How do i get rid of HUGE amounts of flux?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Technically speaking, Their evil ways are causing wisps

Technically speaking, wisps are a trivial nuisance at best, solved at the simplest methodology by placing a single block in the same block as the node.

You've complained at least twice about there being no vis. Vis usage is the cause of flux, not the result. Nor do wisps use vis.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
First step should be getting rid of the factory - otherwise you'll be stuck cleaning up flux constantly. Then follow steps outlined , although with the source of flux gone, it should naturally stabilize over time.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
First step should be getting rid of the factory - otherwise you'll be stuck cleaning up flux constantly. Then follow steps outlined , although with the source of flux gone, it should naturally stabilize over time.

There's no way of getting rid of the factory without having someone come after my farm v_v

I do however need to restore le vis, That's a problem for later

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
There's no way of getting rid of the factory without having someone come after my farm v_v

I do however need to restore le vis, That's a problem for later
Grab yourself a Rejuvenating Bee, but keep those Pure Bees running.
The Rejuvenating Bee will create so much Vis you will be crying it out of your eyes.
But careful, it will also slowly create flux, and as it's life progresses, the flux gets higher and higher and higher!
You will need lots of Pure Bees to clean up the mess made by the Rejuvenating Bee.
Wait, are you in 1.4 or 1.5?
1.5, cheat in Rejuvenating Bee
1.4, cheat in Infused Stone or create Crystal Clusters (in a fuller node).
Either way for 1.4 takes a long time. Infused takes longer, depending on which node you are in.
Make sure you have Pure Bees.[DOUBLEPOST=1370219938][/DOUBLEPOST]
You could always plant a silverwood tree by your base to create a new node. That increases Viz, doesn't it?
Silverwood Trees require Aura to grow.
They literally take more Aura from the nodes then they give back in a node.
Don't do it, please Chrissy.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Grab yourself a Rejuvenating Bee, but keep those Pure Bees running.
The Rejuvenating Bee will create so much Vis you will be crying it out of your eyes.
But careful, it will also slowly create flux, and as it's life progresses, the flux gets higher and higher and higher!
You will need lots of Pure Bees to clean up the mess made by the Rejuvenating Bee.
Wait, are you in 1.4 or 1.5?
1.5, cheat in Rejuvenating Bee
1.4, cheat in Infused Stone or create Crystal Clusters (in a fuller node).
Either way for 1.4 takes a long time. Infused takes longer, depending on which node you are in.
Make sure you have Pure Bees.

Can't cheat, MP server

Also i have like, 8 hives reserved for pures
I can just put one down for rejuve

One of the probs is that there are several nodes in the AO, All but one corrupt, And the one i managed to purify is TINY

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Can't cheat, MP server

Also i have like, 8 hives reserved for pures
I can just put one down for rejuve
Wait, do you actually have Pure Bees already?
Rejuvenated only exists in 1.5, as far as I know.
Yeah, put one down for Rejuvenated (if in 1.5).
Only cycle that guy once.
No more, no less.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
One: I need to talk to someone on skype or something about this T_T
Two: OH FUCK THE NODE IS ESCAPING

turtlelord

Jul 29, 2019
One: I need to talk to someone on skype or something about this T_T
Two: OH FUCK THE NODE IS ESCAPING

What is your server new or something? Almost all server I've been on have this kind of thing covered as server-wide griefing because when you destroy a node like that, it hurts all neighboring nodes and spawns hordes of wisps that kill newcomers.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
What is your server new or something? Almost all server I've been on have this kind of thing covered as server-wide griefing because when you destroy a node like that, it hurts all neighboring nodes and spawns hordes of wisps that kill newcomers.

i had to hook up my employees with quantum anyways,
I have dart golems with other upgrades, Pure bees,
i'm doing all i bloody can

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
So now that you have your pure bees down, leave.
Wait until tomorrow. By then at least that one node will be cleared.
Move your setup to another node, and leave.
Wait until the night.
Repeat.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Well, so, interesting facts.

Thaumcraft has this curious limit on the amount of network propagation for vis in more recent releases. I think this was done for a variety of performance reasons. But the way I understand the current state of things, you can put a TON of new nodes between you and the factories and that will actually limit how much flux can be moved. But relying on this behavior may not be so wise; not clear to me it's a bug or not.

But my other suggestion to you is to set up a Vis charging dimension and perform a similar absolute destruction of the local environment there. Then take that vis into batteries and bring it over to your base. Set up an automated system to cycle them nonstop. That really isn't so many infernal furnaces. With a dimension optimized for vis production you can actually outproduce vis.

The third suggestion is easiest. Break the corner off each furnace with TNT. This will stop them from drawing vis and the resulting blaze plague will be a good message to folks that pollution has consequences.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
So now that you have your pure bees down, leave.
Wait until tomorrow. By then at least that one node will be cleared.
Wait until the night.
Repeat.

and gentlemen, The M1 Experimental fluxbuster, After nine years in development, Hopefully it will have been worth the wait, Please let me know what you think
Bf4nqCh.jpg

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
and gentlemen, The M1 Experimental fluxbuster, After nine years in development, Hopefully it will have been worth the wait, Please let me know what you think

As pretty as it looks.. Wont the apiaries make the crystal core.. Unusable? I recal having even as little as water would make it lose its usefullness. Also.. How do you plan to acces the center apiaries? Other then that its a fun and rather good looking design

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry... what was that?

Could not hear you over the sound of this awesome gaggle of golems

golems by Saice, on Flickr

Autospawner+safarinet+exact copies=On
infinite dispensable golems[DOUBLEPOST=1370259814][/DOUBLEPOST]
As pretty as it looks.. Wont the apiaries make the crystal core.. Unusable? I recal having even as little as water would make it lose its usefullness. Also.. How do you plan to acces the center apiaries? Other then that its a fun and rather good looking design

There are only 8. There are no
"Center" apiaries Plus i only put them down once the node is moved, Perhaps i could just draw it far way enough so that it wouldn't affect me

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
Autospawner+safarinet+exact copies=On
infinite dispensable golems[DOUBLEPOST=1370259814][/DOUBLEPOST]

There are only 8. There are no
"Center" apiaries Plus i only put them down once the node is moved, Perhaps i could just draw it far way enough so that it wouldn't affect me

Oh, then i suppose the center blocks must be wood planks then, i kind of asumed they where apiaries as well.. My mistake there. As for draggin the node away, i would suggest against it. Firstly it means no more vis for you at all (after you fix it) and the range of negativeness is rather large. I more then once got affected by flux while the closets node was over 400 blocks away. Now you can only move a node ~20 blocks at a time for 300 or something vis.. Not including the cost to remake the core each and every time. I think you are FAR better off repairing it with bees then to move it.

(the vis and core costs can be reduced if you use a frame machine to move the whole contraption while its dragging)

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, then i suppose the center blocks must be wood planks then, i kind of asumed they where apiaries as well.. My mistake there. As for draggin the node away, i would suggest against it. Firstly it means no more vis for you at all (after you fix it) and the range of negativeness is rather large. I more then once got affected by flux while the closets node was over 400 blocks away. Now you can only move a node ~20 blocks at a time for 300 or something vis.. Not including the cost to remake the core each and every time. I think you are FAR better off repairing it with bees then to move it.

(the vis and core costs can be reduced if you use a frame machine to move the whole contraption while its dragging)

The center is hollow