How to find Textures in Modpacks

OoDex

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there :)
I am playing FTB Infinity right now, the newest version, and it seems like some textures are missing for the modpack in the Sphax PureBDCraft Resource Pack.
For example the Blaze Lamp from Botania which I wanted to use. Well, it's not a big deal, I could make the texture myself, the problem is that I don't know where to add the texture or even what name it has to create the file. It's missing in the "botania" section in the Ressource Pack (well, since it has no texture I'm not wondering), but I can't find the source-folder for Botania to check out the files name, change the texture and add it to the Resource Pack.
Anyone knows more about this?
Best would be to find the Mod-Folder, since this is not the only texture missing, but helping me to find out what's the textures name by any way would help, too.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
To find textures open the original mod.jar using something like 7zip, browse down the assets folder/botania/textures and there you have all the mod textures in the mod.

The file you want is in blocks\blazeBlock.png which is one side of the blaze lamp and is replicated on all sides.

When you make the new texture you can either (not advised) change the original texture in the mod.jar (not advised because when you update the mod you'll replace the texture with default and if you screw it up you've nothing to fall back on), or make a new file in the Sphax pack following the exact path from the original mod. In this case you already have the path in the sphax zip since it already contains other blocks from Botania, so just drop the new blazeBlock.png into the assets\botania\textures\blocks folder.

Reactions: OoDex

OoDex

Jul 29, 2019
@b0bst3r Huge thanks to you, man I feel stupid now, I had found all the .jar-files, but I thought it would extract it to somewhere else since I can't open the files - I confused .jar with .class-files :D Thanks a lot again!