how do you use miscperipherals ME Bridge?

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
Im trying to get some turtle automation going and miscperipherals mentions an ME Bridge to talk to AE networks. I see the ME Bridge item. but i do not see how to make the turtle, or even find it in the miscperipherals tab, or even in NEI search. Cant craft bridge+turtle either, so im kinda confused. tutorial link would be nice, google comes up with little to nothing regarding this. running latest ftb unleashed btw.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
already saw that thread...they already have the turtle doing something...i just dont know how to set it up. will try the block thing, forgot cc does that for monitors and such.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
I think you place the me bridge as a block and wrap it as a peripheral.

yep you right. gotta wrap that rascal.
now. heres an interesting one: miscperipherals says: listCraft() should return list of craftable items. Yet i get all current items in the network, and no craftable items.

i have a chest with bottles and items for potions linked via storage bus to network.
i put down a liquid extracter with an interface and a pattern in interface to produce water bottles from empty ones. in the ME access terminal, i see this as a craftable item

the listCraft call lists all the normal items (in chest), but not the craftable water bottles.

I r confussed

never mind. apparently the MP author is on a break and lots of people screaming for bug fixes. shame, i really needed some way to access stuff in AE from a computer/turtle...gonna have to do this the hard way with pipes n shiz.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
It should be possible to do what you're trying to do using Open Peripheral, the other CC addon included in Unleashed, either by wrapping part of your network directly, or if necessary using the peripheral proxy

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
I figured it out. I was trying to figure out the ID's for the craftable items, but the api calls dont show them. but as long as it is in the AE system, its possible to do the craft requests.
useful function I came up with:

Code:
function getAEId(id, meta)
  return meta*32768 + id
end

so say i want to craft a potion of strength (373:8201) and the AE network has it as a craftable item, i do something like:

Code:
ae = peripheral.wrap("left") -- assuming bridge is left of turtle
potionId = getAEId(373, 8201)
ae.craft(potionId, 1)

then I just wait till that same id shows up in the listItems() table and do my thing. that worked out consistently for me.

code for my brewer turtle (WIP, still setting up the other potions):
http://pastebin.com/9yVeGDnn

Reactions: Aloc