How do i get rid of HUGE amounts of flux?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
A pair of people set up a HUGE chaos-spewing factory close enough to my base to do harm,

There are corrupt nodes and high flux everywhere, No vis, I'm losing dart golems
(Also is there a way to stop the golems making noise? Like deleting something in resources?)
PFCwaUp.jpg

NgxZvm9.jpg

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Pure Bees.
That's it.
But you do also have to find a pure node to get the bee.
Oh well.
Cheat in a pure bee, if you really can't find a large enough, pure enough node.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
How long do pures take to purify an area?
Depends on how many you have.
If you have enough, it will take about half an hour to an hour.
That's about 10-15 sets.
If you are on a server, just plop down one set and leave.
EDIT: Don't forget to hide them!
I found out a good number thanks to an accidental rampage I had with Rejuvenating Bees on my test world.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
So these idiot setup this to try to use those or just to get a "good laugh"? Because sooner or later their base will be wiped out too if this isn't fixed sooner or later.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
And remember, you have to have them near enough to a node.
Flux evenly distributes over a long amount of time, but if you don't want to have to wait that long, just move the bees when you are done with a node.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
So these idiot setup this to try to use those or just to get a "good laugh"? Because sooner or later their base will be wiped out too if this isn't fixed sooner or later.

They made a triple meat treat factory T_T

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Current effects of flux are wisps, weather, and minor meaningless potion effects. You can box up the node and completely ignore it.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like your really in need of something to quickly refill the vis in addition to handling the flux.

potter

Jul 29, 2019
The lack of 3x bellows on those furnaces makes me a sad panda :(
I assume they setup so many due to the furnace being somewhat slower without the bellows. It's also less efficient without them.
No crystal clusters around?

You're obviously going to have to make magic stuff elsewhere until this factory is gone or at least stabilized in terms of spillage.
Bees and/or crystal clusters.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Lack of vis makes it hard to do magic stuff >_>

Flux doesn't remove vis. Flux is created when a node recharges via node-to-node transfer

The only way to create vis is with crystal clusters. Otherwise, it's a transfer from another node or turning an infused ore dull.

The only way to speed up the restoration of vis over and above natural node to node transfers is with crystal clusters.

Slap a few around your base, and tell them to do the same. You might need more than a few.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I recall a Thaumcraft 3 addon which added a couple admin/OP only items which helped with working the aura, but I can't for the life of me find it.

As such, all I can suggest is making some pure bees and enclosing the node in a warded stone cage with a warded door. And using wireless redstone to trigger a tesla coil with a IDSU to power it for wisp purging.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Find a thuamcraft alter and use a portal gun to pick up the wisp spawner then hide it in the factory. That way they will think that their evil ways are spawning the wisps and it will drive them to clean up their act.

UncagedBlue

Jul 29, 2019
Find a thuamcraft alter and use a portal gun to pick up the wisp spawner then hide it in the factory. That way they will think that their evil ways are spawning the wisps and it will drive them to clean up their act.

You can't pick up wisp spawners.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure? As I've seen people do so in videos a lot, as thuamcraft adds a normal spawner for wisps that always spawns under the chest on the large alters.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
That's my Triple Meat Treat production facility! o:

your horribly inefficent tripple meat treat production facility.

For the love of meat put bellows on there to improve the odds of each nugget AND make it run faster.

Then you can drop to about one third of the number of furnaces, and stop floxing the vis.

Reactions: Anubis

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019

Technically speaking, Their evil ways are causing wisps

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
If your the server owner why not ban these idiots if they're just causing chaos? If not tell the owner and he/she will soon find out it's a attempted "loop hole" to no Lag Machines rule that most server have. Even though it's natural doing it they're are clearly responsible for eating up server resources. Even if you lived by a bad node I would hold you accountable if you just sit there and do nothing and/or make it worst. If you would find one on my server you would either have to leave or make it under control.