How can i hide glass fibre cables in the wall?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You could place your machines as part of the wall and have the wires one deeper as well. But yeah, CF on cables(which hasn't always played nice) or Immibis Microblocks(which has always played nice in my tests with damn near everything I could throw at it).
Plus, CF looks kind of ugly. And unless your base is made of it, it really stands out.*

*Depending on what you build your house with, it can kind of blend in, but still, use Immibis Microblocks, you can have your wires hidden in your walls and still have a nice looking house no matter what your house is built out of.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Just as the title says!

Don't use the walls, use a raised floor like a real data center, instead.

floor_main.jpg

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
what happens when you install both? will they work on everything redpower side (like, wire and tubes) AND every other mod in history?

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
IRL you can place blocks above covers... here you can't.

Yes, you can. You make a hollow floor by adding a few meters worth of hollowing.

It's a whole bunch easier than trying to stuff wiring in the walls as you can access it far easier that way.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
what happens when you install both? will they work on everything redpower side (like, wire and tubes) AND every other mod in history?

I *think* Immibis's version remains separate, thus you have two different kinds of Microblocks (with two different ways to make them) which work on two different sets of things.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
waste of IDs!
And adding to an already cluttered NEI. The RP2 microblocks should be like wool recipes, where it just flashes differently based on the kind of block you use. Then have 2 separate versions of each type of multiblock for the ones that use iron or diamond handsaw.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I thought RP2 was downloaded in about 30 different mods. I'm suprised the microblocks aren't their own, or have the ability to be switched off.