Help, I am getting explosion sounds from the far side of my base

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Daniel Wooten

Jul 29, 2019
I have not made any recent additions to this section of my base, and the only thing there is a lava tank, geothermal generators, a scrap generator using igneous extruders, and a mass fabricator; and all of these things have been there for well over a week, but last night I started hearing the sounds of explosions in my base. After walking around I found that they seemed loudest between my scrap generator and mass fab, but turning off both of these does not stop the sounds.

Does anyone know what machines would cause this problem, and is it something I can fix?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
DO you have pipes that might be exploding?
Or maybe the expolsion compressor?

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it's a glitched mob stuck in a wall or something. I heard something like that in a video I watched. I doubt that's loud enough to make that sound or what's happening but maybe it's a lot of mobs stuck?

Edit: Maybe your stereo/headphones

Daniel Wooten

Jul 29, 2019
I've double checked everything in the vicinity, and nothing looks out of place from normal; and I don't have an explosion conpressor[DOUBLEPOST=1363655039][/DOUBLEPOST]And guess I forgot to say above, I am in the Direwolf20 modpack

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I've double checked everything in the vicinity, and nothing looks out of place from normal; and I don't have an explosion conpressor[DOUBLEPOST=1363655039][/DOUBLEPOST]And guess I forgot to say above, I am in the Direwolf20 modpack
Like I said it could be your sound system..
And what I meant by the mobs is this guy had a mob who could I guess sense he was there and was trying to get him...
MAYBE you have a spawner RIGHT next to your stuff and it spawns a bunch of mobs since you are next to it and they are all trying to get through the wall to you. But if you say you checked I guess the only thing it could be is your sound system.

Daniel Wooten

Jul 29, 2019
looking for an xray texture pack or something to look now, and after that I'll try reinstalling the modpack and reinstall my sound driver

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
looking for an xray texture pack or something to look now, and after that I'll try reinstalling the modpack and reinstall my sound driver
No no no. First post a picture of where you are hearing the sounds from. Maybe we can see what it is. If not THEN do all that work...

vScourge

Jul 29, 2019
Look for an engine that's running without somewhere to pipe its energy. They will make explosion sounds for a while before actually blowing up. Learned this the hard way.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
This is quite confounding I don't see anything but wait like a day and see if other people see something I don't...
Nice base btw

Delcar

Jul 29, 2019
I see nothing that can explain it either - is it weather effects? Are you getting bad thunder from high flux perhaps?

Daniel Wooten

Jul 29, 2019
I had high flux, but I've managed to drop it back down to moderate just recently; still getting the hang of thaumcraft, so I don't know if that is it or not. Is there a way to check?

Sixftwookie

Jul 29, 2019
Check your iron pipes. I had a similar experience with the explosion sounds, couldn't find the source so I was playing with sound off. Noticed that some iron pipes near the sound weren't letting the items leave, and when I fixed the directions of the pipes, my lag stopped, sorting system went back to working, and when I turned my volume back up, no explosions.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I would go so far as to say break all the pipes in the area where the sound is loud and replace them. If a pipe ever gets too many items in it for some reason, it starts chain exploding. If you have any kind of loop to prevent items falling to the floor, completely replace it as well.

Just off a first guess, I would say something in the system is slowly falling behind. This means it could take awhile before it reaches the point of exploding. I had this happen at a quarry one time. I had a failsafe loop built into it, but didn't realize it was not ever catching up on those items, but was actually continuously falling behind. About 3 days later it started exploding and when I broke it 200 stacks of cobble came flying out.

It's possible for that to even happen in a single pipe that isn't looping under the right conditions. This is one of the many reasons I and so many others try to use pneumatic tubes anywhere possible instead of pipes.

Daniel Wooten

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so now my world will not even load anymore; it is giving me a series of java errors about a chunk provider server, and a cow being in the wrong location; maybe I'll just scrap this world and begin anew, as there were a few things I wanted to do differently next time

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so now my world will not even load anymore; it is giving me a series of java errors about a chunk provider server, and a cow being in the wrong location; maybe I'll just scrap this world and begin anew, as there were a few things I wanted to do differently next time
Tsk. Tsk. Naughty cow xD. Can you give us a log of the crash? That might help.