Good vs. Evil

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
76.5 Basically, from what I understand, the data used to calculate the robots aim (and catapult velocity?) are supposed to be based on real world tests. However, die to lack of time they invented numbers that worked (which, are from a simulation if I read that correctly?)

Also @duckfan77 congrats on third.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
73.5 because the first time I tried to do some functional programming, I had to cheat.
To be precise I had to cheat with this function
Code:
function newInsert(oldTable,value)
   local workTable=oldTable or {}
   workTable[#workTable+1]=value
   return workTable
end
it should get a table (or an array for those that don't know lua) and a value, then return a new table that is a copy of the table but with that extra value.
I did try
Code:
local workTable=oldTable or {}
   if #workTable>=1 then
     return {value,unpack(workTable)}
   end
   return {value}
end
however, if the table contains about 8000 values it will cause a crash and it is a lot slower. It also puts the new value at the beginning of the new table rather then at the end of it, though for why I need it that doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
72.5 going back to my standby "whatever you said". Cross-multiplication is my strong suit. Example: Give 50mg/kg tid your patient weighs 25.2kg. This medication comes on a liquid with the dosage of 100mg/ml. FYI the dose is 4.2ml per dose. Sorry couldn't resist

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
73.5 probably the most complicated print() that I ever wrote
Code:
print(   charList[newCharKey1].name,
         charList[newCharKey2].name,
         (
           sum(
             multipleTurns(
               charList[newCharKey1],
               charList[newCharKey2],
               maxTurns
             )
           )/maxTurns

)
       )

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
72 yea... this is why I shouldn't do this after being cussed out by a family member for something the facility did and not me or my aides