Getting tired of waiting for FTB update..

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
I actually don't mind restarting. Gives me a clean break to try new mods, to refine how I build things or try completely new things. I generally restart every 1-2 months regardless of what is happening in the mod or vanilla scene. For example I have been thinking of doing a restart here pretty soon.

I really like my current world and the base I've built up, especially after nailing the subterranean quarry + filler method to create several sub-basements. But after reading the EBXL or BoP topic I really want to give BoP a whirl, maybe add in Natura.

I also want to try a world without boilers. I've done them the past 3 worlds and know I can get them running. Both solid and liquid, large and small, low and high pressure. But the way I manage power seems completely different than how others manage power so I end up generally wasting most of what a boiler outputs. So I'd like to see if I can return to a traditional engine setup (no lava!) even though I am missing several engines most people are used to having (no forestry, either). I'm curious as to what these BC oil springs are all about.

Starting over is the only way to give any of that a fair shake since there's a fair bit of world gen as well as needing to not have the current infrastructure built up to distract me from working out how to best utilize what I want to get into. :)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I actually don't mind restarting. Gives me a clean break to try new mods, to refine how I build things or try completely new things. I generally restart every 1-2 months regardless of what is happening in the mod or vanilla scene.

Kind of the same here. Restarting does not phase me in the least. Starting over really does help you be better at the game over all. You find new ways to do old things or better ways. You have the chance to try another path.

I restart more randomly. Like when I feel like it. Or if there is enough of change in an update that early/mid game has new options to explore.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
For those not following the news thread, you can try out the 1.5.2 beta here:
http://feed-the-beast.com/15beta.php
Report bugs here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-5-2-private-pack-bug-reports.22051/

to reiterate, this pack is not intended for normal play or existing worlds. Start a new world, test it out, expect to have to restart that world several times as it is updated. Item IDs are completely incompatible with worlds form existing modpacks. Expect to encounter game crashing bugs, please report them.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting very tired of it too, but you'll just have to move on to using MultiMC or Technic. FTB is simply inferior.

Reactions: Dravarden

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
As for Redpower, even if it does come back will it ever be the mod it was to the community? RP2 set a new standard of quality, consistency, and visual appeal for the modding community. And then mods like MFR and Thermal Expansion (especially TE) have taken up that challenge and gone even further.

For Eloraam to compete she'd need to grow her team. The standard of "great mod" has just grown by leaps and bounds in the last 8 months to the point where for a big mod like RP2 to be "great" it needs more eyes on it and hearts in it.

And she doesn't seem to like her community.

Reactions: KirinDave

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mind restarting but I do understand why people don't like server restarts because someone did something wrong. Honestly I understand why elo doesn't like her community much because a few bad eggs were mean rude and threatening to her personally. It only takes a few Idiots to ruin it for everyone even the person creating the mod.

zbeeblebrox

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, to be fair, if I was her, I wouldn't like my community either. Especially server owners. Most of them have the worst attitudes with modders that I've ever seen. They act like every modder only exists to make their server happy. It's obnoxious.

Personally, I don't mind starting new worlds or server restarts. If I wanted a consistent long-term world, I'd play vanilla SSP anyway. Mojang only needs to be consistent with themselves, which is frankly a lot easier than the juggling act a mod pack needs to do.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Having seen and read what her "community" has said, done and threatened to do - this comes as no surprise whatsoever.
Apart of that, disregarding frames, there is nothing I still need from RP2 that I could not get from other mods. Often better. *shrugs*

Reactions: Chocorate

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Quite a fan of restarts/resets if I'm honest. Keeps things fresh and gives the opportunity to refine a build with the stuff that one learns throughout the current playtime.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I like how everybody thinks the community is total shit without any fix and the mod makers are all angels that you can't ask them a question because their job is free and they don't hace to answer you.

Hint: neither of them is true, not everybody in the community is an asshole asking ''y u no update 1.5 haz ben ut 4 lik 2 seconds update or i tel notch!!1!!11!!1ONE!!!'' neither all mod makers are angels themselves.

Reactions: Greyed

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
Currently what I am not a fan of is having to troubleshoot something new every week because there are so many things that don't behave as advertised. Playing modded MC is like one never-ending beta test and accepting that is sort of necessary, but it would be awfully nice if the community would stop applying pressure to add more to the enormous pile of features and shit they already don't use and instead focus on fixing what is already there. Nevermind that there exist any number of ways to crash, corrupt, or perma-lag your game just for using this or that in ways that shouldn't cause problems, VANILLA HOPPERS, DAWG! I need to play with them for 10 minutes before I toss them away like I did with all my toys growing up, yo.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019

I don't think he is a bad person, he just made a mod that not everybody likes, but he doesn't go arround making his mod incompatible with EE3 because its cheaty or if you say a suggestion he will say "fuck you shittest suggestion ever", he at least adds configs and doesn't have an ego so big that doesn't fit in this universe.[DOUBLEPOST=1369516924][/DOUBLEPOST]
Currently what I am not a fan of is having to troubleshoot something new every week because there are so many things that don't behave as advertised. Playing modded MC is like one never-ending beta test and accepting that is sort of necessary, but it would be awfully nice if the community would stop applying pressure to add more to the enormous pile of features and shit they already don't use and instead focus on fixing what is already there. Nevermind that there exist any number of ways to crash, corrupt, or perma-lag your game just for using this or that in ways that shouldn't cause problems, VANILLA HOPPERS, DAWG! I need to play with them for 10 minutes before I toss them away like I did with all my toys growing up, yo.

just because you don't use it doesn't mean others don't use it either, I made a sorting system in vanilla with hoppers only for example.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think he is a bad person, he just made a mod that not everybody likes, but he doesn't go arround making his mod incompatible with EE3 because its cheaty or if you say a suggestion he will say "fuck you shittest suggestion ever", he at least adds configs and doesn't have an ego so big that doesn't fit in this universe.[DOUBLEPOST=1369516924][/DOUBLEPOST]

just because you don't use it doesn't mean others don't use it either, I made a sorting system in vanilla with hoppers only for example.
I know, but he is certainly not an "angel"

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I know, but he is certainly not an "angel"

of course, he is not an angel (changing recipes he doesn't dig like he was a dictator) but he at least gives some configs, he ain't no flowerchild either, not letting anyone use his mod if you have X mod installed.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
of course, he is not an angel (changing recipes he doesn't dig like he was a dictator) but he at least gives some configs, he ain't no flowerchild either, not letting anyone use his mod if you have X mod installed.
Just to be clear, I agree with you

Gregtech is a great addon!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I like GT. But I do have a bit of a love/hate thing with it. Its when I'm not thinking about GT that it tends to get in the way. Like Hey just started up let me get my basic stuff... Oh yeah enchanting... oh yeah need an anvil... OH piss need to build a few things just to make iron blocks. That when I'm all Greg WHHHHYYYYY.... But once I get everything in place it is fine. I like that it does add some pacing to the game. I would rather that pacing be some sort of resreach system instead of a Oh more mats... MORE MATS... that it is now. But over all I like the mod and what it brings to the game.

eamono

Jul 29, 2019
Wow people are really impatient here, the mod makers get no/little money for what they do, yelling at them certainly doesn't make them want to work faster

and gregtech isn't THAT bad of a mod, he makes some of the recipes stupid (IMO) but he also gives us the config options to change it back, at least he didn't pull something like sengir when he made his mod eat tekkit worlds (don't get me wrong, it was fine that he made his mod incompatible with tekkit, but he took the extra step to unleash killer bees upon anyone who even tries to install it with tekkit), or how flowerchild decided to take his ball and go home,

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
FC ... yeah... FC is one of the few devs that make me not what to touch his mod.