How to get slime balls?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Jul 29, 2019
So I have manually updated my MineFactory Reloaded so that it has the Bio Reactor... only to discover that it needs 2 slimeballs to craft (i have none)
Is there any way to either:
craft slime balls
find slimes in a reliable and sure way
create slimeballs with a early-game machine
or any other way of getting them?

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Look for a swamp, slimes spawn in it at night.
You can also get slimeballs using factorization (press R on slimeballs to see what you need to do).
Another easy way would be to go to the Twilight Forest and look for mazes, they have tons of maze slimes.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
You can also get slimeballs from bees, but honestly, the best method is to find a vanilla swamp biome and go out at night.

Jul 29, 2019
Look for a swamp, slimes spawn in it at night.
You can also get slimeballs using factorization (press R on slimeballs to see what you need to do).
Another easy way would be to go to the Twilight Forest and look for mazes, they have tons of maze slimes.
Well... i did not know that slimes spawned an night in swamps!
I'll probably try that.

For later game purposes, what would be the best way to kill slimes in a slime farm (once i get a lvl 5 soul shard for them)
i dont really want to use lava, as it might burn the slimeballs
pistons is an option, but might be difficult because of the slimes' different sizes

Jul 29, 2019
Wow... it was incredibly hard to find a swampland...
on my exploration journey i found:
3 villages
1 desert temple
and 1 thaumcraft shrine with totems (not quite sure what they are called)

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I like the mfr grinders, they use power but if your power setup is robust you can make a nice compact spawner area, will also collect liquid essence (xp) that you can use to auto enchant stuff.
spawner.jpg

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
That's a tesseract heavy setup but it can be piped easily. Energy teseract below the grinder (not visible in pic), item tesseract on the side to collect items, liquid tessseract/liquiduct behind to collect essence.

Jul 29, 2019
That's a tesseract heavy setup but it can be piped easily. Energy teseract below the grinder (not visible in pic), item tesseract on the side to collect items, liquid tessseract/liquiduct behind to collect essence.
Ok thanks,
what are ways are there to collect xp?
i know brain in jars work but thats it

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
For later game purposes, what would be the best way to kill slimes in a slime farm (once i get a lvl 5 soul shard for them)
i dont really want to use lava, as it might burn the slimeballs
pistons is an option, but might be difficult because of the slimes' different sizes

Simply drown them. Slimes cannot swim, so they will drown in a 3 blocks deep pool. This also automatically takes care of the splitting, as all offspring will just drown too. Use transposers or obsidian pipes to collect their balls.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this applies exactly, but check out docm77's channel. He was setting up a maze slime farm. Different drops, but same concept. Though his was a little ridiculous in scale, honestly. Still worth a peek.

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this applies exactly, but check out docm77's channel. He was setting up a maze slime farm. Different drops, but same concept. Though his was a little ridiculous in scale, honestly. Still worth a peek.
different drops? what do slimes drop other than slimeballs? (and possibly shards of minium?)

Zexks

Jul 29, 2019
I found a partial swamp in my world, only had like two tiny sections of land above water. Used a filler to flatten it all out and expand the land area. Dropped a chunk loader a few TC3 iron golems with an equal number of wooden golems attached to ender chests. When you get bored it's fun to go out and watch them woop up on all the slimes. For a cleaning system, when you get to many other mobs, I set up a IC2 luminator street light system around it all. With the flick of a switch the whole place gets lit up and anything that burns in sunlight goes up in smoke.