How did YOU customize your Minecraft experience?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

joseff amador

Jul 29, 2019
I am curious what other players have done (if anything) to customize their Minecraft modding experience. Has anyone installed one of the FTB packs, and then added additional mods that they just couldn't live without? If so, what?

Shinrei186

Jul 29, 2019
We installed Mo creatures on our server for a bit before it had some kind of fatal error and we had to remove it. o_O

DrEinsteinium

Jul 29, 2019
Treecapitator! I'm sorry, but it just saves SO much time in the long run. I really don't care if it's unbalanced lol.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Beta A:

I added EE3, and had to remove portalgun due to a friend getting errors.

I also re-enabled the mass fab in the gregtech config.

I plan to give things a much more thorough going over once the main pack arrives and I switch over to it. I will probably use Ultimate.

lindyhopfan

Jul 29, 2019
Once the FTB ultimate pack for 1.4.5 comes out with Redpower2 included, i'm planning to add "Valve Pipes (and more!)" by Denoflions, "Metallurgy 2" by Shadowclaimer (with customizations to the config files to ensure sufficient vanilla ores are still available), and "Balkon's Weapon Mod" by Balkondueralpha for my single player and LAN games. Also, the current Equivalent Exchange prerelease if it is not released by then.

xBrandonMPx

Jul 29, 2019
I've added Additional Pipes, Advanced Power Management, EE3, Logistics Pipes and Transformers. Now, like everyone else, I'm just waiting for RP2!

SwarthyBard

Jul 29, 2019
So far I've only added logistics and additional pipes so we can use phased transport and logic on my server. Might add more later.

Chewbacca

Jul 29, 2019
I added Logistic Pipes 0.6.0.pre2, MoCreatures v4.1.3+ GuiAPI0148-1.4.2+ CustomMobspawner1.71 which works fine for me. Temporaly deactivated GregTech and obsidianplates because of incompability with Sphax TP (ores are invisble) also deactivated portalgun and forge irc because I don't use them

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I added Logistic Pipes 0.6.0.pre2, MoCreatures v4.1.3+ GuiAPI0148-1.4.2+ CustomMobspawner1.71 which works fine for me. Temporaly deactivated GregTech and obsidianplates because of incompability with Sphax TP (ores are invisble) also deactivated portalgun and forge irc because I don't use them

Hm, you might need to go recheck your TP, because I use sphax and have gregtech just fine. There are a couple of oddities ( just the sunnarium stuff which is all magenta ), but definitely not incompatible. I used one from the sphax website, 64x.

Chewbacca

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, you might need to go recheck your TP, because I use sphax and have gregtech just fine. There are a couple of oddities ( just the sunnarium stuff which is all magenta ), but definitely not incompatible. I used one from the sphax website, 64x.

hmm maybe u can link/send me ur version of the TP addon because when I use mine the ores are missing

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Well, I march to the beat of a rather different drum, so here's what I end up doing:

* Remove: GregTech, Extra Bees, and Extra Biomes

Why: GregTech focuses more on 'UberTech', like 'after you get done getting your Gavisuite, and you don't have much left over to do, start doing this'. In exchange, it also makes using IC2 uniformly harder. Sure, you can change all that back in the config, but since it adds nothing I have any interest in... I just remove it.

Extra Bees and Extra Biomes I remove mostly for convenience. Here's the thing... extra biomes is an awesome mod, which gives you TONS of additional biomes you can run around in, which looks absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately, with all those extra biome choices, the odds of finding biome-specific resources you need to get started (rubber trees) goes down. I don't want to have to travel 2k+ blocks just to find a blinkin' rubber tree so I can upgrade to the industrial age. Extra Bees are almost entirely undocumented, and almost always produces something I don't need. Stony bees producing cobble.... wut?

I might put Extra Biomes back in, due to TE allowing me an alternative that doesn't require biome-specific resources. It really does add a lot to the atmosphere and ambiance of the world, and creates some truly breathtaking vistas and landscapes.

* Replace NEI with CraftGuide

Why: I like the user interface of CraftGuide better. NEI is an awesome mod, not denying that, BUT it's just... too much. It has too much functionality, and many of the options just gets in my way. I'd much rather just have CraftGuide which I can pull up with a hotkey than have to see all that stuff in my inventory window. I prefer something leaner rather than something with more features. Notepad++ rather than MS Word (or rather, LibreOffice Writer, but that's a debate for a different thread ;)) .

* Add: Valve Pipes, Logistics Pipes, Routing Pipes, Forestry Plugin, Optifine, and Enchanting plus

Why: Valve, Routing, and Logistics Pipes add more needed functionality, although Routing Pipes will probably go away when ABO comes out. Valve Pipes are absolutely necessary for anyone playing with Railcraft Steam Boilers. Industrial pipes carry more steam, and the cobble/gold and stone/gold pipes can REALLY compact build designs. Logistics Pipes... I'm not a big fan of some of the places it has gone to since Krapht passed along the torch, but fortunately you can disable power requirements in the config settings. However, it's a sorting system, autocrafting system, and in general makes automation a lot easier to do.

Optifine... d'uh. Tweak system performance and graphics, plus HD texture packs. No reason not to install.

Forestry Plugin... again, something that should be standard install when you have Forestry, IC2, and BC all installed.

Enchanting Plus... because I absolutely despise, with a bloody passion, random enchants, particularly when you are trying to enchant electric tools or armor. It just makes Enchanting viable, in my opinion.

What I would like to see:

Electric tools that aren't IC2. I like the mechanic of 'make it once, and it won't break, even if you do need to recharge it'. This also increases the pain level when you die (zombie stole my chainsaw WUT!?!), and makes corpse recovery a little more 'interesting'. RP2 already has the incredibly awesome Sonic Screwdriver. Maybe there will be other electric gem tools in the future?

As far as texture packs, I'm trying to find a decent one. I'm not a big fan of Sphax. I don't like the whole irregular pentagon motif. However, I do like how it does glass and glass panes, when paired with Optifine to do smooth textures, because it doesn't have that annoying glare thing going. I tend to like, in general, faithful packs, except for the glass. I aim at a 64x texture pack, although I wouldn't turn my nose up at a 32x pack if one looked good. Anything higher than 64x and my computer starts to resent it (although with the latest linux nvidia 310 driver, that might well change).

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
could you please tell me which versions of routing pipe and forestry plugin you are using? because my game crashes when I using them
You're probably getting an ID Block conflict with Valve Pipes. Go into the config file and change the ID block to something like 2000 and you should be fine.

Make sure you are using the correct version. Remember, FTB Pack is on 1.4.2, wheras Forestry (and the associated plugin) have moved up to 1.4.5. Valve Pipes have also updated to 1.4.5. So instead of using the latest version of these mods, go into the 'previous versions' section and select the one that corresponds with 1.4.2

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Magic Pack on our server atm with the Logistics Pipes port (looking forward to the original mod update!), Factorization and Computercraft added in. I think we had some block id conflicts, but once they were resolved, everything seems to be playing ball.

ThyMrMan

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much every mod that I could get working with it, though now I am in trouble since updating to 1.4.5 has messed up my block id's

NightKev

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics Pipes... I'm not a big fan of some of the places it has gone to since Krapht passed along the torch, but fortunately you can disable power requirements in the config settings. However, it's a sorting system, autocrafting system, and in general makes automation a lot easier to do.
He didn't "pass along the torch", he just gave someone else permission to fork it while he's busy with BC3/etc. He'll be updating the "official" version soon enough, when he has the chance.