Good vs. Evil

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
You could replace the chipsets with golden gears... but you already said you're low on gold, so I guess that's out of the question.

Disconnecting your logipipes could help if they're not doing anything important.
They are not, however I placed it in between my 2 kinetic pipes (to get power from all my dynamo's instead of just 160 rf/t)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
77 as it turns out, that was already the case :p the block itself was filling still filling its buffer

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
81 I need a nice recipe to make clay, something that isn't expensive but a "pain" to automate. Any ideas?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
81 I need a nice recipe to make clay, something that isn't expensive but a "pain" to automate. Any ideas?
Got Botania? The Clayconia makes clay from sand. Automation of it requires placing sand blocks in the world, then picking up dropped clay items.
Got Applied Energistics, but not Thaumic Energistics? The Quartz Grindstone is pretty difficult to automate, and it might even have Minetweaker support.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
82 no ae no botania.
What I do have is a working LP system that should be able to melt all the ores.
Which is great as my redstone and iron is getting low.
Need to make a void pipe and 3 of those land marks and a big quarry is made!!

Tomorrow I may go ahead and go to the nether and maybe I will make the first turtle of this world. Who I will then say goodbye too because if all goes well I won't see it ever again :(

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
86 I set it down in the over world, I need to the nether to get the materials for the 3 enderchests :p
and then I have a mining system that might be slow but I never have to think about again.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
87 If you give it a bucket and place it at a low enough elevation, you *should* never need to worry about fueling it.

Or was that the point?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
88 I really like the idea but too much randomness is involved in it.
My setup is simple
1 enderchest is full of charcoal thanks to my LP system +tree farm
1 enderchest is connected to my LP system to pull everything out of it
the last enderchest is in my turtle and it changes the color combination to either allow it to drop everything off or to refuel itself.

And then all it needs to do is digUp, digDown, dig and forward :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
89 Why did I not post here earlier?

In other news, I just got rickrolled by my Java instructor. I was studying for my test tomorrow, and came across a mention of some practice problems. I looked on the class website under the section for this test, hoping to find said practice problems, and saw a link entitled "Exam 2 Solution (Fall 2015)". In my haste, I clicked it without taking a close look at the "Fall 2015" part, figuring that it was a link to an exam from a semester or two ago. Next thing I knew, this appeared. Fortunately, I had the sound on my laptop turned off, and my roommate happened to be down the hall in the restroom at the time... but I still got rickrolled nonetheless.

Oh, you troll, mister "I'm not quite a PH.D. yet but I hopefully will be before the end of the semester, so then I can make you all call me Dr. K," you.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
90 I need to expirement more with forwarded x at first I didn't think much of the performance as minecraft only runs at 5 fps then. Until I remembered that it was at 5 fps using the settings to run at my desktop and my laptop didn't melt. I would call that a win considering the gpu inside my laptop is so old that amd doesn't even support it anymore on Linux (and maybe also on windows) :p.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
92 You probably need to sleep indeed :p
Then now the question, how much more performance can I squeeze out of my laptop in combination with forwarding x at my desktop.