How do YOU power your quarry?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
So, yeah, show us how do you power your quarry! it is biomass? it is stirling engines? steam? biofuel?
magmatic? well, here is mine:

A steve cart gives me saplings and wood, wood to the left filter and saplings to the right one:
33peqmu.png
The wood goes to powered furnaces, from there to a golden chest (almost filled up!), and into a 8LP boiler, the steam goes to a small iron tank, then to a tesseract:
2eyddvn.png
That tesseract powers my 2 steam engines, that they power the quarry at 16 mj/t, quite fast in my opinion. The output goes to an enderchest:
2lve8tk.png
That enderchest's output goes to the processing line, the trash can (a rudimentary lava source block) or the golden chest:
2s982fa.png
The processing line is just 3 pulverizers, 6 furnaces and a chest (the rolling machine is just chillin'):
5upx15.png
Now, to power all that, I use all the saplings from the farm to power 5 fermenters and 5 biomass engines (some of it splits to the iron tank), that power the furnaces, and the processing line:
10mvez6.png
the only thing that is left is to use something else instead of fertilizer for the fermenters.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
I do it boringly. I just put two quarries 1 block apart from each other and slap an energy tesseract between them. I have a bunch of industrial steam engines hooked up to a 36HP steam boiler back at my base. I'm planning on adding another 36HP and more engines but I'm still smelting up the steel for that.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I do it boringly. I just put two quarries 1 block apart from each other and slap an energy tesseract between them. I have a bunch of industrial steam engines hooked up to a 36HP steam boiler back at my base. I'm planning on adding another 36HP and more engines but I'm still smelting up the steel for that.
remember tesseracts can only get 100 mj/t :p

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
remember tesseracts can only get 100 mj/t :p

Per side on the input. So if your input tess is connected to more than one side to your power providers you can get more power through. The recieving end doesn't seem to have a limit.

I seem to have read somewhere that King Lemming is a bit undecided if he's going to leave it that way.

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
the only thing that is left is to use something else instead of fertilizer for the fermenters.
Run the apples you get from your tree farm through a squeezer or two, and use the resulting mulch in your fermenters instead of fertiliser (and the apple juice instead of water, although the amount of juice you get might be a little low).

Archina

Jul 29, 2019
I do it the easy way. Have a row of 10-20 blulectric engines or 10MJ/t electrical engines all flowing into a tesseract (and other things of course.) That way the quarry just looks like the latest ink printer on a 64x64 area.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Run the apples you get from your tree farm through a squeezer or two, and use the resulting mulch in your fermenters instead of fertiliser (and the apple juice instead of water, although the amount of juice you get might be a little low).

Yeah I started using the moisteners for the mulch, and is pretty good (wheat farm running by golems :p) but I don't need no apple juice, first, using water is enough, the output biomass is so much that I had to do a buffer tank (getting filled up), second, I'm using birch wood, and third, apples don't give enough juice to keep it running.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I started using the moisteners for the mulch, and is pretty good (wheat farm running by golems :p) but I don't need no apple juice, first, using water is enough, the output biomass is so much that I had to do a buffer tank (getting filled up), second, I'm using birch wood, and third, apples don't give enough juice to keep it running.
i use 3 fermenters for my sapling/biomass production and a 4th connected to a squeezer that only runs when apples are available. i mainly use this to get mulch to put inside the fermenters. not necessary since appetite is so plentiful but just to have something to do with the apples. I think this kind of system is what he was suggesting ;)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I do it the most boring way, liquid tesseract and pump in the nether, and another liquid tesseract at the quarry, feeding lava into 10 magmatic engines that power the quarry.
I am planning on changing it to biomass aswell, but I'm just so lazy _[=]_O

Archina

Jul 29, 2019
I do it the most boring way, liquid tesseract and pump in the nether, and another liquid tesseract at the quarry, feeding lava into 10 magmatic engines that power the quarry.
I am planning on changing it to biomass aswell, but I'm just so lazy _[=]_O
I say add a couple more if possible. I think the quarry's max speed is 47.5MJ/t so two more would max it while only wasting 0.5MJ/t.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I say add a couple more if possible. I think the quarry's max speed is 47.5MJ/t so two more would max it while only wasting 0.5MJ/t.

nah, I'm fine with 10, it's already pretty fast, plus the platforms I made fit better with 10 engines then 12.
I used to have a world where I had 15 magmatic engines, because I didn't realize 48MJ was the top (well, it is 60MJ, but after 48, it's going to waste) but yikes, what a hideous setup that was...

Jacobness

Jul 29, 2019
4 advanced solar panels connected to two electrical engines connected to quarry. goes decently quick
Considering your name, avatar, and signature, it's not surprising you went IC2 to power a quarry (I do to). I too am a lover of all things IC2.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I like how gregtech adds a crapload of ways to generate power and he slaps 2 solar panels that generate power out of thin air to power the quarry... Ahhh, the irony.

Archina

Jul 29, 2019
I like how gregtech adds a crapload of ways to generate power and he slaps 2 solar panels that generate power out of thin air to power the quarry... Ahhh, the irony.
Probably because the others actually require maintenance. you know, when a quarry does the mining for you, why not just let the solars do the powering for you too?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Probably because the others actually require maintenance. you know, when a quarry does the mining for you, why not just let the solars do the powering for you too?

Yeah, why use rails if we got portals? Why use liquid transposers and enderchests if we got liquid tesseracts? Why build a house when a turtle can do it? You know, making some stuff with like trains, steve carts, mystcraft ages, frames, etc. is more fun that getting resources from thin air and a hole in the ground.

Why do you think new forestry farms require player input now, instead of placing them there and lever looking at it again?

Archina

Jul 29, 2019
Manual labour is only fun to part of the people who play it. If I thought blowing up my house with 10 nulcear reactors was fun or perhaps using the chemical reactor a million times just to get EU, I'd do it. Instead I just use one in a remote location for noting but RE-E Uranium cells and use solars for powering everything.

Though the main reason is because I'm a hoarder. Why constantly spend resources on one thing when you can spend slightly more to have something much more reliable?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Manual labour is only fun to part of the people who play it. If I thought blowing up my house with 10 nulcear reactors was fun or perhaps using the chemical reactor a million times just to get EU, I'd do it. Instead I just use one in a remote location for noting but RE-E Uranium cells and use solars for powering everything.

Though the main reason is because I'm a hoarder. Why constantly spend resources on one thing when you can spend slightly more to have something much more reliable?

Well of course you can use solar for everything, and since you do, why have other ways to produce energy (like gregtech) if using solar is enough?