[Guide] Resolving Block Conflict IDs

RainbowCupcake

Jul 29, 2019
I'm probably going to make my friends memorize this guide because I'm always the one doing all the work when building modpacks. I also never knew about the NEI "id dump", making modpacks will definitely be easier. This guide was very well written. Thank you.

Trond Svendsberget

Jul 29, 2019
So... I have a question. I use direwolf20's pack for 1.6.4 and added a few mods. Gendustry with bdlib, blood magic, simplyjetpacks and bigreactors. I started the game between every mod and started a new world. No errors, so I assumed nothing was wrong. Probably not a smart thing to do. So I put the extra mods on the server. Gendustry worked fine, but when I put the rest in I now get an ID error. 18008 and 18007, which is simplyjetpacks, and nothing else. Weird right? Yah! I don't understand shit... How in the hell do I save my world so my friends don't kill me? O:)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, easiest is to just change the ID of the items in simply jetpacks to one that doesn't conflict and all will be right with the world again.

Firedancer0x

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, even tho i needed 1.6.4 guide, i managed to make it work :D. (I use Windows7) So it's basically the same, but the menu is different in the NEI options. You go to the NEI options (as in the guide), click on the Tools option, and there should be something called similar to Dumps. So then you dump while selected All for Items/Blocks and dump them. (I actually don't know if you need to do that :confused:). Well then i run [Insert the name of your modpack] with the mod i want added (one at the time), look for the ID mismatches (should make a file under the /minecraft folder called IDConflicts.(whatever) and i run it with Notebook to see for the mismatched IDs (it should also say the blank ID numbers (as suggested ranges)). Then i open up the /minecraft/config/[name of the mod], and open up [modpack name].cfg and there you can change the IDs with the blank ones. Then just run the modpack again and you should be all set b:Dd. I added magical crops, factorization and ender IO (maybe something more in the future) to the Agrarian Skies like that C:. I hope this helps! Bye now :3.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@Hackatacka it would be better if you started a new thread for this discussion. This is an old thread and you are bringing up a different topic. Especially now that item ID conflicts are thing of the past with all of the new packs. Granted dimension and biome ID conflicts still exist. But those are differnt issues and should be in a new thread.