Guide: Most efficient Mob essence farm with snow golems (EASY TO BUILD)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
[/spoiler]
[snip]
i tried using TE's activator instead of block placers from openblocks, but for some reason sometimes i got a snow where pumpkin should be even though top activator had only pumpkins, so i'm not sure what's up with that.
[snip]

I think that's when the activator is trying to place snow on the golem, so middle or lower one, and since there's a golem there, it places it in the next available place, the top.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's when the activator is trying to place snow on the golem, so middle or lower one, and since there's a golem there, it places it in the next available place, the top.
this thought did cross my mind when i've been building that setup.
but now that i think about it, the problem of the setup with activators is that after the signal from counter appears the "leftover" signal in repeater causes activator to work longer than needed. the pulse former after inverted cell should solve this behavior.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
I use block placer from MFR instead of the AAs. I never had the problem of blocks placed too high or too low. They seem to be synchonized, too, so as long as there is snow in the lower both placers, the pumpkin is always placed last (maybe the blocks tick on rising Y-coordinates or the pumpkin is not placed until there is a block below).
Another nice 'feature' of the MFR block placers is, that the pumpkin isn't used up (at least not in DW20 1.1.16). I suspect that the golem builds too fast and the placer somehow thinks that the placing of the pumpkin wasn't successful. So you get unlimited golems from one pumpkin. !yay!

(Yes, I know, they use energy, but the grinder does, too, so essence farms without energy are impossible anyways)