help, clay sculpture

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
It's from Factorization (if you want to try and read up on it) and it's really weird. They're for decoration. There's a sculpting tool and then you'll need clay and some water buckets... which is about the extent of what I know as somebody else on my server was futzing with them.

sigsus

Jul 29, 2019
It's from Factorization (if you want to try and read up on it) and it's really weird. They're for decoration. There's a sculpting tool and then you'll need clay and some water buckets... which is about the extent of what I know as somebody else on my server was futzing with them.
what can i make with it, its just eats my clay! ;_; and when i give it to much it says "Too complex"

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I asked about them in the factorization thread, they were for the no longer planned ceramics or at least that was what I was told, guess he left them in as a toy\placeholder if he decides to revisit the ceramics idea.

thr33p10

Jul 29, 2019
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1351802-151-factorization-0725/

Check the last "spoiler" just before the Installation section...

I figured out that if you make the first sculpting tool (stick with clay on it), you can put it back in the crafting grid and it changes the tool to another type of tool. This can be repeated again for another, etc.. 4 tools total: select, move, remove, rotate. Quite a good system for making fairly complex looking sculptures! Note: use wool to "dry" the sculpture so it no longer changes...

Kocyk

Jul 29, 2019
Just wait for new version in 1.5.1 when packs update, sculpturing was dramatically improved:
Ceramics: Gotten far too much love
Previously made ceramics are now broke, as was foretold some months ago
Firing:
(Not new: DRY a sculpture using wool, or by leaving it alone for a while. Make it WET with a bucket of water)
A DRY sculpture can be BISQUED using a furnace heater.
A BISQUED sculpture can be GLAZED.
A GLAZED sculpture can be HIGHFIRED using a furnace heater. This takes much longer, you'll want to speed it up by wrapping it in multiple furnace heaters. Pieces that extend outside the 1m^3 have more surface area available for heaters.
Sculpting Tool Changes:
New mold tool; right click a fired piece w/ necessary materials in your inventory to get a wet copy of it
Rotation is much nicer
Selection tool is gone; it uses subblock selection
Removal tool is gone; use your fist. If the sculpture is wet, it'll break only the lump you're hitting. (Sneak-break to break the entire sculpture.)
Rotation tool split into global rotation & local rotation
Reset tool will remove rotation (like before), or with shift-click reset position & size
The tools can now be stacked up to 4. Using a stacked tool may boost the effect.
Clicking on a clay lump with a ball of clay will create a new clay lump with the same size & rotation, placed on the side that you clicked on. (Unless it'd go out of bounds)
Wet sculptures can be crafted together to merge them into a single sculpture. (But there is a 32 claylump limit)
Sculptures now have (mostly) proper collision boxes
Glazing:
Glaze buckets have 32 uses; right click on a BISQUED lump to apply it.
Each glaze is made using one of the glaze bases.
The first glaze base is the common base; there is a hierarchy of more advanced bases
There is a special glaze base, the mimicry base. If you craft it with a block, the glaze will use the block's texture.

Reactions: Kalle

Alex33212

Jul 29, 2019
Ceramics: Gotten far too much love
Previously made ceramics are now broke, as was foretold some months ago
Firing:
(Not new: DRY a sculpture using wool, or by leaving it alone for a while. Make it WET with a bucket of water)
A DRY sculpture can be BISQUED using a furnace heater.
A BISQUED sculpture can be GLAZED.
A GLAZED sculpture can be HIGHFIRED using a furnace heater. This takes much longer, you'll want to speed it up by wrapping it in multiple furnace heaters. Pieces that extend outside the 1m^3 have more surface area available for heaters.
Sculpting Tool Changes:
New mold tool; right click a fired piece w/ necessary materials in your inventory to get a wet copy of it
Rotation is much nicer
Selection tool is gone; it uses subblock selection
Removal tool is gone; use your fist. If the sculpture is wet, it'll break only the lump you're hitting. (Sneak-break to break the entire sculpture.)
Rotation tool split into global rotation & local rotation
Reset tool will remove rotation (like before), or with shift-click reset position & size
The tools can now be stacked up to 4. Using a stacked tool may boost the effect.
Clicking on a clay lump with a ball of clay will create a new clay lump with the same size & rotation, placed on the side that you clicked on. (Unless it'd go out of bounds)
Wet sculptures can be crafted together to merge them into a single sculpture. (But there is a 32 claylump limit)
Sculptures now have (mostly) proper collision boxes
Glazing:
Glaze buckets have 32 uses; right click on a BISQUED lump to apply it.
Each glaze is made using one of the glaze bases.
The first glaze base is the common base; there is a hierarchy of more advanced bases
There is a special glaze base, the mimicry base. If you craft it with a block, the glaze will use the block's texture.

Thanks, Kocyk! I was having a hard time finding out any of this info.