How do I do this, without Logi pipes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

joseff amador

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing DW20's pack, and normally, I use logistics pipes to ensure that my peat-fired engines have always at least 1 peat in them.

However, DW20's pack does not have Logi pipes. Is there anything available in the selected mods that I could use for this task? How do I supply inventories with certain things, automated?

LeDerpius

Jul 29, 2019
A couple gates from BuildCraft could probably do it. I had a quarry set up in the Beta Pack that would filter all of the coal out into a chest which was linked to an Autarchic Gate, and past some pipe wire, Steam Engines with gates set to emit a pipe wire signal if the engine was empty. That, or you could probably do something similar with Managers from Redpower.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
If you use redpower tubes you can use a filter and the closest engines will always be topped off with peat. Once the closest is full the next valid place it can find to place the peat will be filled -- on and on. A restriction tube + chest is an ideal way to handle overflow.

Diamond pipes can do a similar thing. Connect the diamond pipe to the engine and put the peat on the side the engine connects with. Once the engine is full peat will stop trying to go that direction in the diamond pipe and take any other open paths. So you could fill a series of engines in this manner. If you know roughly what your surplus will be you can instead put the peat in 2 or more directions on the diamond pipe and when it reaches that intersection it will take those directions proportional to the number of items you placed in the diamond pipe's filter. With all the BC pipes, it will not take a route if it knows it is full (but it only knows about adjacent inventories).

Gates and a buffer chest are a good option like mentioned above. I usually put the buffer chest at the engine though, so you can use the fuel level status to pulse an adjacent redstone engine that sends more fuel. Never liked pipe wires.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft- load a chest cart up with peat, and have an unloader for each engine set to keep 1 peat in stock (S button). You don't need a boarding/holding rail for each unloader since you're only dropping off one peat per engine- the cart will have enough time to unload one peat per engine as it's rolling by at full speed.

joseff amador

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft- load a chest cart up with peat, and have an unloader for each engine set to keep 1 peat in stock (S button). You don't need a boarding/holding rail for each unloader since you're only dropping off one peat per engine- the cart will have enough time to unload one peat per engine as it's rolling by at full speed.

Thanks for the replies everyone! This railcraft idea sounds interesting and fun. Would be kinda cool adding some animation to in the lonely, single player world ;)