[Game Thread] Trouble in Terrorist Town 2

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Dude, are you trying to confuse me?

Fine, but only because I need to go fix dinner. Vote Shazam again

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. I hate timezones. Shazam one-upped me there.
Whoa, you're fighting a seer accusation? Awesome! I think this benefits the town, since we're generating way more discussion here than if you'd straight died.

Right now, though, I'm going to try to piece together your version of events. Stop me if I strawman.
Shazam and I have been in a little convo. I sniped him N1 and tried to trick the other wolves out of him (because I'm stupid). I went to bed and forgot that he could just "switch roles" on me.
I'm claiming (the real) Private Investigator. I used my power on Shazam N1 (because he's an awesome player) and sniped a wolf right away.
You're saying that you (as a PI) checked me (as a traitor) N1, initiated a conversation with me to find wolves D2, and had me "steal" your role while you slept through the rest of D2. Most of your other posts were defending this basic line (except for the ones where you fearmongered :p).

Here's my biggest problem with that situation: I'm the coyote from Road Runner. Why would I go through this whole song and dance, setting an elaborate trap to get you lynched by stealing your role claim from a private convo and getting the whole village involved on my side, when I could've just wolfkilled you N2? That's a crazy complex solution to a pretty straightforward problem.

Other assorted inconsistencies:
  • You never contacted me with any super secret convo D2.
  • If you had contacted me with any sort of convo, which you didn't, I damn well would've at least responded once. I had no reason to stay silent, especially if you'd sent me something as important as an alliance.
  • Under your story, there'd be no reason for me to edge in this post before the day ended to get my PI results out there.
  • I accused you and softclaimed PI at the beginning of D2, long before your convo would've ever appeared in my inbox. Good thing wolf blood makes me psychic, too, right?

Lock Vote Pyure

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You're saying that you (as a PI) checked me (as a traitor) N1, initiated a conversation with me to find wolves D2, and had me "steal" your role while you slept through the rest of D2. Most of your other posts were defending this basic line (except for the ones where you fearmongered :p).
To be fair, I've done this several times. Successfully :p

Here's my biggest problem with that situation: I'm the coyote from Road Runner. Why would I go through this whole song and dance, setting an elaborate trap to get you lynched by stealing your role claim from a private convo and getting the whole village involved on my side, when I could've just wolfkilled you N2? That's a crazy complex solution to a pretty straightforward problem.
Because its a great ploy and its better to net two wolves than one.
The seer doesn't want to trade his life for just one wolf if he can help it (notwithstanding that its not actually a bad trade)

• You never contacted me with any super secret convo D2.
Sure I did! I remember it distinctly! Many games ago. I think it was a Tuesday.

• If you had contacted me with any sort of convo, which you didn't, I damn well would've at least responded once. I had no reason to stay silent, especially if you'd sent me something as important as an alliance.
I'll concede this because its you specifically. But a lot of players would stay silent.

• Under your story, there'd be no reason for me to edge in this post before the day ended to get my PI results out there.
Since I'm conceding essentially everything else, I'll at least dispute this one. There's no reason NOT to edge there. By outing me, you ensure everyone knows your seer-results, but you don't give wolves enough time to do anything about you. HAH I WIN THE WHOLE ARGUMENT BECAUSE OF THIS.

• I accused you and softclaimed PI at the beginning of D2, long before your convo would've ever appeared in my inbox. Good thing wolf blood makes me psychic, too, right?
Uh, accusations don't make someone psychic dude. There's also no softclaim there that I can infer.

That said, ok fine, I'm a Traitor. And damn seers who check me out D1 :p

All Counter Terrorists, please contact me so we can work out how to secure our mutual win conditions, plzthx.

Also, I want kudos on my fake convo with Shaz.

Reactions: Shazam08

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Pyure was lynched! He was of the Traitor faction! He left no note!

RJS was killed! He was of the Terrorist faction! He left no note!

016nojr was killed! He was of the Terrorist faction!
HE LEFT NO NOTE! Seriously guys

The Private Investigator found a Ringleader!

Day 4 has begun! You may post!

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Lethosos was lynched! He was of the Traitor faction! He left no note!

Shazam08 was killed! He was of the Terrorist faction! He left a note:

"Heya! This is your favorite Private Investigator coming to you live from the depths of hell.

Win the game, town. The spirits believe in you."

3 players remain! @Someone Else 37 @Robijnvogel @RealKC

Day 5 has begun! You may post!

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
There isn't necessarily a CT, but there must be exactly one wolf and at least one town left.
Otherwise one of the win conditions would have been fulfilled.