GregTech

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
The Indy Centrifuge uses i believe lv for most recipes, and some (don't quote me on this) can use mv, such as bauxite dust.

Bavalos

Jul 29, 2019
I like gregtech. It bridges the different mods in order to create a more uniform experience. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Suggestion for solar panels: make it so that after a certain time, the top layer of the craft needs to be replaced, if that makes sense.

Sorry for the barely detailed post. On mobile :/ just thought I would throw my opinion out there.

Reactions: Confidential1207

Phantom

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech is an awesome addon for my server, it slows the game down sure but wheres the fun in reaching endgame in a couple of hours? I couldn't be without the Ind Centrifuge now!

PieExplosion

Jul 29, 2019
The industrial centrifuge uses 5 EU/t and will blow up if you give it more than Low Voltage.
Blows up rather big for a single block LV machine x.x

Does the indy-elect obsolete the indy-cent when you tier up to it or are the indy-cent recipes exclusive to it?
It looks like the indy-grinder isn't required to progress?

So, things I need to add to my manual processing room for tech progression:
-Industrial Electrolyzer on MV. Easy.
-Implosion Compressor on LV with the machine casings underneath...
-Industrial Blast Furnace on MV with the machine block at the bottom...

Am I missing any required machines or DO I NEED MORE WEIRD SHAPES IN MY MACHINE-TETRIS?

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
XD Yeah, fitting them all is a bit like 3d Tetris, and there are a few recipes that are ONLY on the centrifuge, as electrolyzing rubberwood for example, would be rather silly, something that i greatly look forward to, is Minechem 2, and i suggest you all do the same, as it seems to be on the Ftb update page.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
the industrial centrifuge is losing some of it's recipes and is being given to the electrolyzer + more additional ones. The grinder isn't really required but the extra dusts it gives is incredibly useful for the mod, the Sheldonite to iridium + platinium dust esspecially. It does have the weird set up though. The blast furnace has a heat capacity that comes from the types of machine casings you use to create it, so you would want it of the best casing you can get. With lava in the center it increases the heat capacity by about 500 so you don't need full highly advanced machine casings to get the highest limit though. The blast furnace can also be made of mixed up casings and doesn't need to be solid of one type.

PieExplosion

Jul 29, 2019
o_O Good to know that lava can be placed in the middle of the indy-blaster.
Each indy-grinder machine block is its own grinder (so like 4 jobs going at once) or are they linked as a single machine?

Can you guys tell that I'm just fishing for answers and being too lazy to set up an instance for myself? :p FTB made me a bit lazy.

PieExplosion

Jul 29, 2019
Well, crap. I'm out of questions. At this point, I gotta load up an instance and figure out which piping works for best for automating the indy-blaster, electer, and grinder. Inventory sides, pipe behavior, space saving design, floor plan rearrangement, and all that jazz.

Thanks a bunch o/

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
This whole idea of 'balance' and 'op' is kind of ruining the potential of this pack. Slowpoke seems to be very focused on it when it comes to ore and energy. Watching the stream and the fact that they are even considering disabling the uncrafting table is a bit ridiculous...

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
People can do ridiculous things in the name of "balance," but balance is a real thing, and it can sometimes be a very real problem when it is lacking. Exploits that allow the cheap creation of otherwise rare or expensive materials will completely murder server economies, causing everyone to hit the ends of their tech trees with little or not effort, and the entire server is rendered to stagnant boredom. I've seen this happen. Forcicium to UU Matter would have allowed a long mining trip and a hop into Twilight Forest for a bit to produce an HV Solar Array and Mass/MatterFabricator, assuming they weren't unlucky with finding the Forcicium. Trying to avoid that is far from ridiculous.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
People can do ridiculous things in the name of "balance," but balance is a real thing, and it can sometimes be a very real problem when it is lacking. Exploits that allow the cheap creation of otherwise rare or expensive materials will completely murder server economies, causing everyone to hit the ends of their tech trees with little or not effort, and the entire server is rendered to stagnant boredom. I've seen this happen. Forcicium to UU Matter would have allowed a long mining trip and a hop into Twilight Forest for a bit to produce an HV Solar Array and Mass/MatterFabricator, assuming they weren't unlucky with finding the Forcicium. Trying to avoid that is far from ridiculous.
The idea that a server is stagnant or boring because you are at the end of a 'tech tree' is also rediculous. Like I said earlier the spirit of gaming is being eroded. The point of every game isn't to max your levels and gather your loot. Remember when games were just fun to play?

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
The idea that a server is stagnant or boring because you are at the end of a 'tech tree' is also rediculous. Like I said earlier the spirit of gaming is being eroded. The point of every game isn't to max your levels and gather your loot. Remember when games were just fun to play?
Different people have a different envision of what's fun. That you don't like GT is perfectly fine, but there are people like me and Silvas that love what GT has to offer.

Reactions: Confidential1207

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Different people have a different envision of what's fun. That you don't like GT is perfectly fine, but there are people like me and Silvas that love what GT has to offer.
I love what gregtech has to offer besides it's tweeks to other mods' 'balance'.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Please don't speak for me. If you check back over my prior posts, you'll see that I'm one of the very rare middle of the road people. Just because I make some defense of it doesn't mean I love it. It just means that don't think it's as bad as others say.

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
Please don't speak for me. If you check back over my prior posts, you'll see that I'm one of the very rare middle of the road people. Just because I make some defense of it doesn't mean I love it. It just means that don't think it's as bad as others say.
My bad. I hadn't been keeping up with the whole thread.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I have asked more than twice to keep conversations to a minimum and keep it a place where you state your opinion and that is it.
I have given this whole thread enough warnings and it has come to the point again.
Where I think it's better to stop the thread to let it run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.