GregTech question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you like the new gregtech? Trololo

• Yes

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want this to become a gregtech flame thread. I just wanted help.

There are two commandments regarding GregTech threads:

1. Thou shalt include a poll
2. The thread shalt eventually deteriorate into a flamewar

You've already followed #1, now why are you questioning #2?

HEATHEN!

Reactions: casilleroatr

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I know. Sorry if you took offense, I was joking.

But your question has already been answered, hasn't it? There's no way to turn off the recipes.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Taken from Pwnie on the GT thread on the IC2 forum.

metal plates is disablable with i tihnk
enablePlateBendingRecipes or so

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Thing 1: This is wrong because he shouldn't have made everything into plates. It is easy, but takes time.

Wait, are you trying to say that a mod author can't design their own mod the way they like? You wouldn't really want to take that stance would you? If you're not taking that stance, "shouldn't" is a null statement.[DOUBLEPOST=1372627286][/DOUBLEPOST]
i`d explain why this statement is wrong, but not to you

Your inability to coherently argue your position really does make conversing with me fruitless for you.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, are you trying to say that a mod author can't design their own mod the way they like? You wouldn't really want to take that stance would you? If you're not taking that stance, "shouldn't" is a null statement.[DOUBLEPOST=1372627286][/DOUBLEPOST]

Your inability to coherently argue your position really does make conversing with me fruitless for you.

I am not.

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want this to become a gregtech flame thread. I just wanted help.
Yet you put up a poll that could be taken as little more than flame bait. Really though to answer your question about plates, GregTech's purpose is to greatly increase the time it takes to reach end game. The PBM is simply one of many time increasing aspects.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019

Why do you always do this? People disagree. You can't convince them that they're bad for having a problem with a mod. Why not just let them be wrong and be the bigger man?

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Right & wrong are only points of view, if its the majority view its considered right, if its the minority then its considered wrong, but for me its not that cut & dry.

The difference between a freedom fighter & a terrorist is public opinion, a tad over the top but you get the drift.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
The difference between a freedom fighter & a terrorist is public opinion, a tad over the top but you get the drift.
a freedom fighter is someone who does things for freedom and can do things without hurting the people. a terrorist is somebody who succeeds by actually causing terror and making the people scared.

although I agree with doctoror. he seems to not understand both sides.

Sent from my homophone using metaphorical circuit boards

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
you pretty much got it.
the only thing i can add, that in TE its actually understandable why you need use liquid ender and redstone, but i cannot say this about plate bender

Not trying to argue here, but how can you say that TE's situation is understandable and Gregtech's isn't? The argument or logic of "well there's liquid ender or redstone in the tesseracts/conduits so you should need a liquid transposer" is moot, I could say "well all machines made of metal use metal plates, and you can't magically get plates from ingots so you should need a plate bending machine".

Besides the point, logic like this doesn't belong in minecraft. If it adds to the lore or theme of the game/mod great. If it fits within the theme of the mod and within the vision of the mod author, that's all that matters. If you don't like more machines, automation, difficulty, need of infrastructure, then (and not to be a prick) uninstall Gregtech as the mod is not going to benefit your playstyle at all.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
no. Just no.
Terrorists are people whose goal is to cause terror in order to bully another country. For example, Al Quaeda are trying to scare the 'Murikans.
Freedom fighters are people who are fighting for freedom. Usually it implies some kind of revolution; think more along the lines of what happened to Gadaffi.
In fact, often terrorist tactics (chemical weapons, gas etc) are employed against freedom fighters by the government they're attempting to overthrow.

They're completely different and there are people that would have been extremely hurt that you would say that. Sure, terrorists might brand themselves as freedom fighters, and sure freedom fighters might be branded as terrorists, but if you believe all propaganda then I feel sorry for you.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Not trying to argue here, but how can you say that TE's situation is understandable and Gregtech's isn't? The argument or logic of "well there's liquid ender or redstone in the tesseracts/conduits so you should need a liquid transposer" is moot, I could say "well all machines made of metal use metal plates, and you can't magically get plates from ingots so you should need a plate bending machine".

Besides the point, logic like this doesn't belong in minecraft. If it adds to the lore or theme of the game/mod great. If it fits within the theme of the mod and within the vision of the mod author, that's all that matters. If you don't like more machines, automation, difficulty, need of infrastructure, then (and not to be a prick) uninstall Gregtech as the mod is not going to benefit your playstyle at all.

Yes. I like that way of putting it. Love Gregtech or hate it, it is trying to establish a style or lore for itself, and I think its clear to everyone now what that is. The plate bending machine definately fits in with the theme of the mod. It doesn't even add much time to progressing up the tech tree. The only item in it that isn't from vanilla or IC2 is the conveyor module which is simple to craft and that is quite a useful module as it is makes a lot of Greg's machine autoejecting. This is a good feature I think. It runs at a quick pace too. Similar to the powered furnace. The plate bending machine also does add something new. The plates can be placed directly onto machines and I believe they have some interesting functions or other like redstone stuff although I haven't really messed with it. You can't deny that that is new functionality added as part of the plate bending stuff.

Chocorate and tehBlobLord I agree with you both about the freedom fighter/terrorist non equivalency. Egor66, I see you realised that your metaphor was over the top. Perhaps you should have thought of a different metaphor because we shouldn't need to be considering terrorism to explain minecraft points.

I only have one thing left to say.

We want Bender!

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019

thr TE situation is understandable because it make sense to add machines that can manipulate liquid(transposer) since Steve cannot do that.
yes, it can be simplified to 1 bucket of molten redstone and 8 empty conduits to result in 8 conduits and a bucket. but such would be an issue to implement, because minecraft workbench is suited for secondary output. which leads us to to addition of "TE workbench". but such can have issues with empty bucket extraction. it looks like that`s why in the end we have a liquid transposer, which have more uses than creating conduits and tesseracts.

in case of plate bender, the need of machine that can turn ingot into plates looks really silly, when you(Steve) can shape a diamond and can carry TONS of weight.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
thr TE situation is understandable because it make sense to add machines that can manipulate liquid(transposer) since Steve cannot do that.
yes, it can be simplified to 1 bucket of molten redstone and 8 empty conduits to result in 8 conduits and a bucket. but such would be an issue to implement, because minecraft workbench is suited for secondary output. which leads us to to addition of "TE workbench". but such can have issues with empty bucket extraction. it looks like that`s why in the end we have a liquid transposer, which have more uses than creating conduits and tesseracts.

in case of plate bender, the need of machine that can turn ingot into plates looks really silly, when you(Steve) can shape a diamond and can carry TONS of weight.

In gregtech Steve can't shape a diamond, he needs a compressor to make diamond blocks (that is what you are talking about isn't it?).

I see your point about Liquids and the liquid transposer. However there are quite a few recipes that use buckets and you get the product in the output slot and an empty bucket appears in your inventory when you click on the output. I'm pretty sure that reliquary's alkahest works in a similar way. So I am sure that King Lemming could have implemented the recipe you suggested for redstone conduits, but I suppose he had a different vision for his mod.

Im curious, did you play Gregtech before the plate bender addition? Did you enjoy it and do you wish that some of the changes that have been made have made the mod worse and you would prefer if it went back to the way it was so you could enjoy it. I only ask because it sounds like you don't really like the mod which is fine, but if thats the case why are you arguing so passionately for your point of view. Don't get me wrong I respect your opinion (and DoctorOr's and the other people on this thread) its just that I am having trouble seeing your motivation. Put simply, are you lamenting a change that has made a mod you enjoyed playing less fun for you, or are you just criticising the mod because you can? It doesn't really matter either way I would just like to know.

By the way I think in this case the Plate bending machine is analogous to the Liquid Transposer. The fact that the Liquid Transposer is more versatile doesn't change this, and as I pointed out in an earlier post the plates have more functions other than to just make more gregtech machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.