How do YOU Auto-spawn Withers?

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
After trying to attempt it myself, I discovered auto-spawning withers without AE is actually a lot more difficult than it looks. What do you guys do for that?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Any kind of block placer should be fine, as long as you make sure that one of the heads gets placed last

Reactions: CoolSquid

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Computercraft turtles should be able to do it aswell. They probably can also hide for the explosion if there is enough time. Never done it myself so don't know for sure.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
SFM which deploys the blocks, the wither floats down into a dark steel cage with a MFR mob counter which will activate a tinker's mechworks drawbridge which deploys more dark steel blocks to block off the hole the wither floated through. finally a draconic grinder to kill the wither and an item transfer node with world interaction upgrade to suck up the items and a MFR sewer to pick up the experience.

Reactions: xTordX

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
SFM which deploys the blocks, the wither floats down into a dark steel cage with a MFR mob counter which will activate a tinker's mechworks drawbridge which deploys more dark steel blocks to block off the hole the wither floated through. finally a draconic grinder to kill the wither and an item transfer node with world interaction upgrade to suck up the items and a MFR sewer to pick up the experience.
I've been using SFM, I can't seem to get the heads to place right. As for openblocks block placers, they work, but then place additional blocks after for some odd reason, not even all of the placers. Also, how does the sewer not get blown up?

EDIT: Just was not on round robin mode, SFM works fine.

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
FYI, laser drills make for excellent wither killers as the beam doesnt get destroyed by the explosion. Why cant you just use AE?

Ch1ckenDestr0yer

Jul 29, 2019
I don't remember what the mod is called, but can't you use a mob grinder and catch a wither with a safari net? Then place whatever block they won't blow up around were they spawn. Or is that the AE mod?

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
FYI, laser drills make for excellent wither killers as the beam doesnt get destroyed by the explosion. Why cant you just use AE?
I *can* use AE, for but I'm not using it because I'd like to do a build everyone else isn't doing, and I thought I'd see what everyone else was doing.

EDIT: Hmmm... laser drills *are* excellent for killing withers, topped my current setup by 3 seconds. How do you collect the drops though?

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

problem with the laser is that there's still a small chance the wither may break out of the killing box, as the laser needs a direct line of sight towards the bedrock, so there's a small hole in the roof for the laser to go through.
I've done a quite a few test runs using the laser method, but a few times the withers managed to escape and made quite a mess

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
problem with the laser is that there's still a small chance the wither may break out of the killing box, as the laser needs a direct line of sight towards the bedrock, so there's a small hole in the roof for the laser to go through.
I've done a quite a few test runs using the laser method, but a few times the withers managed to escape and made quite a mess
How do you prevent the sewer in your build from blowing up?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I *can* use AE, for but I'm not using it because I'd like to do a build everyone else isn't doing, and I thought I'd see what everyone else was doing.

EDIT: Hmmm... laser drills *are* excellent for killing withers, topped my current setup by 3 seconds. How do you collect the drops though?

Transfer nodes and world interaction upgrades can pull items from a good distance but I just equip my magnet.