Getting tired of waiting for FTB update..

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

foshka

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody else getting tired of waiting for 1.1? It has been a month, and I'm stuck playing Do Not Starve and Timber&Stone just to kill the time. Honestly, I'd prefer a jump to mc 1.5x just so we can reset the server world already.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
So.... do it?

Seriously, the last official FTB pack I pulled was FTBBETAA. I'm on 1.5.1 presently.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Le Sigh.

I've wasting my time in Skyrim knowing that because of the number of changes anything pre 1.5.x will most likely need to be nuked when updating I've basically given up on starting anything new until then. ... At this rate I'll just be going back to vanilla soon.

Reactions: seannyyx

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So.... do it?

Seriously, the last official FTB pack I pulled was FTBBETAA. I'm on 1.5.1 presently.

Sure but it is not really FTB at the point. Its your own mod pack that is sort of like FTB.

I would like to use the official pack. So that when I do a project and share it with others someone seeing what I did can do that same with no trouble beyond using the launcher.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Last year before ftb I played tekkit and was a rp2 junkie, using it for above other mods whenever I could. Coming back to minecraft with the FTB beta (after a few months of guild wars 2) I had to totally adjust my playstyle because it had no rp2. Looking back on that it actually made me a better player as now I incorporate things from all available mods much better instead of trying to using solutions from one mod. Cool story huh? :p

On topic: I've been waiting for months to get back onto the server I play which will be restarted when we get a 1.5 build so yeah a little impatient. But it's more to do with my playing solo (due to youtubing - started a solo ultimate world as the server was on mindcrack), I build more aesthetically on a server than solo. Looking forward to all the changes the modders have made for their 1.5 versions too, finding different ways to do stuff :)

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
So.... do it?

You are on the FTB forums, spouting about how good it is to not use the launcher? You dont even play ftb, why are you here?

TheVirQ

Jul 29, 2019
Last year before ftb I played tekkit and was a rp2 junkie, using it for above other mods whenever I could. Coming back to minecraft with the FTB beta (after a few months of guild wars 2) I had to totally adjust my playstyle because it had no rp2. Looking back on that it actually made me a better player as now I incorporate things from all available mods much better instead of trying to using solutions from one mod. Cool story huh? :p

On topic: I've been waiting for months to get back onto the server I play which will be restarted when we get a 1.5 build so yeah a little impatient. But it's more to do with my playing solo (due to youtubing - started a solo ultimate world as the server was on mindcrack), I build more aesthetically on a server than solo. Looking forward to all the changes the modders have made for their 1.5 versions too, finding different ways to do stuff :)

But volcanoes and marble and micloblocks...

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
You are on the FTB forums, spouting about how good it is to not use the launcher?

Actually, I'm not. I have made no comparative statement of the tools that one uses. I only pointed out that if someone wants to move to 1.5.x they can do so, right now, without waiting for any particular pack to update.

You dont even play ftb,

Does anyone here, really? There is one constant when it comes to Minecraft, we play it the way that we choose to play it. Heck, the launcher even encourages that; private packs. In fact I know of at least one private pack which is running on 1.5.x.

why are you here?

I am here because my original steps into modded Minecraft came from FTB. I am here because I like the ideal behind what the FTB team wants to achieve. I am here because how closely tied the FTB team is to the mod authors that make up FTB. I am here because the community is actually quite good and, with the rare exception, very mature, polite and intelligent.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
But volcanoes and marble and micloblocks...

All nice stuff, it's logic and wiring I missed the most when I was playing FTB beta.

The 1.5 beta pack we're getting has marble and basalt analogues from a couple of mods (railcraft is one for sure), you could always make a volcano yourself and I'm not sure but expect immibis microblocks to be included too. For the logic and wiring MFR now has rednet which is one of the things I'm really looking forward to playing with, so while I look forward to rp2s return, other mods cover some of the important things it provides.

Anyhoo, lets not turn this into an rp2 thread!

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I'm not. I have made no comparative statement of the tools that one uses. I only pointed out that if someone wants to move to 1.5.x they can do so, right now, without waiting for any particular pack to update.

Does anyone here, really? There is one constant when it comes to Minecraft, we play it the way that we choose to play it. Heck, the launcher even encourages that; private packs. In fact I know of at least one private pack which is running on 1.5.x.

I am here because my original steps into modded Minecraft came from FTB. I am here because I like the ideal behind what the FTB team wants to achieve. I am here because how closely tied the FTB team is to the mod authors that make up FTB. I am here because the community is actually quite good and, with the rare exception, very mature, polite and intelligent.

The main reason that FTB and things like Tekkit are so popular is because we dont need to get all the mods running together. If I wanted to mess with configs and block IDs I would go back to the way I modded before mod packs. Coming here and saying that creating your own mod pack is the answer is not really what the FTB launcher is all about, most people here use the launcher. I also find the community here ok except when people come in and act high and mighty and tell people not to use the launcher.

I want the launcher to update and it is annoying how long it takes. We should be allowed to complain as if we didnt the organizers would become complacent. Complaining shows we care.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
The main reason that FTB and things like Tekkit are so popular is because we dont need to get all the mods running together. If I wanted to mess with configs and block IDs I would go back to the way I modded before mod packs.

You do realize that the important part of the pack is preserved, right? That being the config files. You don't have to mess with the BlockIDs because the configs are still there.

I also find the community here ok except when people come in and act high and mighty and tell people not to use the launcher.

Let me know when you find such a person.

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019
I'm more interested in 1.6 honestly. Besides, I'm just now getting into bees so it'll be ages before I crave more content.

Reactions: Golrith

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Why is everyone so bloody eager to update all the time?
For me it usually means lost progress and i'm too frustrated to play for a few weeks because my server decided resetting the world would be fun

Reactions: Golrith

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Why is everyone so bloody eager to update all the time?
For me it usually means lost progress and i'm too frustrated to play for a few weeks because my server decided resetting the world would be fun

1.4.7 FTB versions have been running since last December, ultimate since March, lot of mods and world gen changes since then, lot of new things/changes in the 1.5 version of a lot of the mods, and some good new mods.

Sometimes a restart is good,specially if you've reached endgame content on the server you've been on.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.7 FTB versions have been running since last December, ultimate since March, lot of mods and world gen changes since then, lot of new things/changes in the 1.5 version of a lot of the mods, and some good new mods.

Sometimes a restart is good,specially if you've reached endgame content on the server you've been on.

I absolutely HATE starting over, IT just means falling into the same routine and clocking another 24H dicking around mining and stuff
Also i don't really like 1.5, I can't disable that thing with the holding down right click "Drag placing"

Another thing is that RP2 is just Too damn usefull, not sure what i'll do without red alloy wiring, Among other things

Reactions: Philo and AlanEsh