Good vs. Evil

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
94 Because convoluted install instructions.
Code:
1) Follow the steps in this link:
https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/4485/m/13809/l/599681-installing-eclipse-c-java
to install eclipse. MAKE SURE TO INSTALL MARS, NOT NEON. YOU WILL NEED TO GOOGLE TO FIND MARS
2) Make sure that both Java and C++ are installed, if not, how to fix that is present above
3) Install navX. Install instructions for both C++ and Java are Here: http://www.pdocs.kauailabs.com/navx-mxp/software/roborio-libraries/
    Yes, the download button on the right is the correct download.
    The only step doable without having the projects in eclipse is step one for Java, otherwise just make sure to run the installer.
4) Install openCV from Here: https://github.com/Team2168/2168_Vision_Example
    Install instructions are within the README file after scrolling down past the files.
5) Setup and Install Github. PM me with the username and I will add you to the team. Once added, visit $teamGithubPage
6) Clone $codeRepo1 and $codeRepo2 from Github using the installed program, then import them into eclipse. For instructions on importing, either ask or use google.
7) Follow the rest of the steps from 3. for both Java and C++ with $codeRepo2 and $codeRepo1 respectively.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
94 Because I wrote that. There isn't an easy way to install the packages we need without just doing that.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
96 its still better then what some programs want you to do if you use debian
step 1 add the debian-testing repo
step 2 run "apt-get update"
step 3 run apt-get install {list of packages here, sometimes even core things for your computer to work}
step 4 install this program
step 5 have fun with this program
step 6 enjoy your very own
Franken_Debian.jpg

The worst part about this? sometimes it isn't even needed and the programs you have from debian stable work fine or the version you need are in the backport repository which is MADE for when you need newer software then available on debian stable >_<

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
95 either caja is a derp or........
Error mounting /dev/sdg1 at /media/lenscas/J_CEDA_X64FRE_NL-NL_DV5: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1000,dmask=0077,fmask=0177" "/dev/sdg1" "/media/lenscas/J_CEDA_X64FRE_NL-NL_DV5"' exited with non-zero exit status 13: $MFTMirr does not match $MFT (record 0).
Failed to mount '/dev/sdg1': Invoer-/uitvoerfout
NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it's a
SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows
then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very
important! If the device is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate
it and mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/ directory, (e.g.
/dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1). Please see the 'dmraid' documentation
for more details.

(also, considering its an thumbdrive I doubt it is formatted as ntfs so......)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
95 either caja is a derp or........
Error mounting /dev/sdg1 at /media/lenscas/J_CEDA_X64FRE_NL-NL_DV5: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1000,dmask=0077,fmask=0177" "/dev/sdg1" "/media/lenscas/J_CEDA_X64FRE_NL-NL_DV5"' exited with non-zero exit status 13: $MFTMirr does not match $MFT (record 0).
Failed to mount '/dev/sdg1': Invoer-/uitvoerfout
NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it's a
SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows
then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very
important! If the device is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate
it and mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/ directory, (e.g.
/dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1). Please see the 'dmraid' documentation
for more details.

(also, considering its an thumbdrive I doubt it is formatted as ntfs so......)
the above is my file manager trying to mount an thumb-drive using the ntfs file system and failing.