Help with Flower Farm

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
I am on a custom 1.5.2 mod pack that doesn't have computer craft or RP2. Does anyone else know of a way for an automatic flower farm? Yes... Roses...

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure that there is a vanilla solution to this. A dark room that causes flowers to pop off, or even just a patch of grass that you shuffle with pistons. You'll need to stand there to place the bonemeal because of the vanilla nature, but I'm sure that you could find a way to automate the thing.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Two/Three dispensers: One/Two for bone meal the other for water.
~5x5 pit or raised area
Put both(all 3) dispensers on one side or one on each side if you want bigger than 5x5
Opposite the water side needs to have a one block hole for an obsidian pipe or obsidian pipe like transport method.
Setup a redstone system to pulse the bone meal dispenser(s) then signal the water dispenser wait ~10 seconds and pulse it again. Repeat.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I think that darkroom mechanic was borked in a vanilla update so bonemeal wont work in darkness.
I'd love to see some well structured machines that open/shut skylights to run this.​
Edit- 1.5 brought in a lot of badly designed redstone "features" there's probably a vanilla block to do it.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I think that darkroom mechanic was borked in a vanilla update so bonemeal wont work in darkness.
I'd love to see some well structured machines that open/shut skylights to run this.​
There's no real need considering you can break them with water and need some way to transport them without harming the blocks.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I think a piston shuffler would work in this case then, as the items would fall through.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
There should be a way to setup a series of pistons and a repeater to push a block back and forth holding back water that would wash flowers being spawned by bees into a couple of hoppers feeding into an enderchest or w/e automated system you use. The timer would need to have a long delay to build up flowers but over time you would be collecting them.

Reactions: RedBoss

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
There should be a way to setup a series of pistons and a repeater to push a block back and forth holding back water that would wash flowers being spawned by bees into a couple of hoppers feeding into an enderchest or w/e automated system you use. The timer would need to have a long delay to build up flowers but over time you would be collecting them.
Dispensers can place and suck up water blocks.
But then its not a darkroom XD
But why would you want a dark room ._.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
How about a drawbridge with grass blocks? When it retracts the flowers might fall off. Just an idea.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
We don't have Steve's carts, though I love the mod and believe it is extremely underused, but I can see if I can push it..:p[DOUBLEPOST=1375384695][/DOUBLEPOST]
No tinkers either. Mostly techy mods

Well if you can get it ... try the lawn mower attachment, removes flowers and shears sheep. Place bees around in apiaries/alvearies run tracks and let the cart harvest the glorious flowers :p

Reactions: Vauthil

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
I heard there is a way IC2 crops that could work. Does anyone know anything about that?[DOUBLEPOST=1375385021][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well if you can get it ... try the lawn mower attachment, removes flowers and shears sheep. Place bees around in apiaries/alvearies run tracks and let the cart harvest the glorious flowers :p
That sounds amazing. Just another reason why the mod is so cool. VSWE is great

EpicCenter

Jul 29, 2019
I am on a custom 1.5.2 mod pack that doesn't have computer craft or RP2. Does anyone else know of a way for an automatic flower farm? Yes... Roses...

Dispensers are able to spread bone meal now since 1.5, place them under select points of your flower plantation and have the normal auto wheat harvest system with water and pistons hooked to a timer/vanilla style redstone clock and have hoppers collect the goodies. Have fun and be creative. Best partnered with a skeleton trap with an auto crafting table to feed the dispensers. Dispensers face up.

Reactions: whythisname

wrightrj

Jul 21, 2013
I would personaly just make a water flow system then have an apiary that makes the flowers.