Help With Programmable RedNet Controller

epoch86

Jul 29, 2019
I've been tinkering with the Programmable RedNet Controller for a little while now, just learning stuff. But the one thing I can't figure out, is how to use it on a piston door. What I'm trying to do is have the signal inverted to keep the door closed. Then, when I step on a pressure plate on either side of the door, it opens for 3 seconds. Giving me enough time to run through before it closes again.

I've looked everywhere on how to do this but I can't find anything. Help would be much appreciated.

epoch86

Jul 29, 2019
I know about the inverter. But every time I try something it doesnt work. Here is what I have it programmed to and I'm not sure its right, still learning:

Inverter -
I0=I/O D [Magenta]
O0=I/O U [White]

Pulse Lengthener -
I=I/O D [Magenta]
L=CNST 60 (3 seconds)
O=I/O U [White]

I have the inverter first to invert the signal and keep the door closed. Then the PL to open it for 60 ticks (3 seconds). The only problem is when I put the PL on it it reverts the signal back to normal. Even when I try to put the inverter last, it takes away the 3 second delay on closing the door.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Your inputs and outputs are mixed up I think. The two circuits aren't communicating because they are not outputting to each other

Connect the trigger to white

Make pulse lengthener whose input is white cable and output to var#1. -- pulse lengtheners only output in response to a rising edge so the signal should go through this before
the inverter
Set the input for the inverter to var #1 and the output to magenta. Hook your pistons up to magenta

The pulse output will only be on for three seconds after it has triggered. All other times it is off. The output for the inverter should always be on until you trigger the button or pressure plate or whatever it is you are triggering it with. If it doesn't work, let me know and I might mess around with it later when I get on. I am hoping to do this very soon anyway when I build a bigger house.

Reactions: Miguel

Miguel

Jul 29, 2019
Your inputs and outputs are mixed up I think. The two circuits aren't communicating because they are not outputting to each other

Connect the trigger to white

Make pulse lengthener whose input is white cable and output to var#1. -- pulse lengtheners only output in response to a rising edge so the signal should go through this before
the inverter
Set the input for the inverter to var #1 and the output to magenta. Hook your pistons up to magenta

The pulse output will only be on for three seconds after it has triggered. All other times it is off. The output for the inverter should always be on until you trigger the button or pressure plate or whatever it is you are triggering it with. If it doesn't work, let me know and I might mess around with it later when I get on. I am hoping to do this very soon anyway when I build a bigger house.

Wowies I was trying to figure this out for a while, thank you very much for the info =D!!!!!!