GregTech question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you like the new gregtech? Trololo

• Yes

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
In gregtech Steve can't shape a diamond, he needs a compressor to make diamond blocks (that is what you are talking about isn't it?).

I see your point about Liquids and the liquid transposer. However there are quite a few recipes that use buckets and you get the product in the output slot and an empty bucket appears in your inventory when you click on the output. I'm pretty sure that reliquary's alkahest works in a similar way. So I am sure that King Lemming could have implemented the recipe you suggested for redstone conduits, but I suppose he had a different vision for his mod.

Im curious, did you play Gregtech before the plate bender addition? Did you enjoy it and do you wish that some of the changes that have been made have made the mod worse and you would prefer if it went back to the way it was so you could enjoy it. I only ask because it sounds like you don't really like the mod which is fine, but if thats the case why are you arguing so passionately for your point of view. Don't get me wrong I respect your opinion (and DoctorOr's and the other people on this thread) its just that I am having trouble seeing your motivation. Put simply, are you lamenting a change that has made a mod you enjoyed playing less fun for you, or are you just criticising the mod because you can? It doesn't really matter either way I would just like to know.

By the way I think in this case the Plate bending machine is analogous to the Liquid Transposer. The fact that the Liquid Transposer is more versatile doesn't change this, and as I pointed out in an earlier post the plates have more functions other than to just make more gregtech machines.

Steve doesnt need machines to shape diamonds(diamond tools)

i did play with GT before plate bender was added. and i actually enjoyed some of the parts that was added by mod, without utilizing/changed other mods. the plate bender is just another lock on top of others added by mod before, that has 0 explanations and logic behind it. that`s why it annoys me.

if delete annoying(word 'hard" doesnt even apply here) requirements from transposer and plate bender, the bender would become on pare with cobblestone, but transposer will have it`s niche. and that makes difference, at least, for me.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
no. Just no.
Terrorists are people whose goal is to cause terror in order to bully another country. For example, Al Quaeda are trying to scare the 'Murikans.
Freedom fighters are people who are fighting for freedom. Usually it implies some kind of revolution; think more along the lines of what happened to Gadaffi.
In fact, often terrorist tactics (chemical weapons, gas etc) are employed against freedom fighters by the government they're attempting to overthrow.

They're completely different and there are people that would have been extremely hurt that you would say that. Sure, terrorists might brand themselves as freedom fighters, and sure freedom fighters might be branded as terrorists, but if you believe all propaganda then I feel sorry for you.

I am Irish, so am speaking from an Irish historical stand point, from the point of origin all fighters are on the side of good, its the flip side that are the bad guys, but life is not all black & white, as the history of most any nation
shows.

& the point was, its all down to the persons view of in this case a mod, no matter how many times I/you/we pump its great or its trash every one has there own view & thats hard to shake, so why does the love/hate debate have to rage on & on & on...or if you like why do people feel the need to force there views onto others.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I love that all GT machines have in built UE compatability.
Yeah I use Universal so it doesn't matter, but its still a nice touch.

Don't even TRY and use the pneumatic upgrade though - it has a 1:1 conversion as opposed to the 1:2.5 ratio that would be the lossless.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
I am Irish, so am speaking from an Irish historical stand point, from the point of origin all fighters are on the side of good, its the flip side that are the bad guys, but life is not all black & white, as the history of most any nation
shows.

& the point was, its all down to the persons view of in this case a mod, no matter how many times I/you/we pump its great or its trash every one has there own view & thats hard to shake, so why does the love/hate debate have to rage on & on & on...or if you like why do people feel the need to force there views onto others.
I am also Irish, and I believe that the people blowing up innocent civilians are the bad guys.
But, you know, if you hate innocent civilians and love explosions, feel free to join the IRA.

Also, I find this quite funny;
(...) all fighters are on the side of good (...)
why do people feel the need to force there views onto others.

So yeah, forcing your views on others is bad if you do it on the internet, but fine if you use bombs?
Using fear to force and bully people has a name. Terrorism.

Reactions: Chocorate

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
sry tbl but am I some how pressing your buttons or are you just turning things around to suit your argument ?, I feel arguing with you on this or any topic would be fruitless & aggravating, take it anyway you like but I do not wish to argue with you as I feel it could easy get out of hand, I will not comment on your reply, you take my words & twist them I shall not do like wise.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think bringing up the RA is the thing to do in a GregTech any thread.

On the other hand.
It's almost refreshing to hate on something other than GT here.
Seriously though, it was JUST A METAPHOR could people please stop taking it literally.

Have I mentioned multi-block gas turbines and his own steam turbines yet? Gregs of course, not Michael Connellys, or Peirce Larkins.

Reactions: casilleroatr

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
thr TE situation is understandable because it make sense to add machines that can manipulate liquid(transposer) since Steve cannot do that.
yes, it can be simplified to 1 bucket of molten redstone and 8 empty conduits to result in 8 conduits and a bucket. but such would be an issue to implement, because minecraft workbench is suited for secondary output. which leads us to to addition of "TE workbench". but such can have issues with empty bucket extraction. it looks like that`s why in the end we have a liquid transposer, which have more uses than creating conduits and tesseracts.

in case of plate bender, the need of machine that can turn ingot into plates looks really silly, when you(Steve) can shape a diamond and can carry TONS of weight.

Re-read my post, you literally did exactly what I said isn't worth arguing over. Trying to rationalize mod requirements or methods based on reality DOESN'T WORK and is fruitless.

Saying TE makes sense is ridiculous. Why does it need to be liquid in there in the first place? How is the use of liquid justified? How does that makes sense? It makes sense because the mod author wanted another process, step or progression towards a powerful item. End of discussion. Yes I just had a conversation with myself, DEAL WITH IT. Yes the Liquid transposer has other uses, well so does the Plate Bender. MC 1.5+ has many uses for these plates outside of crafting.

I'm not arguing here because this is a fact. You can't argue and say the described scenario is intuitive for Thermal Expansion (yea some random green eye thing turned to liquid to teleport items, yea real intuitive (see what I did there (I tried to rationalize a games logic (which I just stated was fruitless and pointless (incase you didnt get it the first time (which you didn't)))))). The liquid transposer fits well into the mods theme or progression. It feels natural in that mod. The plate bender fits well into GT as long as you don't compare it to GT pre-platebender. Change isn't always a bad thing. Again (and again not being a prick) if you don't like it, uninstall Gregtech. Because the plate bender adds to what GT is all about. I don't go and complain about Thaumcraft 3's mechanics because I dont like magic. So I don't use it. That makes sense right?

Now after that line I'm going to get someone arguing that "Thaumcraft doesn't intrude on the game, it's entirely avoidable" or "but I like some parts of GT so I don't want to uninstall it/use another pack". Life is difficult./s Modded minecraft is even more difficult./s

Reactions: tehBlobLord

The Stick

Jul 29, 2019
For those of us who came to this thread looking for answers (primarily, how to remove the plate requirement from a number of vanilla items, like the bucket and vanilla hopper), you're looking for this:

/config/GregTech/DynamicConfig.cfg - Line 1729:

Code:
platesneededformiscmadeof {
  B:Gold=true
  B:Iron=true
}
should be changed to
Code:
platesneededformiscmadeof {
  B:Gold=false
  B:Iron=false
}

Note, this will revert the "needs plates" requirement for all vanilla recipes that require gold or iron, not just an individual one. If you want one specific recipe to have / not have plates, then you're outta luck.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I actually like the plate bender and can live with the plate requirement. But that Assembly machine was all the evidence I need to prove that Greg is in fact a sadist of the highest level...

"Don't like making machine blocks out of plates huh, little worm? OK... ok... how's this, I'll LET you build them out of ingots.... BUT YOU HAVE TO USE THE ASSEMBLY MACHINE and wait a whole minute! *evil laugh*"

Greg is actually by definition, evil. Well... as evil as a person modding computer games can be.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
I heard that in the original vanilla days, people could just put an ore into their crafting grid and get an ingot out of it. But Greg was really Notch, and he sadistically changed it to require another WHOLE machine, that you had to craft by HAND and FUEL with resources AND... get this... WAIT WHILE IT PROCESSED THE ORE... just to get an ingot.

The gregtech arguments are silly, it comes down, IMO to how much time you have to spend on the game. Even vanilla players happily do useless steps (the game could have been made so that when you mined an iron ore, it popped an ingot right into your inventory!) to create items. Instead they added simple, tedious ideas like smelting ores in a furnace, because then people felt more satisfaction when they finally built something. Some people feel gregtech is too tedious, others of us don't. I would imagine someone wiht only 30 minutes a day to spend on minecraft would find gregtech tedious, those of us that stay up late and get no sleep to build Centrifuges find it fun. If I had to spend my daily allotted time on minecraft just bending plates, im sure i would disable gregtech too.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Re-read my post, you literally did exactly what I said isn't worth arguing over. Trying to rationalize mod requirements or methods based on reality DOESN'T WORK and is fruitless.

Saying TE makes sense is ridiculous. Why does it need to be liquid in there in the first place? How is the use of liquid justified? How does that makes sense? It makes sense because the mod author wanted another process, step or progression towards a powerful item. End of discussion. Yes I just had a conversation with myself, DEAL WITH IT. Yes the Liquid transposer has other uses, well so does the Plate Bender. MC 1.5+ has many uses for these plates outside of crafting.

I'm not arguing here because this is a fact. You can't argue and say the described scenario is intuitive for Thermal Expansion (yea some random green eye thing turned to liquid to teleport items, yea real intuitive (see what I did there (I tried to rationalize a games logic (which I just stated was fruitless and pointless (incase you didnt get it the first time (which you didn't)))))). The liquid transposer fits well into the mods theme or progression. It feels natural in that mod. The plate bender fits well into GT as long as you don't compare it to GT pre-platebender. Change isn't always a bad thing. Again (and again not being a prick) if you don't like it, uninstall Gregtech. Because the plate bender adds to what GT is all about. I don't go and complain about Thaumcraft 3's mechanics because I dont like magic. So I don't use it. That makes sense right?

Now after that line I'm going to get someone arguing that "Thaumcraft doesn't intrude on the game, it's entirely avoidable" or "but I like some parts of GT so I don't want to uninstall it/use another pack". Life is difficult./s Modded minecraft is even more difficult./s

Another one thats thinks only there views make sense, dude your view is your view & may well be shared by many, but the opposite is also just as true, ie many my well not agree with your views so really you cant state a view of a game as fact this I have learned my self, lets just say there are many views on this topic & most have validity to some degree.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
This discussion has been had several times already, and the OP's question has been resolved. All future GregTech discussion should go here, thanks.

Thread Closed.​

Status
Not open for further replies.