GregTech's changes and Ore Gen

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Carrington

Jul 29, 2019
I understand when people like gregtech, but not when they can't play without it. Its a decent mod that adds a lot of high tier item to the game and adds a little more challenge. But its not like the game ends once you get a quantum suit. I think its good to get high tier stuff earlier on so then you can build really awesome stuff

Shocking Revelation: some people want things that you don't. This will be the case throughout your life. It would be a good idea to get used to that fact, and stop marveling over it.

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
So just started on a new server. Been playing since sunday evening (so 3 days). Day 1 set up house and got first diamonds. Day 2 made a friend who is now sharing the base, went on a nether fort run. Day 3 went on a twilight forest run - we smashed in a gigantic hollow hill.

Now have the entire TE line of machines except for tesseracts - coke oven and blast furnace running at full. Project tables, uncrafting tables and bluelectric smelting. Also netherwart, vegetable and flax farms. Just about to move everything important to a new basement (yay fillers) and start IC2. We have enough materials to go straight up the standard IC2 tech tree, make a nuke reactor and if it were allowed, a mass fabricator. Now because of gregtech, our goal is to use fusion power to create a fortress of everlasting forcefields. Standard IC2 nukes would not provide the energy, so this is something that we must use gregtech for.

Reactions: Confidential1207

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I understand when people like gregtech, but not when they can't play without it. Its a decent mod that adds a lot of high tier item to the game and adds a little more challenge. But its not like the game ends once you get a quantum suit. I think its good to get high tier stuff earlier on so then you can build really awesome stuff

I could play Minecraft without GregTech, but I wouldn't play with IC2 without GregTech.

Base IC2 is "The Jetpack Mod", and little of interest otherwise. The mass fab is closer to creative than EE2 and unplayable, and everything else is "Jetpack and things to charge the jetpack"