[Guide] Resolving Block Conflict IDs

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Item ID Conflicts are harder to work with, as few mods pay attention to their own stuff and assume forge will pay attention for things for them it seems. This is a big issue as itemID conflicts tend to not crash anything right away, and thus when you go to do something, you may end up with a face full of cylinders full of antimatter, 1 gram per item, for example, while mining something that doesn't drop as a block.

Then there are potion ID conflicts, which I haven't seen in ages IIRC, but more recently I have seen EnchantmentID Conflicts which, unlike potion effect IDs, crash the game proper when a conflict exists. Thing is, you are told that there IS a conflict, and it names a mod in the log if you look close enough that isn't getting the ID it wants, but you still have to fix things yourself.

Thankfully, all of these things can be obtained from the NEI ID Dumps you mentioned in your guide. Whether or not the items are pre-shifted or not is beyond me, though. I try to avoid mods that have lots of small items with thousands of keystokes I have to subject my hands to simply to change an item ID conflict. Mods like Custom NPCs with their starting ranges on IDs do my hands and wrists a massive favor by doing that.

Reactions: unknown zombie

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could use this mod http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-idfix-minus-mods-for-resolving-id-conflicts/ it simply resolves any id's using the 'broken' forge auto id resolver (Caution: MAY CHANGE ALL ID'S BE CAREFUL WHEN USING THIS, MAY MESS UP YOUR OLD WORLDS, ONLY USE IT FOR NEW ONES). But besides that, works great, 250 modules and counting for me!
Call me old fashioned, but I don't trust mods and apps to do this properly. Doing it by hand just feels better for me.

On another note, I can't imagine having that many mods mashed together. I've never understood omnibus modpacks; focused/themed modpacks that are configured to work as a whole always were more fun for me.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Call me old fashioned, but I don't trust mods and apps to do this properly. Doing it by hand just feels better for me.

On another note, I can't imagine having that many mods mashed together. I've never understood omnibus modpacks; focused/themed modpacks that are configured to work as a whole always were more fun for me.
Ditto on being old fashioned and wanting to do such a thing by hand, but I do trust this kind of mod to do it's job. The IDFix mod works the same way the old IDResover mod works, by ignoring what a mod wants it's IDs to be and giving them a location that isn't taken. The IDMinus works in a similar way to Forge's current ID Resolving, except it can do the needed changes itself, and works on any mod that is able to be helped with Forge's ID resolving system. So pretty much every forge compatible mod.

Reactions: trajing

fearisamotivator

Jul 29, 2019
I joined this forum just to say thanks to you, i was trying to add galaticraft and kept crashing until i saw your friendly guide.

mrnorrisman

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure if my issue has to do with an NEI update or what but on the dumps and stuff it just reads off:

ID,Block/Item,Mod,Unlocalised name,Class
0,null,null,null,null
175,null,null,null,null
176,null,null,null,null
177,null,null,null,null
178,null,null,null,null
179,null,null,null,null
180,null,null,null,null
181,null,null,null,null
182,null,null,null,null

etc,etc.
And it does this all the way to about 25,000 so i cant figure out what is what, what mod it is, if its used or anything, Help MEH!

P.S. Im trying to install gregtech :O

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure if my issue has to do with an NEI update or what but on the dumps and stuff it just reads off:

ID,Block/Item,Mod,Unlocalised name,Class
0,null,null,null,null
175,null,null,null,null
176,null,null,null,null
177,null,null,null,null
178,null,null,null,null
179,null,null,null,null
180,null,null,null,null
181,null,null,null,null
182,null,null,null,null

etc,etc.
And it does this all the way to about 25,000 so i cant figure out what is what, what mod it is, if its used or anything, Help MEH!

P.S. Im trying to install gregtech :O

You set it to dump unusued IDs.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You set it to dump unusued IDs.
Or to all.

As a gripe with the guide, adding one mod at a time is actually no more efficient then just adding 100 mods all at once. The fact that Forge now prints out that IDConflicts.txt file is a godsend, as it even suggests what ranges to assign the conflicting IDs in.
So while I love this guide(but have no use for it, since I have ascended beyond it's use), telling people to add only one mod at a time doesn't work that well if you want to add more then a handful of mods.
Or if they're making a pack from scratch.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Yozora

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble trying to resolve the ID of the Dimensional Doors Golden door (ID #3210) in the Dimesnional Doors config files so that I can have it in the same pack as one with TConstruct, mainly, because it's just not there, nowhere in the config files is Golden Door #3210, any help for a struggling induvidual?

As a side note, just so I don't leave any information out, this is conflicting with Molten Manyully, which, is also set at the ID #3210.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble trying to resolve the ID of the Dimensional Doors Golden door (ID #3210) in the Dimesnional Doors config files so that I can have it in the same pack as one with TConstruct, mainly, because it's just not there, nowhere in the config files is Golden Door #3210, any help for a struggling induvidual?

As a side note, just so I don't leave any information out, this is conflicting with Molten Manyully, which, is also set at the ID #3210.
I think most mods adjusted to allow for ease of use about this, but it seems this mod doesn't

There's a quirk that used to be about where the ID's in the configs were 256 less than the actual ID used by the game, is there an ID at all for the golden door?

Yozora

Jul 29, 2019
I think most mods adjusted to allow for ease of use about this, but it seems this mod doesn't

There's a quirk that used to be about where the ID's in the configs were 256 less than the actual ID used by the game, is there an ID at all for the golden door?
There are IDs for the induvidual parts of the door, the top and bottom blocks, which I have adjusted accordingly, but the ID for the entire "golden door" itself is nowhere to be found in the config files, at least I am having no luck.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I try to get Reika mod´s updated into Monster 1.1.1 and get the following conflict:
Code:
 Initializing game

Reika.DragonAPI.Exception.IDConflictException: The mods were not installed correctly:
The following ID conflicts were detected:
ID 15258: item.machine.wire is being overwritten by item.gendustry.liquiddna.bucketID 15259: item.machine.battery is being overwritten by item.gendustry.liquiddna.canCheck your IDs and change them if possible.
This is NOT a mod bug. Do not post it to the mod website.

but I can´t figuer out what this mean. In none of the Reika configs I find the ID:15258 and in the gendustry config nether...

what do I haveto do?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Hi,

I try to get Reika mod´s updated into Monster 1.1.1 and get the following conflict:
Code:
 Initializing game

Reika.DragonAPI.Exception.IDConflictException: The mods were not installed correctly:
The following ID conflicts were detected:
ID 15258: item.machine.wire is being overwritten by item.gendustry.liquiddna.bucketID 15259: item.machine.battery is being overwritten by item.gendustry.liquiddna.canCheck your IDs and change them if possible.
This is NOT a mod bug. Do not post it to the mod website.

but I can´t figuer out what this mean. In none of the Reika configs I find the ID:15258 and in the gendustry config nether...

what do I haveto do?

ElectriCraft has its IDs shifted down 256 in the config. So take that conflicting ID - 256 to find the problem in the ElectriCraft config.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
y xD I mean the same thing just told you wrong :p

now I fixed them but when I ender my world it tells me:
upload_2014-5-22_23-1-8.png

Logical that 15158 and 15159 are missing but since they got an other ID it won´t make any problem wont it?
and the mismatched ones what do he do? change the old 2034 block with the new one?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
@Dentvar that's normal. Some IDs got switched, and that's what you're seeing. Backup your world before continuing, just in case.

Reactions: Dentvar

marriedbean

Jul 29, 2019
This was an awesome tutorial!!!
except when you change the id's you need to make sure what you are changing it to is not an id in that newly added mod because that new mods ids wont be in the mapid dump.
But still thanks