Good vs. Evil

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
12 kind of have a shoggoth farm.
I say kind of because their hitbox is absolute garbage so you have to get hit in order to hit them sometimes. However, thanks to some totems you have resistance 4 (and slowness), strength 3 and luck 3.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
11 I printed the wrong file, and ended up having to go back to the library to reprint it, as it was due today.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
10 for some reason I can't get qterminal to open a new terminal at the current location despite that feature being turned on in its config (tried multiple times to change it, turning it off or on has no effect).
Weirdly enough if I go to qterminal and just run another instance of it either by using x-terminal emulator or qterminal it actually opens a new terminal at the current working directory!
The weirdest part is that it used to work, but it suddenly broke a while back. I didn't even run any updates when it happened it just broke mid session :(
A reinstall didn't seem to work either.

The worst part is is that I started to enjoy using vim in qterminal with Awesome. Awesome made it easy to work with multiple windows and qterminal + vim kept out of your way so you could actually easily keep multiple windows open at the same time while still seeing code. Not to mention how easy it is to open or close files in new windows. This made working with multiple files a lot nicer to do than using geany. But, thanks to that bug geany is suddenly a better fit again.

It also doesn't help that I already tried a good amount of terminals already.
Mate-terminal doesn't play nice with awesome (and I want to get rid of mate as I use so little of it)
Qterminal has this bug, but is otherwise perfect
Xterm and UXterm have too little functionality for my taste.
termit also doesn't play nice with awesome, its font renders weird and seems to lack an option to make the terminal slightly transparent (Which I love). It having lua embed for its config may be a nice feature, but too little benefit to make up for the downsides.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
9 At this point I am not convinced there won't be snow on the ground when I'm taking finals... It is snowing, yet again, and visibility is bad enough that driving is a stupid idea.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
8 found some more time to work on rp_tracker

Still working on having the 2 servers communicate properly. In short how it goes:
I fail at reading data out of a post request on the nodejs side.
and I fail at sending a good post request on the php side.

Basically, everything is broken >_<

Also, php has a urlencode function and a rawurlencode function. Guess which one you need to use?
rawurlencode. Because urlencode doesn't actually conform to spec and transforms spaces to the plus sign (+) rather than %20.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
8 decided to switch over from a proper encoded post request to just encode it as json. This worked flawlessly.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
7 Winter. Winter. Won't you end?
9. If only :(

Had fun going Ender dragon hunting with a couple of folks. I didn’t actually do much, just got a couple of columns and a couple of shots with my bow, but I feel I helped :) I forgot to get some bottles of Ender Air though *facepalms*

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
10 and.. suddenly the php side became very, very slow.

I however have no time to debug this right now...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
11. That’s not good!

I was undecided whether to put this as good or evil - Closet Gamer’s series of Age of Engineering has come to an end. On the one hand it makes me sad that it’s over, but on the other it’s been a great series and I’m glad I got to see it! If you haven’t caught it, I’d give it a look :)