[Game Thread] Trouble in Terrorist Town 2

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I was going to "suggest" killing people until he revealed that I shouldn't kill someone; that person would be wolf. @Robijnvogel, you may be interested to know I was going to test your name first. (Switch your vote!)

Shazam didn't bite (or respond.) I saw him pop in and out of private conversations for a few minutes and then I went to bed.
Well, guess I'll vote shazam, but if he turns out town, you'll be my next lynch vote

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to "suggest" killing people until he revealed that I shouldn't kill someone; that person would be wolf. @Robijnvogel, you may be interested to know I was going to test your name first. (Switch your vote!)

Shazam didn't bite (or respond.) I saw him pop in and out of private conversations for a few minutes and then I went to bed.
Except there's no way the CT would know his role. That's a really poor excuse to try and cover up your lie.

Shazam is who he says he is. Vote Pyure

Shame Pyure, because you had me completely sold. I even considered roleclaiming to you and everything.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Except there's no way the CT would know his role. That's a really poor excuse to try and cover up your lie.

Shazam is who he says he is. Vote Pyure

Shame Pyure, because you had me completely sold. I even considered roleclaiming to you and everything.
Dude, you're either a wolf or you're not paying attention.

My cover was my colleague, let's say: RJS. I wasn't pretending to be a CT who magically knew his role. I was pretending to be a CT who had a friend who "considered roleclaiming to me and everything", and who revealed to me that Shazam was a Traitor.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
So, if you're legitly the PI, you should be able to have somebody prove your role conclusively. After all, you know who the detective is. Get them to back you up. If you want me to buy that story, I need that level of proof.

Toodles.

Reactions: Robijnvogel

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So, if you're legitly the PI, you should be able to have somebody prove your role conclusively. After all, you know who the detective is. Get them to back you up. If you want me to buy that story, I need that level of proof.

Toodles.
So, your argument is that in order to save myself, I needed to NOT ONLY announce the name of the PI, I need to announce the name of the Detective too?

...Right. OK, so your own identity is essentially proven now.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I'm concerned, not mislynching the PI is more important than keeping a detective (who can be protected) hidden. A PI can quietly build up a collection of proven town, whilst a detective just lets us see the specific role somebody had. If you seriously think the detective is uberpowerful, then you're mistaken. Since alignment is now revealed on death regardless of detective input, and since the medic has been killed, all the detective can provide is a little bit of flavour.

But hey, your call. If you'd rather die silently rather than produce the necessary proof then go for it.

And no, I don't want you to announce it. I want the detective to come forwards and say that you are legit. Since you got accused, your tone has slid back into the classic scumPyure in terms of throwing round claims that people are definitely wolves and reacting in an over the top fashion to votes on you. In terms of tone, you've done more to bury yourself today than Shazam has done to bury you.

Extraordinary proof for extraordinary claims, because that's what I now view your PI claim as being.

As I said, toodles.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Vote Pyure.

Reasons:

1. I do not ever recall seeing a wolf do a stupid trick at EOD, as Shazam has done. Townies (seers in particular), jesters, sure; but never a wolf. If anyone has done this as a wolf before, speak up now. I'm curious to hear about it.

pyure vs shazam---FIGHT! said:
Greetings friend,

I just wanted to let you know that I extracted a nice tidbit of info about you from a "colleague". It would appear that you have a certain, shall we say, affinity for disloyalty. I'm hypothetically supposed to support this colleague in a lynch against you, but instead.....

Instead I also wanted to let you know that I share your opinions towards the terrorists. I'm hoping we can work out an accord by which my team and yours both acquire their win conditions, through the destruction of our mutual nemesis the Terrorists (and some timely sepukku on my part.)

For the record, I don't need anything from you, other than my suggesting a SAS target and you letting me know if its safe to proceed with that target.

OOC: Yes, I find it a bit suspcious that I'm a CT two TTT games in a row. Talk to erindalc about his "random" algorithm.

Why on earth would the PI roleclaim to an anti-town neutral (or anyone they hadn't personally scanned, for that matter)? You're clearly lying somewhere.

So, your argument is that in order to save myself, I needed to NOT ONLY announce the name of the PI, I need to announce the name of the Detective too?

...Right. OK, so your own identity is essentially proven now.
Did you not just say earlier today that you ARE the PI? And now you're implying that you're not the PI?

I am confuse.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
As far as I'm concerned, not mislynching the PI is more important than keeping a detective (who can be protected) hidden. A PI can quietly build up a collection of proven town, whilst a detective just lets us see the specific role somebody had. If you seriously think the detective is uberpowerful, then you're mistaken. Since alignment is now revealed on death regardless of detective input, and since the medic has been killed, all the detective can provide is a little bit of flavour.

But hey, your call. If you'd rather die silently rather than produce the necessary proof then go for it.

And no, I don't want you to announce it. I want the detective to come forwards and say that you are legit. Since you got accused, your tone has slid back into the classic scumPyure in terms of throwing round claims that people are definitely wolves and reacting in an over the top fashion to votes on you. In terms of tone, you've done more to bury yourself today than Shazam has done to bury you.

Extraordinary proof for extraordinary claims, because that's what I now view your PI claim as being.

As I said, toodles.
"And no, I don't want you to announce it. I want the detective to come forwards and say that you are legit. "
What a pile of crap. How the hell is this any different than me "announcing it". I'm guilty unless I surrender the last roles of the town?

Dude, we're not stupid. Of course the Detective role isn't critical. Its not who the detective is that's important, its who he ISN'T. And if your team finds out who the detective is, you'll be able to say "good, let's skip killing him, because who we REALLY want to kill is the ARSONIST."

Toodles indeed. GG wolves. Folks wanna throw the game, their business. See you in the next one.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Did you not just say earlier today that you ARE the PI? And now you're implying that you're not the PI?

I am confuse.
When the hell did I imply I'm not the PI? To paraphrase: "It wasn't good enough that I roleclaimed, now I have to give you (RJS) A FIFTH roleclaim to work with?"

RJS is MVP hands down this game. He has successfully extracted a the roles of the majority of the town. There's zero way town can win this game because traitors have too much information and we keep pissing all over ourselves arguing about it.

Like I said, gg wolves.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I lied. I'm the investigator. The_J is a counter terrorist, which is why he was targeted by traitors on N1. He's been working with them ever since.

Vote the_J.

I also have a funny feeling he's not actually a GIGN but in fact the other CT role, whatever that thing is that can assassinate roles. If we mislynch today, he will likely use his power and secure a majority with traitors (he's probably arranged with them to let them kill him so both teams can win)

Why on earth didn't anyone investigate Shazam???

Also, why the hell are people voting me.

I kinda give up. I've been watching Nojr since D2 (watched Vike D1) and he refuses to get murdered to out a wolf. Hopefully my death, like, accomplishes something?

Vote pyure. Cyas next game team.
Just for interest here. Last TTT game, Pyure was scum. He lied about being the investigator to try and get the legit PI lynched, and when things weren't going his way pulled his "gg wolves town loses see you next game shtick"

I thought this was becoming way too deja vu for my liking.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That's a bit misleading. The LAST time I pulled "this shtick", I was town, and people mislynched me, and I laughed in their faces. Peeps gotta learn to trust me.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
From the last TTT Game:

Pyure said:
Why on earth didn't anyone investigate Shazam???

Also, why the hell are people voting me.

I kinda give up. I've been watching Nojr since D2 (watched Vike D1) and he refuses to get murdered to out a wolf. Hopefully my death, like, accomplishes something?

Vote pyure. Cyas next game team.

Edit: Ironically, this also had Shaz involved :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
BTW I wonder if the game can mathematically be over tonight. If my hypotheses play out, we're going to see:

a) Town lynches a town (me).
b) Shazam's team murder's a town
c) RJS BMD-murders a town
d) Suicide Bomber (Lethosos?) murders a town.

I think we need to see one more night after that to finish the win conditions, but assuming there are 3 Traitors and 1 or 2 Counter Terrorists, town is then unable to muster a collective winning lynch vote.

Also, we failed to kill a single wolf, with the possible exception of the Suicide Bomber (go team). Maybe they'll try to win w/o SB to earn a Flawless Victory?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
That's a bit misleading. The LAST time I pulled "this shtick", I was town, and people mislynched me, and I laughed in their faces. Peeps gotta learn to trust me.
Actually, you were neutral, you claimed neutral, and because RJS believed you, you were lynched. Not really an applicable comparison to the current situation, or so it seems.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Just for interest here. Last TTT game, Pyure was scum. He lied about being the investigator to try and get the legit PI lynched, and when things weren't going his way pulled his "gg wolves town loses see you next game shtick"

I thought this was becoming way too deja vu for my liking.
Last TTT Pyure was semiscum as I don't consider a CT to be full blown Scum

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Actually, you were neutral, you claimed neutral, and because RJS believed you, you were lynched. Not really an applicable comparison to the current situation, or so it seems.
OK, well, there was probably a time before that when I was mislynched and laughed in people's faces. I'm an ass like that :p

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still suspicious of Shazam, and I feel that staying a bit away from this Pyure/RJS throwdown would let me live a bit longer.

Vote RealKC

Gotta better reasons now.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Dude if you're suspicious of Shazam, why the hell won't you vote him w/ me?

This just reinforces my S.B. theory as far as I'm concerned.