Grass Color

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
Hey its me again. Is there anyway to change grass color? I settled in a wastelandish biome and it was cool until i wanted to do nature mods like botania so there is that. I heard witchery can change biomes but I dont think doing witchery any time soon.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Rotarycraft has a terraformer that can change one biome into a vaguely similar one.

Or Thaumcraft can change biomes to magical forest.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah the very easiest way of changing it would probably be to just gather loads of Silverwood saplings and plant those. They will transform the area into Magical forest which have a bright green grass colour.
Pure nodes in the silverwoods will transform a larger area, but even trees with no nodes will transform the area into magical forest. Just not in as large a range.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah and how big is the new biome. I havent grown any silver trees
Well unless it was changes from back in 4.1 when I used it, a normal silverwood tree will change the biome in the block of the trunk plus 1-2 block radius. A pure node in the trunk will probably do it up to 8-9 blocks radius.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well i need lots of trees then. If i cut them down will biome decay?
Nope. It is permanent. So you can change a section, then chop them down and use potential saplings to change a new section. Just make sure to leave them long enough for them to do their thing. It happens slowly over time.

When I did it I set up a Magical Forest(among a few other biomes) Mystcraft age and went exploring while chopping down every silverwood I found. Planted two rows of them and let it work for a while. Cut down all the leaves and removed all those that did not have nodes in them after a while. Replanted them to get more nodes. Eventually I had complete coverage in the area I wanted to use as my manabean greenhouse.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on how far into Thaumcraft you are, a Hoe of Growth will help tremendously. You can use it to instantly grow Silverwood saplings into full trees. Also, the Axe of the Stream used to (I think I still does) infer a bonus to Silverwood sapling drop rate. Not sure if Fortune affects sapling drop rates or not.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6.4 (Monster), the Thaumium grafter from magic bees was a 100% drop rate on Silverwood saplings when breaking leaves with it. Not sure if that was intended or if it was since addressed, but may be worth a shot if your Silverwood are being stingy.

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
İ cheated a few saplings just to get started. I pay with diamonds . Btw new biome is smaller than i thought so i need lot more silverwood trees

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
Guys i need to ask sonething about the case. Can i use aura node jars to move tree log nodes? Also is there a way to make the node to without wood?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Guys i need to ask sonething about the case. Can i use aura node jars to move tree log nodes? Also is there a way to make the node to without wood?
Nah it is the formation of the pure node inside the tree that triggers the larger range biome transformation. I don't think a pure node on it self does anything. I have moved some naturally spawning pure nodes before and they did not change the biome. Pretty sure it is all tied to the trees.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Nope - Pure node in tree = change biome. Any other pure node does nothing to the biome. This is unlike sinister nodes, which change the biome regardless of their location. The pure node DOES resist getting tainted regardless of location though.

The only thing i can think of to move them log intact would be teleposers from blood magic. Jarring the node loses the log.