Help with Cobalt

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TechnoArsonist

Jul 29, 2019
I need cobalt and ardite to make a mynilium pick axe head but they seem un-mineable, even with a diamond pick. If someone could help and tell me what I'm doing wrong, it would be much appreciated.

Cubstep12

Jul 29, 2019
You are going to need to make alumite, another alloy made in the smeltery. I Believe it is the only pick that can mine cobalt and ardite. Dont bother making this pick too great as it is not needed for very long. Good luck :D

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Cobalt and ardite are mining level four, diamond is only mining level three, you'll need to either make yourself some alumite in your smeltery and make a pick from that or smelt some steel and make a pick with that as those are the only overworld materials with mining level four.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
you gonna need a tinkers construct smeltery son... Thank goodness DW20 updated his Tinkers construct mod over view...

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Something else to note would be that steel can also mine cobalt, if you happen to have picked some up/made some in your travels.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Something else to note would be that steel can also mine cobalt, if you happen to have picked some up/made some in your travels.
oh yeah... thats right... I've heard about that from a few people... everytime I hear that its in a context like steel is hard to come by... I would say its as simple as railcraft, but I feel like I'm missing something.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
You know, with an obsidian pick with a diamond/emerald (I forgot which one adds the +1 extra mining level) is able to mine those, and you can get the 1 obsidian needed with a slime pick.
THE MORE YOU KNOW!

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
You know, with an obsidian pick with a diamond/emerald (I forgot which one adds the +1 extra mining level) is able to mine those, and you can get the 1 obsidian needed with a slime pick.
THE MORE YOU KNOW!

Both emeralds and diamonds can increase the mining level of a tool, but only to a certain point, adding an emerald to a tool will increase its durability by 50% and increase its mining level to 2, a diamond increases its durability by 500 and increases its mining level to 3, if the tool is already at or above level 2 or 3 they'll just increase the durability, so an obsidian pick with a diamond will still be a level 3 tool.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Steel is not hard to get in unleashed and dw20 pack at all. (dunno about unhinged)

1 iron + 4 coal = 1 steel dust = smelts to 2 steel ingots

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
what is created using mffs? o.o nvm

But you don't need any ue for this, and it's in the 1.5 packs
No, the UE thing is due to the fact that Calclavia made MFFS's machines run on a code based on Mekanism's Universal Cable which is able to run EU, UE Joules AND MJ. You essentially have machines that were designed to work with all the 3 main energy systems.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need ANY pick, just imbue Force armor with Damage and you can dig it with your bare hands (you need at least 3 damage).