Greg Tech opinion discussions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

fakehate

Jul 29, 2019
Look ill just say this one thing i went to the Official forums and this is what i found after literally 30 seconds of actually searching and not just reading someones opinion and accepting it as truth.
Greg Claims to make ONLY 3 changes to other mods and the rest was up to other devs this may be outdated but im just pointing this out
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7156
for all you idiots out there its under
List of Changes to other Mods than IC²[DOUBLEPOST=1374315251][/DOUBLEPOST]Just stop the BS please some of you may like Gregtech some of you may hate it but do you have to attempt to force you opinion on everyone. Why do you feel the need to Scream it to everyone. Please answer that with a real answer please not just you screaming "YOLO FTW GREGTECH SUCKS" like everyone else does
give an actual answer and talk at the very least like a 4th grader.
Your post fits into your own category of screaming to everyone. Please post something constructive instead of insulting people, name calling and generally not contributing to the discussion.

btw, the comment isn't the entire picture.. changing vanilla recipes is not an option. it's also deceptive in that many of the nerfs are in IC2.

Braynaud123

Jul 29, 2019
look i gave my 2 cents im going to sleep now but all of you are free to waste your time arguing i give up Ragers and other people cant be changed they are beyond help.
i know ill be flamed for this but who the hell cares if you find the grind tedious just deactivate gregtech then you can do whatever you want just going into that launcher you use and spend 15 seconds deactivating the mod if you dont like it Thats All You Have To Do Thats it just 15 seconds and you no longer have a reason to complain. If you dont know how look it up and spend another 15 seconds looking for a guide and after that poof gregtech is now no longer ****ing with your world. That is all i will no longer speak on the matter if you dont like what i say then dont read it but if you have gotten this far its TOO LATE.:(

BobertThe3rd

Jul 29, 2019
look i gave my 2 cents im going to sleep now but all of you are free to waste your time arguing i give up Ragers and other people cant be changed they are beyond help.
i know ill be flamed for this but who the hell cares if you find the grind tedious just deactivate gregtech then you can do whatever you want just going into that launcher you use and spend 15 seconds deactivating the mod if you dont like it Thats All You Have To Do Thats it just 15 seconds and you no longer have a reason to complain. If you dont know how look it up and spend another 15 seconds looking for a guide and after that poof gregtech is now no longer ****ing with your world. That is all i will no longer speak on the matter if you dont like what i say then dont read it but if you have gotten this far its TOO LATE.:(

Well that was a minute of my life wasted giving an answer to a guy who didn't want an answer, suppose the last few hours could be categorized into that, oh wells, good night ... hopefully Slowpoke has the new packs running tomorrow (probably not, but I can always dream) Don't want to waste time on a server that will be disappearing shortly.

fakehate

Jul 29, 2019
A very upfront portion of the GT thread on the IC2 forum reads like those comments also. with the perpetrator being egotariusG himself....

"Important Stuff - why are some people too stupid to look here for the Download?" .. what a lovely guy.

Airlag

Jul 29, 2019
By stating that he doesn't care if his mod is included in a modpack, he is also saying that he doesn't care if players use it, and therefore that he doesn't care about the players themselves, and in this way he is completely undermining us, by saying that he doesn't care if we like it, the only thing that matters is if he likes it.
No. By stating that, he declared it is absolutely free to use. By saying so, he also declared that he doesn't care what other mods are used together with his mod. That absolutely doesn't match with turning off the system when a specific other mod is present.

Annoy4nce647

Jul 29, 2019
But why would other modders want to change his mod? It's as if I were to make a mod to revert the changes in TerraFirmaCraft because it makes the game hard. If people didn't want Greg's changes they wouldn't download the mod. Why don't I go and complain about the Dirt to Diamonds mod being overpowered?

i don't think you understand, the reason people play FTB is because they like the modpack, sure you can remove the mod but some people still like playing on servers, and I highly doubt you'll find many servers that don't have gregtech but still use the relevant modpack, and probably all of them will be whitelisted, so it's either play ssp and be lonely, without any mods you hate, or play smp, be with other people and have a stupid mod that you absolutely hate, both are equally unintriguing to me as a user of FTB.

Reactions: Flipz and Cirom

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
i don't think you understand, the reason people play FTB is because they like the modpack, sure you can remove the mod but some people still like playing on servers, and I highly doubt you'll find many servers that don't have gregtech but still use the relevant modpack, and probably all of them will be whitelisted, so it's either play ssp and be lonely, without any mods you hate, or play smp, be with other people and have a stupid mod that you absolutely hate, both are equally unintriguing to me as a user of FTB.

Yeah, that's exactly the problem I'm having. I personally do not like the changes GregTech makes, so I wish to turn it off on my server. I now have two options:
1. Switch from Ultimate to the Direwolf20 Pack, which (at the point I was interested in FTB, anyway) does not have the cool mods like Bibliocraft.
2. Manually remove GregTech from the modpack, and ask my players to do the same. Most of my players do not know how, or are too lazy - I'd lose 75% of my playerbase.
3. Continue using GregTech

Unfortunately, I chose 3, which ultimately led to me getting bored of the grind and eventually getting bored of FTB as a whole. I can't even get INTO the dw20 pack now, just cause I'm fed up of getting the materials for little gain before. It's like some sort of mental thing: You KNOW you're actually going to get something this time, but all those times before just make you not bother.

Reactions: Flipz

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Gregs Actions are deplorable and only befitting of a petulant 14-16 year old with no sense of respect for anyone but themselves.

Even if his mod was actually good, it would still not make up for the deficit of his character. Mainly becasue no one can create something good enough to do so.
You don't crash peoples clients... You just don't.

But then again, all this strife would have been avoided if they made a separate ultimate pack without GregTech then his nerfs and de-nerfing wouldn't matter. That or ultimate pack shipping with all the hard modes turned off in the config.
Then those who like things difficult get to tangle with his configs, I mean that's your hardmode right there (I swear that thing is specifically designed to punish carebears).

When I play Ultimate the nicest feeling I have about GregTech is a begrudging tolerance, I only build his stuff if I have to e.g making plates for drill. But I mostly avoid it if I can.
I am kind of forced to play GregTech as I play predominantly SMP and starting your own server is quite a task. Despite the hate GregTech gets, finding a server with it disabled is hard Most server owners must genuinely like the mod (perhaps we haters are the minority?) or simply don't know how or wont risk removing the mod out of fear of breaking something.
My gut tells me it's the latter but my gut has been wrong in the past.

As far as I can tell the only types of people who like GregTech are;
A: Masochists - People who for some reason I cannot fathom like the pointlessly grindy nature of the mod. To each there own in this instance. AKA Someone who likes "challenge".

B: Server Admins - Who seem to be under the impression (that may or may not be false) that the mod keeps people playing by lengthening their progression keeping them on the server longer. I have known a few admins who include GregTech hard modes for just this reason and this reason alone. Any fun resulting from the mod is considered an unexpected bonus.
From the players it's usually it's just grumbling and people mumbling "Greg Sux" or "I hate X change from GregTech".

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/1ilmq3/gregtech_alternative_wip/

This one from the FTB subreddit seems to have got the ball rolling. There's already an official GIT and everything. Yes, it's open source! None of that malicious crash code, guaranteed. :)

Brilliant, I love what Greg adds to the game, but I hate what he changes, if this new mod comes to fruition it seems perfect for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1374321977][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well thankfully the wgt and ngt packs have been replaced by the unleashed and unhinged packs. Now everybody's happy.

wgt?
ngt?
unleashed?
unhinged?

Please explain, I have no clear idea what they are.

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, I chose 3, which ultimately led to me getting bored of the grind and eventually getting bored of FTB as a whole. I can't even get INTO the dw20 pack now, just cause I'm fed up of getting the materials for little gain before. It's like some sort of mental thing: You KNOW you're actually going to get something this time, but all those times before just make you not bother.

This bit I don't get. Once you have a quarry and Matter Fab the grind vanishes, or it does for me. My AE system has 10k of Iridium and over 65k of UU matter stored in it, I've automated pretty much every process I could, so, so long as it doesn't need buildcraft gates (which I can't find anyway to automate) I've reached the point where I can stand at my ME crafting terminal and craft anything in the game thats craftable. I've stopped playing much FTB these days because the challenge is all gone.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019

The new GT pack is missing -alot- of the mods that used to be in 152ngt (including computerCraft and many others)... Is this showing the middle finger to people that like playing GT and telling them to go elsewhere?

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
The new GT pack is missing -alot- of the mods that used to be in 152ngt (including computerCraft and many others)... Is this showing the middle finger to people that like playing GT and telling them to go elsewhere?
since greg has been consulting ftb team for that pack, you can say that greg has gave the finger to those people. it`s really unexpected...

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
since greg has been consulting ftb team for that pack, you can say that greg has gave the finger to those people. it`s really unexpected...

consulting doesnt mean the same as constructing the pack. AND i'm ASKING to know which one is to blame to this. If Wyld doesn't answer, I'll ask from Greg, but most likely it's FTB team responsible for the weak pack.

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019
consulting doesnt mean the same as constructing the pack. AND i'm ASKING to know which one is to blame to this. If Wyld doesn't answer, I'll ask from Greg, but most likely it's FTB team responsible for the weak pack.

No, Greg, mDiyo and some other sources have confirmed that the only mods in the GregPack are Greg's personally recommended mods for it. It's completely upon his discretion.

rizzy

Jul 29, 2019

I think this post by Wyld might help

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/new-mod-packs.26682/page-5#post-359099

Not exactly. Slow and I have been kicking around the idea of a Hard Mode tech pack for a while. We simply incorporated current events into this idea. The pack has been passed by Greg however, and is suited to what he wishes .. mainly because Greg's mod is the Hard Mode mod.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Blaming is not a part of effective problem solving.

Read the official statements and you can deduce the reasons behind the packs mod selection. Either Greg thought they fit or FTB felt they fit. After those two reasons you're left with mod devs opting out.

You can always just ADD what you want on your own :cool:

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for that. However, this pack is so weak that I doubt alot of people are even going to choose it. Ah well. back to playing on custom servers[DOUBLEPOST=1374323951][/DOUBLEPOST]
Blaming is not a part of effective problem solving.

Read the official statements and you can deduce the reasons behind the packs mod selection. Either Greg thought they fit or FTB felt they fit. After those two reasons you're left with mod devs opting out.

You can always just ADD what you want on your own :cool:

I've done all of that, and the bottom line is that the pack is weak. I'll just continue using a custom pack as i've been the past 2 months because the FTB team has been too lazy to put out a proper 152 pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.