Gregtech Industrial Grinders vs. Upgraded Rotay Macerator

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I am working on a machine room on a server using the Ultimate pack. I am having trouble deciding what to do for my ore processing. Should I use overclocked and generally upgraded Macerators, or GregTech Industrial Grinders? Also, I've never used GregTech before, and am EXTREMELY familiar with Industrial Craft.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I like my rotary macerators for ore processing. They're simple, efficient, and get the job done in a timely manner.

Fully charged up it will go through ores extremely quickly, though I'm not sure if it's as fast as a grinder. It also will not give you the extra dusts that grinders tend to give.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
GT grinder once you get the tech. It provides more stuff per block then any other grinding machine.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Greg's device gives you more stuff. It is slower than rotary macerator, I think, but it givse you those small piles of dusts and other things. AFAIR it is the best with Silk Touch devices such as rock cutter or pick with Silk Touch ^_^

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
IMO multiple pulverizers works fine. You could use a gregtech grinder but its marginally better then a pulverizers and its a lot easier to build 4 pulverizers.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Greg's device gives you more stuff. It is slower than rotary macerator, I think, but it givse you those small piles of dusts and other things. AFAIR it is the best with Silk Touch devices such as rock cutter or pick with Silk Touch ^_^
I plan on pumping the ores from my Quarry to it.

I think I'm going to go with the Grinder. Just wondering though, how fast are they generally?[DOUBLEPOST=1366258544][/DOUBLEPOST]
IMO multiple pulverizers works fine. You could use a gregtech grinder but its marginally better then a pulverizers and its a lot easier to build 4 pulverizers.
I can't stand them. In my Direwolf20 SSP I used them, and hated every minute of it. They need so much power, and the only way of storing energy is with energy cells.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Grinder requires water cells and is much slower. I use the pulveriser all the time. As for giving it power just use either biogas from a ferminter or use MFR biogenerator and burn the biofuel in a combustion engine. Getting lots of MJs is easy and the first thing i work towards is an energy cell and conduits.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Grinder requires water cells and is much slower. I use the pulveriser all the time. As for giving it power just use either biogas from a ferminter or use MFR biogenerator and burn the biofuel in a combustion engine. Getting lots of MJs is easy and the first thing i work towards is an energy cell and conduits.
Yeah I mean I'd estimate you can get conduits by 25-60 minutes into a world if you rush straight for it. Starting up on TE is REALLY easy. Especially with the bioreactor available to make combustions worth it early game for near heated boiler efficiency.

Bloodfrost

Jul 29, 2019

Normally you would just have water being pumped into it.... instead of using cells.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Normally you would just have water being pumped into it.... instead of using cells.
I saw a video and the guy said that you cannot do that.

Also, quick question before I screw everything up, which sides do I pump water in, ores in, and dusts out?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

"Marginally better" to Grydian is 150% of the output.

Pulverizer is 2x the ore, plus a 10% bonus
Grinder is 3x the ore, plus a 25% bonus

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
"Marginally better" to Grydian is 150% of the output.

Pulverizer is 2x the ore, plus a 10% bonus
Grinder is 3x the ore, plus a 25% bonus

From the wiki

Iron Ore Water 2xIron Dust Tiny Pile of Tin Dust Tiny Pile of Nickel Dust
Empty Cell

How is that 150 percent better?
I see 2 dusts and 25 percent of a tin dust... That would be 12 percent better... Hence marginally

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
There is also 25% of a nickel dust. Also remember, most ores come in clusters, so you will most likely get an entire tin dust, and an entire nickel dust per ore cluster.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
From the wiki

Iron Ore Water 2xIron Dust Tiny Pile of Tin Dust Tiny Pile of Nickel Dust
Empty Cell

How is that 150 percent better?
I see 2 dusts and 25 percent of a tin dust... That would be 12 percent better... Hence marginally

Iron should be processed in the blast furnace. You didn't post that one by accident. You had to search for it.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
What exactly do you use nickel for? NEI shows very little uses for it. Invar ingots are easy to get... I just dont see the point. But again i dont see how that is 150 percent better. Further the pulveriser gives you nickel dust too...

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
The water recipes aren't the one's that give 3x. For those you need things like mercury cells.

I used to have an industrial grinder but before I got much use of it I made the mistake of placing my automatic canning machine (for putting quicksilver into those aforementioned mercury cells) on a medium voltage line and well now I don't have an automatic canning machine or a medium voltage line or an industrial grinder.

Reactions: Avatar

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Iron should be processed in the blast furnace. You didn't post that one by accident. You had to search for it.
That wouldn't make sense if you wanted vanilla iron ingots. Industrial blast furnace with Iron Ore outputs refined iron.