How Do I Obtain The Dagger Of Sacrifice In Magic Farm 2?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing as iron swords are uncraftable, how would one obtain this? Do I need to get it from a mob drop?
That's... bad. Report that to the makers of the pack(that's a game breaker level mistake, son), unless their intent is indeed, find it in some mobs hands and whack it out of there.
In which case, that's mean.

I think you might be able to find iron swords in chests, occasionally. Might be a bit easier then killing every mob with an iron sword until one drops. If Magic Farm has Rogue-Like Dungeons, find a Dungeon and crawl around the first couple floors; tempered swords are just iron swords with a fancy name and colors/enchants in case you didn't know.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
That's... bad. Report that to the makers of the pack(that's a game breaker level mistake, son), unless their intent is indeed, find it in some mobs hands and whack it out of there.
In which case, that's mean.

I think you might be able to find iron swords in chests, occasionally. Might be a bit easier then killing every mob with an iron sword until one drops. If Magic Farm has Rogue-Like Dungeons, find a Dungeon and crawl around the first couple floors; tempered swords are just iron swords with a fancy name and colors/enchants in case you didn't know.
It does not have those dungeons. I have seen iron swords, but never kept them. Now Im spending hours trying to get one.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
probably something that was overlooked. you could report this to @Jadedcat and see if this is indeed something that was overlooked

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
She can change the recipe for the dagger most likely via minetweaker, which is the mod that they are using to edit recipes in the packs.

danielson1991

Jul 29, 2019
I have made three separate daggers of sacrifice, two using iron swords in the blood altar and one using the invar sword in the crafting table with the apprentice blood orb. none of the three kills mobs in one hit or adds any LE to my network or an altar even if im on top of the altar, any suggestions?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I have made three separate daggers of sacrifice, two using iron swords in the blood altar and one using the invar sword in the crafting table with the apprentice blood orb. none of the three kills mobs in one hit or adds any LE to my network or an altar even if im on top of the altar, any suggestions?
Is your sacrifice pretty much on top of your altar? That's what matters here. And the LE is added to your altar only. Unless of course you've got an orb in the altar filling automatically.
It's a bit hard for me to use the bloody things, to the point I'm planning on using rituals to make it more viable, a mildly pointless idea seeing as to get the needed rituals up and going I need a T3 Orb, and I was going to use the sacrifices to get the bloody thing.

danielson1991

Jul 29, 2019
i have a t3 altar that i used cobble blackstone for the filler and it was on the cobble blackstone within 5 blocks of the altar block. do they have to be directly on top of the altar block itself?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
i have a t3 altar that i used cobble blackstone for the filler and it was on the cobble blackstone within 5 blocks of the altar block. do they have to be directly on top of the altar block itself?

No, however my tests indicate that being on the T2 portion of the altar is a close enough range to be safe. I think farther will work, but not by much.

danielson1991

Jul 29, 2019
then i should be within the proper range, i have tested with both passive and hostile mobs and neither adds any LE. nor do they die in 1 hit like i believe they are supposed to.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
then i should be withing the proper range, i have tested with both passive and hostile mobs and neither adds any LE. nor do they die in 1 hit like i believe they are supposed to.

Can you post some pictures of your setup? That'll help quite a bit in figuring out what's going on here.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
i will try, the screenshot button is f2 but where does that send them?

Under the location you installed FTB to, it should be saving the packs there. Open up whatever pack you're using, go under (I believe the Minecraft folder is next; I'm not at a computer so I can't confirm). From there, I believe there's an images folder.

danielson1991

Jul 29, 2019
i feel really dumb.... just tried with a sheep and it worked fine, i must have just not been close enough. very sorry to have wasted your time but i do greatly appreciate your help. sorry again.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
i feel really dumb.... just tried with a sheep and it worked fine, i must have just not been close enough. very sorry to have wasted your time but i do greatly appreciate your help. sorry again.

Don't worry about it. If you have more questions about Blood Magic feel free to shoot me a PM or stop by my thread (link in sig), I'll be glad to help.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, then what were you using on before? This bares worth investigating further.