Guide: Most efficient Mob essence farm with snow golems (EASY TO BUILD)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...can you use BUDs instead of turtle? Like first BUD will detect the bottom snow block being placed, sends a signal to the middle activator to place the second snow block where another BUD picks up the placing of the block and sends a signal to the third on which places the pumpkin. Would that work?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...can you use BUDs instead of turtle? Like first BUD will detect the bottom snow block being placed, sends a signal to the middle activator to place the second snow block where another BUD picks up the placing of the block and sends a signal to the third on which places the pumpkin. Would that work?

Should do, probably would want to use MFR rednet to allow for the overlapping signals in a compact area

and perhaps use an MFR entity counter to regulate the whole chibang so that it doesn't try to place snow on the live golem

Reactions: PierceSG

pavelkomin

Jul 29, 2019

You can use whatever you want, if it can place first two snow blocks and then pumpkin on top of them and you have enough space for grinder it should work.

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the answers! Time to test it once I updated my pack. So many new toys.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Where do you have gray background?
The entire forum has a dark grey background, and all the posts are in white text apart from your guide. The problem goes away if I switch from "Dark Style" to "Default Style" in the config, but I prefer dark. I'm guessing you pasted that text in from a document, and the black text format came with it, overriding the config-dependent default. Anyway, this is all very off topic, and I got around it by selecting the text which overrides the foreground and background.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
If you build the snow golem 3 blocks above the ground and put a conveyer belt below him, the golem will fall out of the way of the next one.

IMarv
If your having it be built 3 blocks over already why wouldn't you just have it go directly into a grinder pit?

xWHITExXxNinJa

Jul 29, 2019
You should use the te ice machine (can't remember what it is called)Just there will be a decrease in lag
Also you can get blocks directly
But otherwise really great build idea
Swiped

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
3 blocks is the limit of no fall damage. It's 4 blocks and above that they take fall damage
Technically, I have my conveyer belts do a big path through the 5x5 killing zone. I can usually generate 6 snowmen before the grinder starts killing them faster than they can be made. I have them drop right onto the conveyer (no airgap between bottom snow and conveyer belt.)

IMarv

pavelkomin

Jul 29, 2019
You should use the te ice machine (can't remember what it is called)Just there will be a decrease in lag
Also you can get blocks directly
But otherwise really great build idea
Swiped
Yes, but it uses power.

Technically, I have my conveyer belts do a big path through the 5x5 killing zone. I can usually generate 6 snowmen before the grinder starts killing them faster than they can be made. I have them drop right onto the conveyer (no airgap between bottom snow and conveyer belt.)

IMarv

Nice idea :)

pavelkomin

Jul 29, 2019
The entire forum has a dark grey background, and all the posts are in white text apart from your guide. The problem goes away if I switch from "Dark Style" to "Default Style" in the config, but I prefer dark. I'm guessing you pasted that text in from a document, and the black text format came with it, overriding the config-dependent default. Anyway, this is all very off topic, and I got around it by selecting the text which overrides the foreground and background.
It should be fixed now

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Birello

Jul 29, 2019
Someone know how to do this without turtle? Should be easy, right?
Cant handle vanilla redstone alone

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Someone know how to do this without turtle? Should be easy, right?
Cant handle vanilla redstone alone

Should do, probably would want to use MFR rednet to allow for the overlapping signals in a compact area

and perhaps use an MFR entity counter to regulate the whole chibang so that it doesn't try to place snow on the live golem
If you build the snow golem 3 blocks above the ground and put a conveyer belt below him, the golem will fall out of the way of the next one.

IMarv

I think that sums up the whole last page

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my non-turtle version:
2014_02_22_13_52_27.png
it's based on MFR's mob counter. when there is a mob entity in it's range it sends a redstone signal(although it did react to me so you might want to isolate this setup), which triggers lower block placer(openblocks), gets delayed triggers middle, and top after that. i used bundled cable from project red to minimize space required.
you also might have noticed Inverted Cell from project red, which invert signals from mob counter in order to trigger creation if there is no golem in the cage.

i tried using TE's activator instead of block placers from openblocks, but for some reason sometimes i got a snow where pumpkin should be even though top activator had only pumpkins, so i'm not sure what's up with that.

you can also use MFR's block placers, but because they work when there is no signal applied, you need to inver signal after delay.