How do YOU power your quarry?

Archina

Jul 29, 2019
Well of course you can use solar for everything, and since you do, why have other ways to produce energy (like gregtech) if using solar is enough?
Because different people have different tastes. So having a little bit of everything to please everyone is always nice. Before I can make solars, I burn coal coke, use creosote oil in the semifluid generator and place lava cans in the thermal generator. Why I don't still do that is because I can use the coal coke in other burning machines, use the creosote oil for RailCraft and use the lava for centrifuging instead.

Just gonna say it again. I'm a hoarder. So I try to save as much as I possibly can (of course I still give things to people if they need them. But that's beside the point.)

Also, I play with gregtech on because of the nice machines and game balancing (Because IC2 was SO easy to blast through into OP mode normally. Almost as bad as EE2 if you ask me.)

Heheggg

Jul 29, 2019
(APS buildcraft Fusion Reactor generating 500 M/J running from my aqueous accumulators powering into a bunch of redstone cells that then leads into a bunch of different tessecracts. pretty op honesty since you get infinite generation with no need for management once you get it running >.> no body will see this anyway.)

Reactions: Dravarden

dragonfire2876

Jul 29, 2019
sadly no interesting way to power the quary im useing lava tesseract build though i did for a while have a carrot powered eu generator ill let you figure that one out by yourself on how i did it

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
You know what, I don't even have a quarry lol. But If I had one, I would probably go the common way with steam boiler+fuel and energy tesseract.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Right. Last weekend I've extended my power generation by 'a bit'. I now have 2 36 HP boilers running on charcoal (Steve's Cart farm), 2 36 HP boilers running on biofuel (sugarcane and cactus from the old forestry farms, saplings from my 2 steve's carts fars) and 2 36 HP boilers running on fuel distilled from oil from distilled bees. So yeah, that's 144*6 = 864MJ/t and no I really don't use any of that power aside from powering the machines and my AE system. My quarries only run every now and then (when I'm bored enough to go move 4 quarries).

Juice57

Jul 29, 2019
Since we have 40% loss with energy tesseracts, 5 36HP Boilers all running off trees and biofuel. 27 industrial steam engines at max speed in each spacing. Excess power converted to EU for matter fabricator to help the 4 nukes on the other side. No solar in this base.

http://imgur.com/a/w1StP

Berry

Jul 29, 2019
For some I use redstone energy cells, like in the nether. My friend does this too but he's more advanced. He has turtles detecting when the energy cell needs replacing and it gets done via ender chests and they pull a charged one from his energy tower and then recharge the depleted one. He has an advantage, he's a programmer, but I'm the one who discovered the energy tower design. So, without me he's nothing. >.>

Others I use 4 combustion engines, 2 aqueous accumulators, with portable biofuel tanks as needed. One of these days I'll actually spend the time calculating how much fuel I require per cubic meter and provide just enough from the start.

Reactions: RetroGamer1224

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
One SC tree farm.
One sawmill.
Two LP36 boilers.
Several Industrial Steam Engines
Energy Tesseract.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I use my tears (because quarries are much more expensive on the server I use), poured into a GregTech diesel engine or a Forestry biomass engine. It's not bad power, either! Takes a while to get to the bottom of the world, but what doesn't?

In all seriousness, though, I don't use quarries (yuck, automation, goes against one of my Rules Of Minecraft). I go mining by hand.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
just a weird question, I'm currently playing on ultimate and I made the mistake of generating my world with large biomes. okay, I fould a 30 block high oil fountain in the middle of the ocean, but I also found a roughly 1000x1000 block large red rock biome. since boilers can run on lithium which can be aquired through macerated clay, which can be made by watering (carpenter) red rock, I have a nearly unlimited lithium source (even the IC2/GT steps can be fuelled by using the sodium fraction as fuel for a semifluid fuel generator).

so, assuming a 3 block thick layer of redrock, this means I have access to roughly 3 million blocks red rock, which effectively give 1,5 million lithium and 3 million sodium. and 3 million aluminium dust, which I can't possibly smelt because there is just no need to smelt so much aluminium...

I guess, I can fuel everything with lithium (or steam generated with a liquid fuel boiler) as long as I take care that I don't run out of lithium...

(the large oil well is a nice extra and will be harvested soon...)

djtlite138

Jul 29, 2019
Tbh i just run a redstone energy cell with an electric engine with an Interdimensional Energy Storage Unit powering it. Granted im not the main miner in my crew, but reliable power works for me. I have 60 Ultimatw solars on my base so it does help.

biomirth

Jul 29, 2019
Resisted using any lava power till now but Xycraft tanks are so easy and cheap that I made a max sized one, filled it with lava using a RS energy cell-->Pump-->Tesseract (channel..."Lava!"), and use another liquid tesseract pair to send lava over the airwaves to a quarry powered by 8 magmatic engines in a an nice compact 4-tall tower of power directly above the quarry itself (liquiduct one corner of a 4x4 space, conduit on the other, fill in square with 2 magmatic engines, repeat vertically until impressed).

Pumps use so little energy to pump I filled that tank with hardly a dent in the RS cell. It's strange: The energy it takes to make 30 iron gates directly in an assembly table can power about 20 max sized quarries to completion (via lava pumping). "What do I need, an iron gate or a megaton of resources?".

No wonder people have been pumping the Nether since forever. I hope I can kick the habit.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
just a weird question, I'm currently playing on ultimate and I made the mistake of generating my world with large biomes. okay, I fould a 30 block high oil fountain in the middle of the ocean,
. . .
(the large oil well is a nice extra and will be harvested soon...)

I had a 30-odd block high oil well in my current seed. Fillled almost two max-sized RC tanks. 17,200 buckets from memory. Add a refinery to the mix and youre sitting on a crapton of fuel --- one enormous energy sink.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I've used Boilers and Industrial Steam Engines a couple of times now, and I think I'll take a new (for me) approach on the current server I'm working up. I enjoy exploring for/recovering/storing/refining Oil, so I'm going to stick with that as my fuel source. But instead of firing steam boilers with it, I'm going to run Combustion Engines.
With Redstone Conduits and Cells, I should be able to easily create an on-demand MJ power system that won't explode on me.
Of course the power would be transmitted from my power station to the Quarry via Tesseract.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I used to use 9 Stirling Engines, now I use a pair of Redstone Energy Cells that are refilled by 14 Electrical Engines. I've only boosted 7 of them so far with intricate circuits, but it's pretty quick. They are powered by a couple of MFSUs that are charged by a bank of 20 Generators fuelled by Blaze Rods. My Blaze Rod farm can't keep up though, I probably over-did it on the generators, so I need to add something else, probably I'll get into biomass next.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I used to use 9 Stirling Engines, now I use a pair of Redstone Energy Cells that are refilled by 14 Electrical Engines. I've only boosted 7 of them so far with intricate circuits, but it's pretty quick. They are powered by a couple of MFSUs that are charged by a bank of 20 Generators fuelled by Blaze Rods. My Blaze Rod farm can't keep up though, I probably over-did it on the generators, so I need to add something else, probably I'll get into biomass next.
How are you getting power from your Geneators to the Quarry location?