How do YOU Auto-spawn Withers?

D

Daihok

I usually use rftools as my go-to. I did see though that industrial forgoing has a wither builder. I have never tryed it but I may just to see what its like.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That's pretty much what I did. The problem is that the block placers can place the skulls before the soul sand, which prevents the Wither from spawning. Having some way to send a redstone signal on placers for soul sand first, then the skulls, then make sure no more soul sand or skulls get extracted from input chest and placed is very tricky. Videos skim through this, making it quickly and hard to follow. I figured something out with SuperCircuit Maker, but it was very frustrating.
You're very correct that the heads-first thing is an obstacle, and I'd forgotten about that.

To get around it, I use a vanilla repeater to delay the head-blocks by a tick or two. So instead of a single redstone-cable (or whatever) going to each placer, its one cable split into two cables, and one (going to the head-placers) has a repeater in it causing a slight delay. Works like a charm and its not fiddly.

edit: goodness, this post just put me #1 in the members list for number of posts.