze exposed to air due to a ravine. I love any ability to reverse-craft things (which is why I think about half the EE3 recipes are fantastic). I got my uncrafting before having a serious steel production. I also had a bunch of random steel equipment from dungeons....

However, there are definitely some of these unexpected/undesired inter-mod reactions. There are also a couple items that can be duped with it, at the minor cost of a couple levels.

Can't you just put any steel tools into an ordinary furnace to get the steel ingots back?
I couldn't deal with the need to have a Blast Furnace to make an Industrial Blast Furnace so I explored dungeons for steel.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Surely the best thing to do would be to turn it into a Thaumium sword and put repair 2 on it. But on a side note, anyone know how to get enchants off a sword onto a book?
Worth noting that this does not, in fact work. I have a repair 2 diamond sword (also with soul stealer, looting, vorpal, sharpness and unbreaking), but it doesn't repair itself. I'd guess that something in Azanor's code stops it repairing any item other than TC3 stuff.

I'll admit that the repair cost is high, but the damage output and added longevity is worth it, particularly when you make an exp farm to make the books (if you make it out of easily killed pigmen, you get gold as a happy byproduct!).

As a side note, I have 1 blaze, 1 skeleton, 1 zombie and 1 pigman spawner feeding my exp farm. I'm voiding anything that isn't blaze rods, bones, arrows, gold nuggets, gold ingots or iron. The gold output from me getting the books to fully enchant all of my armour, my IC2 tools, my TC3 tools, and the combining jiggery-pokery I did for the sword got me enough gold to transmute up for a linkbook modifier.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Transferring what should be an exclusive enchantment might go under 'exploits due to unexpected interactions', though - so I personally wouldn't count on things staying that way for long.
It's one of the biggest draws for the uncrafting table. Nerfing this would be ridiculous and a damn shame. Please let the nerfing stop.

Jay Cee

Jul 29, 2019
Putting it on a diamond sword makes it way more expensive to repair especially once you add on a few other enchantments. You are WAY better off keeping Soul Stealing V on the vile sword, adding Unbreaking III to the sword, and then either Sharpness or Vorpal for damage. This keeps the sword fairly cheap to repair, gets you the souls, and the Unbreaking helps it last. I explain it better in this video where I have 7x tier 5 spawners.

Couldn't you just, say, re-craft the diamond sword to a wooden sword, repair it then recraft to diamond again? If I'm not mistaken it doesn't really cost too much.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't you just, say, re-craft the diamond sword to a wooden sword, repair it then recraft to diamond again? If I'm not mistaken it doesn't really cost too much.
Recrafting already gets you a brand new sword. You can replace the diamonds with new ones and it costs the same every time on the Uncrafting Table as opposed to costing more on the Anvil. And Anvil actually ignores the material when calculating costs, only the enchants and their levels count.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
In my testing, repairing a diamond sword vs vile sword also costs more XP.

I took a LV3 soul stealer sword + Lv2 looting and plopped it onto a diamond sword. It went from 31 levels to fix to 39 (same amount of usage too... I took a whack at the ground with each).

Keep in mind levels are non-linear with XP. Level 40 is 2x the XP of Level 30.
Ah, yes. Diamond is special case but only when using diamonds to repair instead of another crafted item of the same type: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Anvil_mechanics#Unit_Repair

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
I like putting the Soul Stealer Enchant on RP2 Ruby or Sapphire.

Ruby/Sapphire lasts for 2x that of the Corrupted Ingot (250 vs 500 uses).

Also Ruby/Sapphire has the same damage as Diamond (7 damage instead of 6 with the vile sword), so the sword lasts longer in that fashion too, due to doing more damage and swinging it less.

[DOUBLEPOST=1360808366][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ah, yes. Diamond is special case but only when using diamonds to repair instead of another crafted item of the same type: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Anvil_mechanics#Unit_Repair
Yeah, realized that afterward.

However, I just re-did one of my swords in Ruby, and now it's "Too Expensive To Repair"

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Well, can't really say about mod items. Maybe the gems use the diamond mechanic or are otherwise just more expensive, it's totally possible to do.

Mojang actually ought to fix the costs on the Anvil instead of adding all the new stuff. They tend to forget about stuff they added when they're "done" with it.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Well, can't really say about mod items. Maybe the gems use the diamond mechanic or are otherwise just more expensive, it's totally possible to do.

Mojang actually ought to fix the costs on the Anvil instead of adding all the new stuff. They tend to forget about stuff they added when they're "done" with it.

Yeah that's possible. Also it was "Too expensive to repair" before, but that's because I haven't been renaming it. I've probably repaired it 4-5 times by now.

Oh well, I need to start over anyway, I've made this sword too expensive over time. This one has Sharpness IV, Knockback II, Vorpal II, Soul Stealer IV, and Disjunction IV. I really only want Sharpness IV, Knockback II, and Soul Stealer IV on it.

Does anyone know what the durability value of Steel Swords are?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that's possible. Also it was "Too expensive to repair" before, but that's because I haven't been renaming it. I've probably repaired it 4-5 times by now.

Oh well, I need to start over anyway, I've made this sword too expensive over time. This one has Sharpness IV, Knockback II, Vorpal II, Soul Stealer IV, and Disjunction IV. I really only want Sharpness IV, Knockback II, and Soul Stealer IV on it.

Does anyone know what the durability value of Steel Swords are?
I believe the Uncrafting Table keeps the cost the same, why not use that? I would actually keep Vorpal, the heads are an awesome resource for Thaumcraft. I'm sad that it's not available in Magic World.

Steel swords have durability of 501 if I remember right. You can see durabilities with F3+H. I think it shows one less than what it really is due to one hit left being at durability 0. But if you're looking for the cheapest option that would be Ironwood even though it has 400 or something but you get 2 ironwood from 1 iron. You would use more experience of course.

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019

Disjunction and Sharpness are mutually exclusive.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Disjunction and Sharpness are mutually exclusive.
I think I have a sword with disjunction and sharpness.
I'm guessing the word he's looking for is redundant.

He's saying they don't stack damage. Which I understand. I only had Disjunciton on there because the sword I was combining came with it.

Anyhow, I've since made a new sword, since I accidentally used up the old one and it disappeared.

Sharpness IV, Soul Stealer V, Knockback II, Vorpal III, and Unbreaking III

Was hoping to up it to Sharpness V before re-crafting to Ruby, but I'll have to settle for now unless I get lucky on a book.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
They should lock each other out like Bane and Smite do. Eloraam didn't just code it like that.

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, she did. I was fiddling with /enchant and I found out that Disjunction will not go on the sword if Sharpness is on it and vise-versa.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, so how are people getting it on at the same time then..? I know it's possible if you cheat but with the survival mechanics in place it shouldn't.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Disjunction shouldn't be able to go with smite, bane, or sharpness. (its smite for endermen, and general vanilla mechanics don't allow that- same way you cant have fortune and silk touch on a pick.)
I think it may change in an update, but until then enjoy it. (As far as I know, only sharpness is blocked.)​
Personally Smite+Disjunction is better than Sharpness, at least half the monsters are undead- and between the 2 you cover all the monsters with very high health.​
(This is awesome for filling soul shards- I've got about 3 stacks of zombie heads from filling my pigman shard.)​

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
It's one of the biggest draws for the uncrafting table. Nerfing this would be ridiculous and a damn shame. Please let the nerfing stop.
It is NOT nerfing it, it is fixing that damn thing.

Disjunction should have been only on the Athame afaik, and SoulStealer only on Vile Swords. While i understand that it is annoying that the Vile Swords are inferior to diamond swords i alos think that it is a intented behaviour the mod author placed to balance things.

At the moment the Uncrafting Table is way to OP as it circumvates restrictions placed by vanilla/other mods.