Gregtech Industrial Grinders vs. Upgraded Rotay Macerator

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Ok if you want another ore how about tin..

Tin Ore Water 2xTin Dust Tiny Pile of Iron Dust Tiny Pile of Zinc Dust
Empty Cell

Again only 2 dusts.. What makes 3 dusts in the grinder?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
The water recipes aren't the one's that give 3x. For those you need things like mercury cells.

I used to have an industrial grinder but before I got much use of it I made the mistake of placing my automatic canning machine (for putting quicksilver into those aforementioned mercury cells) on a medium voltage line and well now I don't have an automatic canning machine or a medium voltage line or an industrial grinder.
hahaha, just saw your post in the Epic Fail Stories thread.[DOUBLEPOST=1366262357][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok if you want another ore how about tin..

Tin Ore Water 2xTin Dust Tiny Pile of Iron Dust Tiny Pile of Zinc Dust
Empty Cell

Again only 2 dusts.. What makes 3 dusts in the grinder?
Silver Ore+Mercury Cell
Copper Ore + Sodium Persulfate
Gold Ore + Mercury

Reactions: EternalDensity

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly do you use nickel for? NEI shows very little uses for it. Invar ingots are easy to get... I just dont see the point. But again i dont see how that is 150 percent better. Further the pulveriser gives you nickel dust too...
Nickel is used in the making of Invar, which I use a lot since my compound is powered 100% by lava. It is also used in Nickel Ingots, which are used for Industrial Blast Furnaces.[DOUBLEPOST=1366262701][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok mercury is hard to get unless someone has an idea on how to automate it and get it easily.
Not really, Quicksilver + Empty Cell.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Ya i know to get invar. imo biogas and biofuel > then lava Just as easy to automate
Biogas and Biofuel can't be used in EU generation. If I have one or 2 ender tanks pumping lava from the nether, I can power an entire compound with just a few pipes.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Biofuel can be used in a diesel generator. And there is no way there is enough quicksilver around to handle a quarry. I am talking about automation here. How do you make a grinder produce 3 dusts all the time automatically. If you are using the ultimate pack it is easy to use a powerconver to convert MJs into EU.[DOUBLEPOST=1366263465][/DOUBLEPOST]Biofuel can also be used in a railcraft boiler and a turbine can produce TONS of EU. Forestry is the way to go for fuels. Boilers for mega power.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Biogas and Biofuel can't be used in EU generation. If I have one or 2 ender tanks pumping lava from the nether, I can power an entire compound with just a few pipes.
If you're not against using converters using lava in directly EU producing machines is pointless unless you just want it as fast as possible and don't care about efficiency. You get double the EU if you use magmatic/combustion and then convert it. I'd suggest magmatic though since it generates 200 EU/s.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
If you're not against using converters using lava in directly EU producing machines is pointless unless you just want it as fast as possible and don't care about efficiency. You get double the EU if you use magmatic/combustion and then convert it. I'd suggest magmatic though since it generates 200 EU/s.
I already have my EU and MJ mostly set up, I'm using Magmatic Engines and GregTech Thermal Generators.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
My first venture into gregtech thats what I did. I found it annoying to have to move the lava pump in the nether so I went with automatic farms. Steve carts adds a lot of nice automation without much cost or maintenance.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
A fully faced grinder integrated into an ME network is one of my favourite looking things in the game, it's also pretty good on resource processing and can be full automated, what's not to like :)

grinder.jpg

Reactions: Velotican

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
But wouldn't you really need more of those?
One to get max returns using mercury.
Another for every other exotic fluid that gives better returns for one ore or another. (Sodium Persulfate and so forth)
And water for everything else?

I've half done it, I have 1 face using mercury for the important stuff and the other 3 using water.

Adding the sodium persulfate doesn't seem worth the effort to me; processing through a chemical reactor twice to get a dust instead of a tiny dust, and the intentional production of sulfur and sodium cells to start with. Maybe I'm missing something and it's worth it, I'm not convinced yet but will set it up sometime for the sake of doing it.

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
I saw a video and the guy said that you cannot do that.

Also, quick question before I screw everything up, which sides do I pump water in, ores in, and dusts out?
I pumped water in the top with liquiducts. Pulled items from the bottom with pneumatic tube connected to a retriever.

Not sure where to pump ore in; I didn't automate that.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using ae with my grinders. Water can go in the bottom or side, ores in the top, and the products are output from the side.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
I saw a video and the guy said that you cannot do that.

Also, quick question before I screw everything up, which sides do I pump water in, ores in, and dusts out?

Ore inputs in the top, adjuncts input from the bottom, liquid inputs from anywhere, and outputs are from the side.

Industrial Grinder.png

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Centrifuging redstone dust gives you piles and piles of mercury cells, along with a little ruby dust (aluminum and chrome) and enough silicon cells for all your solar and advanced circuit needs.

GregTech isn't that hard. It just assumes you are either a masochist or you enjoy automating things, and if you're willing to automate then you will have resources coming out your ears soon enough and the tedium goes away.