How do you feel about AE2?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Say, does an ME drive require just one channel, or does it scale with the amount of storage disks in it? If its the former, I could just make AE2 my storage mod and simplify my everything quite a bit...

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
One channel per drive, definitely. Otherwise you couldn't even connect a full drive with a normal cable...[DOUBLEPOST=1409745629][/DOUBLEPOST]
I could just make AE2 my storage mod and simplify my everything quite a bit...

Indeed, in AE2 I've found that I learned to value other mods' transport systems much more again, e.g. EnderIO's powerful conduits, or using machines' auto-eject to make builds very compact. It was so easy just to slap and export/import bus on every machine in AE1, you never needed to use anything else. Making an automated inscriber system out of just one interface and a bunch of conduits was fun and really satisfying once done.

However, the autocrafting and storage I couldn't live without, and the former feels even better with AE2 while the latter is unchanged.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet! Also, yes, I'm mainly going to use this new AE for storage and auto-crafting. Ender IO can do damn near everything else because it is a god mod.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
I love the mod! sure, it takes some time to get into but it's worth it, for me anyway. Plus Thaumic Energistics <3

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
The "simple" solution would be to use XU item node with a world upgrade module and a filter. That will then suck up anything sitting in that block that matches the filter. Then you just have to trust that the seeds don't despawn as advertised :p

Another idea that's more complicated, and would look cooler, would be the PneumaticCraft drones. Have one hovering nearby set to pick up the crystals.

Don't you need the actual item first to set it into the filter?

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I know, I know... I'm beating a dead horse here. I guess I'm clearly on the opposite side of the "make it harder/grindier" group :)
And I'm okay with that. I'll still play, I'll still have fun, but set up / start up isn't going to be as fun (for me)

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to me that if crystals just didn't grow at all without growth machines, people wouldn't react so strongly. For some reason, the mention of "it can take hours if you don't have the proper equipment" sends them up in arms. If you need the machines, it's just the same as with most other mods - no power, no ore duplication, which is acceptable to everyone.

So everybody who is upset about unpowered growth taking so long, just ignore that the possibility exists :)

Reactions: buggirlexpres

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
It seems to me that if crystals just didn't grow at all without growth machines, people wouldn't react so strongly. For some reason, the mention of "it can take hours if you don't have the proper equipment" sends them up in arms. If you need the machines, it's just the same as with most other mods - no power, no ore duplication, which is acceptable to everyone.

So everybody who is upset about unpowered growth taking so long, just ignore that the possibility exists :)
they are upset it takes 5 nether quarts (4 for the fluix block and 1 glass cable in the accelerator recipe) per accelerator that they can't dupe

yes that is all it would save not counting power transmission for which you can put the accepter/vibration chamber right next to them

Last edited:
Reactions: mcalpha

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Neither can you duplicate the first couple tin/copper/iron ores you need to build the first pulverizer/redstone furnace/dynamo in TE...