GregTech question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you like the new gregtech? Trololo

• Yes

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
Does any one know how to turn off the plate bending and rolling machines recipes? I am using the GregTech for 1.5.2. Thanks :)

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Does any one know how to turn off the plate bending and rolling machines recipes? I am using the GregTech for 1.5.2. Thanks :)

You cannot turn off the plate bending requirement to build some GregTech machines. Similarly, you cannot turn off the liquid transposer requirement to build some TE machines. You cannot turn off the alloy furnace requirement to build some Redpower machines.

etc, etc, ad nauseum.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in the latest GT you don't need to build a PBM.
Just use a hammer instead, but it costs double.
But at least you don't need to use a plate bending machine.

I presume by rolling machine you mean the heating coils? For the tiny amount of those you need, just a clockwork engine will suffice, for your purposes.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
You're acting like a plate bending machine is difficult to make and power. It's relatively easy and makes mixed metal ingots cheaper. While I might not agree with Greg in everything he does, the PBM is one of those things that I personally don't see why people would complain about it.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
You're acting like a plate bending machine is difficult to make and power. It's relatively easy and makes mixed metal ingots cheaper. While I might not agree with Greg in everything he does, the PBM is one of those things that I personally don't see why people would complain about it.
its nor difficult(does this word even apply here?) nor difficult to power, however its one unnecessary step, that was easily avoided early. that`s what`s pissing ppl off about it.

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
If you look at it that way, why do we even have a crafting table? I mean, just redesign the recipes as it's unnecessary.

Come on now. This is modded Minecraft. It's yet another feature which adds something more to the game.

Reactions: The_Enemys

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it is just unnecessory. You can't really automate the rolling machine with ae if you don't have a lot of rolling machines and space.

Reactions: mushroom taco

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
i`d be fine with it if it added something, but its not.

It does add something. It adds access to all those GregTech machines that require its output

Just like the compressor, the extractor, the liquid transposer, the alloy furnace, the (RC or GT) blast furnace. Modded mindcraft is chock full of machines that exist primarily or exclusively to provide items needed to make other machines.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
Thing 1: This is wrong because he shouldn't have made everything into plates. It is easy, but takes time.
Thing 2: I don't want this to become a gregtech flame thread. I just wanted help.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
i`d explain why this statement is wrong, but not to you

I think what he's trying to say is that the plate bending machine serves the same purpose for IC2 and GT as the Liquid Transposer for example does for TE. The only reason you need the Liquid Transposer is so you can gain access to other TE items, such as redstone energy cells and conduits. You could make the same argument about conduits requiring liquid redstone instead of regular redstone dust. It's just part of the mod's progression.

The only reason the addition of the plate bending machine bothers people, while the liquid transposer doesn't, is 1) because the recipes for items requiring the transposer were like that since the beginning, while the PBM was added just recently, and 2) because it's part of GT, and therefore even if it's not something unreasonable, it just adds to the tedium that is already a big problem in the mod.

That said, I'm not a big fan of Gregtech either, and I'm not trying to support it. I find the addition of the PBM and the Assembling Machine annoying too. I'm just trying to be objective.

Reactions: casilleroatr

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
The only reason the addition of the plate bending machine bothers people, while the liquid transposer doesn't, is 1) because the recipes for items requiring the transposer were like that since the beginning, while the PBM was added just recently, and 2) because it's part of GT, and therefore even if it's not something unreasonable, it just adds to the tedium that is already a big problem in the mod.
you pretty much got it.
the only thing i can add, that in TE its actually understandable why you need use liquid ender and redstone, but i cannot say this about plate bender

Status
Not open for further replies.