Good vs. Evil

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
33. Ugh. My hangover this morning tells me I definitely shouldn’t drink, or at least that I should stick to just the one if I do...

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
32. :( Drama happened and one of the artists I enjoy pulled all their work from the only site I knew they were on. So now I need to track them down and save what I can find.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
32 needed to gather all the screenshots I had of my rp_tracker project for school. Kind of interesting to see the project progress like that.
upload_2018-4-3_17-13-29.png
upload_2018-4-3_17-14-33.png
You don't just see how the interface progressed, but also see changes in my preferred screen shot methods. Also, the first picture I posted about this project on the discord server I have for it is from the sixth of July in 2016, the first picture in this list comes from 25th of September 2016 though.
Also, kind of mind boggling how bad I could reuse code for the old client that I took a screenshot about how it informs you that a backstory and/or personality description was missing during character creation. Nowadays things like that are done automatic, without me even needing to think about it. (I actually need to think about it if I DON'T want a message like that for some fields)

Also, a big increase in panels and suddenly scrolling appeared on some pages that previously had pagination instead (looking at you, character creation). You can also see which pages I spent the most time on, the page where GM's manage a battle for example appears 4 times in the old list and 2 times in the new one (or 3 if you count the pad).

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
31 I've found three of the pictures, but those are on a forum and not an image board, so finding more is a bit of a pain. Though with a few I can do a reverse image search and try to find other places they've been posted, and hopefully find other pictures too.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
29 Well, this is nice. The images aren't indexed, but if I can find the page it used to be on, the MD5 is posted, and they're still on the site if you know where to look, with the MD5 as the file name. So I can just search the site and the artist's name in google using quotes on the name and site: for the site and get all the posts. Then I just need to manually go through and try the different file types it could be, since it isn't standardized on png or jpg or anything. It's still a pain, but I can do it easier than I thought. Browsing where they are isn't really an option, since it's just a /data/images/ directory, so all the images on the entire board are in there.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
25 I'm working on a very simple genetic algorithm to play the terminal game and with simple I mean very,very simple.

It won't have a neural network nor any idea of the game state. Instead I just have a total of 100 lists containing 1's and 0's. Every frame I read the next 4 of those and add them together. This will decide what key to press.

After the game is played a 100 times (one for each list) I pick some of the best ones out and combine those. I'll also remove some weaker ones to make space for the new breeds.
After that some lists will get mutated, depending on random chance and their mutChance. A mutation can change the mutation rate (increase or decrease it), add or remove to the list or change the value of multiple items in a list.

How good an attempt was is based on the amount of frames it survived and the score it gained during its run, with frames survived being the most important one.

Every game will of course be the exact same, otherwise the AI's will basically be chickens without a head running around on a highroad.