Help with a XP farm Please

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I have it working to the point. Where the skeletons goes down tube. to the tube where they suppose to swim up.
To the drop off point. Thing is when they get to the end of the collection tube. Instead of swimming up they just collect there. Here is some screen shots of my setup.

http://imgur.com/ZgOGYEI

http://imgur.com/BSVYddU

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Just put a melee turtle (or turtles) at the choke point and kill them there. Fill the turtles inventory with junk and make room behind it for the items to be spit out and into whatever you're planning to do with them. The XP orbs will drop down the chute.

Reactions: Guswut

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
ok i have used mining turtles. Is there a program I have to run to have him kill, or just sit him there.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Well you could sit them there but they won't do anything.

A very simple loop will work, but be cautious using it as this does not yield, ever.

Code:
while true do turtle.attack() end

Name it startup for it to run when the computer is loaded (unloading chunks, the world, etc will cause the turtle to stop).

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Putting a way to empty it might be good, or you might lag quite a bit due to hundreds of bones, arrows, bows and armors on the ground.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Putting a way to empty it might be good, or you might lag quite a bit due to hundreds of bones, arrows, bows and armors on the ground.

If it is filled up with things, it will shoot the loot out and thus you won't need to empty it ever. The fastest murder turtle possible never dumps the stuff it collects.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
thx i got it working great. can all ways use transposer to collect the loot and put in a chest.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
thx i got it working great. can all ways use transposer to collect the loot and put in a chest.

The turtle pops the stuff out back, I believe, and I think if you put a chest right next to the turtle's backend it puts it in a chest. I'll confirm right now.

I can confirm that this works perfectly.

or you can put it over a chest/relay and do

Code:
 while true do
  turtle.attack()
  turtle.dropDown()
end

The problem with this is two fold:

1. First, this means that EVERY time the turtle attacks, it'll try to drop whatever is in the first slot. This means a massive delay when you could be attacking much much faster.
  2. You are only dropping the FIRST slot. If anything else gets caught in there (for example, bones, arrows, armor, bows, etc) that goes past the first slot, it'll be stuck for good.

Reactions: trunksbomb

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
then pump it out of chest to some ender barrels. endless supply of bonemeal for my steve tree farm.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i just got a treasure 3 enchanted book. I can't seem to add it to anything. what can it be added to. I tried googling it and couldn't find anything.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
thx what would be best enchants for swords,armor,boots,helm,pants. in your opinion.

smite over sharpness? Vorpal which is best.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
They indeed do spit things out the back when full, but making the turtles drop down at least once i a while (when full, for example) is a good way to prevent item to drop and being rendered by the game engine, even if it's just going into a block that will collect it less than a second later.

You loose a little kills for allowing the turtle to drop, but you also work in minimizing the amount of lag that your trap is generating, which is always a good thing, even on SSP.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
They indeed do spit things out the back when full, but making the turtles drop down at least once i a while (when full, for example) is a good way to prevent item to drop and being rendered by the game engine, even if it's just going into a block that will collect it less than a second later.

You loose a little kills for allowing the turtle to drop, but you also work in minimizing the amount of lag that your trap is generating, which is always a good thing, even on SSP.

Put a chest on the back of the turtle, fill up its inventory, and it'll drop items directly into the chest. You don't end up losing time when your turtle would be full, and you get no item lag.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Put a chest on the back of the turtle, fill up its inventory, and it'll drop items directly into the chest. You don't end up losing time when your turtle would be full, and you get no item lag.
I didn't know that.
That's a great news, I will test that next time I setup this kind of non moving turtle.