Guide: Most efficient Mob essence farm with snow golems (EASY TO BUILD)

pavelkomin

Jul 29, 2019
Pros:
Don't need any players nearby
Fully automated
Highly efficient
Very easy to build

Cons:
Can't be build in desert

This farm automatically builds and kills snow golems. Unlike hostile mobs farms (like zombie farm or enderman farm) you don't need to be in about 128 blocks radius and it's much more efficient then animal farms.

HOW TO BUILD:

1. Pumpkin farm:
sFnLWXo.png

Materials:
6x Terrain smasher (Thermal expansion 3)
5x Itemducts (Thermal expansion 3)
1x Chest (Vanilla Minecraft)
14x Pumpkin seeds (Vanilla Minecraft)
8x Water (Vanilla Minecraft)
Optional (very improves efficiency):
4x Autonomous activators (Thermal expansion 3)
4x Watering cans (Extra utilities)

Build by the picture, blocks in the middle are terrain smashers, face them towards the dirt. DON'T WORK IN NEWER VERSIONS - Autonomous activators are optional, but I highly recommend them, because they very improve efficiency. Put the watering cans (you must fill them with water by right clicking) in the autonomous activators.

2. Snow farm:
5KOtMLR.png

Materials:
1x Terrain smasher (Thermal expansion 3)
1x Pumpkin (Vanilla Minecraft)
2x Snow block (Vanilla Minecraft)
1x Packager (Factorization)
And some blocks to trap the snow golem

Very easy, just build a tiny cage like this, then place the terrain smasher facing inside it, then build a snow golem (pumpkin on top of two snow blocks). Then send the snowballs to the side of packager and pull snow blocks from the bottom. You can have more of these, but it's not necessary.

3. Snow golem killer and builder:
VrraYSV.png

Materials:
1x Grinder (MineFactory Reloaded)
2x Autonomous activators (Thermal expansion 3)
1x Turtle (ComputerCraft)
Some itemducts and fluiducts (Thermal expansion 3)

Make a cage for the snow golem, then put there the autonomous activators and turtle between them and grinder opposite them. Then run the itemducts to them so the pumpkins go to the topper autonomous activator and the snow goes to the turtle and autonomous activator under it. You can change the sides where they accept items in the GUI of the block(gear button, blue means input). Then open the topper autonomous activator, click the redstone button and then the turned on redstone torch, so it say "Signal required: High". Then open the turtle (make sure it's facing the right way) and paste and run following command:

pastebin get G6G2MpJ2 startup

Then enter: startup and if it says "You've done it right", then you've done it right(probably).
Then just run Thermal expansion 3 or Buildcraft power and fluiducts to the side or top or bottom of the grinder(not behind it). You can put trash can behind the grinder, so it don't spit useless items. You can store it in any kind of tanks.

Thanks for reading and please leave some feedback.

Last edited:

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

SPOILER ALERT! Those are gonna break as soon as FTB stops using old versions of Extra Utilities. Like, seriously, the Watering Cans are gonna break in there.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Use a 16x16 grid of IC2 chops with pumpkins and an MFR upgraded harvester. You'll have too many pumpkins.

IMarv

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Good design. I like the idea of using snowmen, since you can build them. Autonomous activators would work for the block placement as well. As others have said, the pumpkin farm might need changing in later versions but other than that this is a good design! :)

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
Lovely setup, although some might consider the placement of the snow farm and grinder somewhat cruel...

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that the watering can breaks when used with the activators. (but then again, we have lamps of growth and sprinklers lol)

pavelkomin

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, yes, it will change in the next version of extra utilities, but efficient pumpkin farm isn't a challenge (you'll need 1 pumpkin per 10 seconds). You can use sprinklers or lamp of growth or build a huge standard farm.

Reactions: RedBoss

pavelkomin

Jul 29, 2019
I came up with even more efficient way to do it and it doesn't use watering can :D
EDIT: Ok, I found a problem and I think it can't be solved. My plan was to spawn big named (so he don't despawn if I'm not near) slime, then kill him and make smaller slimes and again to tiny slimes and then grind them. But those tiny slimes will despawn, because they'll lose their name.

Last edited:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question, what's so special about using a turtle in the middle of your building the snow golem.

From the looks of things, you could just do it all with autonomous activators

Reactions: Not_Steve

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
pft to me I'd just use the most effective use of extra utilities cursed earth with MFR I think its more stupidly simple that way...

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Question, what's so special about using a turtle in the middle of your building the snow golem.

I think the turtle sends a redstone signal down, places a snow in front, then sends another redstone signal up to make sure the blocks get placed in the right order. The pumpkin has to be last or it doesn't work. In my copy, I used 4 turtles, one to dig the misplaced pumpkins to keep the system going since I didn't really coordinate my turtles.

IMarv

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I think the turtle sends a redstone signal down, places a snow in front, then sends another redstone signal up to make sure the blocks get placed in the right order. The pumpkin has to be last or it doesn't work. In my copy, I used 4 turtles, one to dig the misplaced pumpkins to keep the system going since I didn't really coordinate my turtles.

IMarv

Simple redstone controls would fix that 'problem'

pavelkomin

Jul 29, 2019

When there was an activator and snow golem it can't place the block in front of it, so it places above him where the pumpkin belongs and it also helps order the blocks.