Game Thread for Werewolf: Mirran AltSanity

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
In a small town somewhere on the metal world of Mirrodin, a rumor spreads. The villagers begin to fear that something evil- something called Phyrexia- has begun to infiltrate their settlement. Their suspicions are confirmed- briefly- when a dark cloud of smoke rolls through the town, filling every house and building, knocking everyone unconscious. When they awake, their memories have been erased- none seem to know who anyone is. They do know one thing, however: that whoever caused this must be stopped.

Roles and Rules
End of day

The main thing this time around that's different from your normal game of Werewolf is that EVERYONE (except the GM) must use a specified alt account on the game thread AT ALL TIMES. In addition, you'll get email notifications for a different alt- meaning that each and every player is effectively spying on all convos another player has, including role, wolf, and dead (if applicable).

Quoting from the main thread is fine. However, for anywhere else, there is a set of rules you should follow.
Quotes are standardly like this:
Code:
[QUOTE="Pyure, post: 866376, member: 69026"]Ok kids, the Purification is now initiated. Day ends at 5PM EST (10PM UTC), which is 26 hours from now.

Please be kind to one another. Unless it benefits you to be otherwise.[/QUOTE]
Produces:
Ok kids, the Purification is now initiated. Day ends at 5PM EST (10PM UTC), which is 26 hours from now.

Please be kind to one another. Unless it benefits you to be otherwise.
As that is quoting from a main thread, it is fine to leave it as-is. However, Convo quotes look like this:
Code:
[QUOTE="HeilMewTwo, convMessage: 210525, member: 49797"]What do you say to a potential alliance?[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Gideonseymour, convMessage: 210582, member: 7995"]vote HeilMewTwo[/QUOTE]
Produces:
What do you say to a potential alliance?
vote HeilMewTwo
That's bad. You need to get rid of the little arrow linking to the post. You can do that by removing the "convMessage" section. It looks like this:
Code:
[QUOTE="HeilMewTwo, member: 49797"]What do you say to a potential alliance?[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Gideonseymour, member: 7995"]vote HeilMewTwo[/QUOTE]
Produces:
HeilMewTwo said:
What do you say to a potential alliance?
Gideonseymour said:
vote HeilMewTwo

Understood?

Organization Thread, also has a list of the alts that Shazam might loan you.
Unrelated Thread: I don't really mind random nonsense in the game thread, but if you put it here, some members of the forums *cough Gideon* might get less upset.

These players are a part of this game:
  1. SpwnX
  2. trajing
    • the_J
  3. Fraction2
  4. SoraZodia
  5. lenscas
  6. Strikingwolf
  7. goreae
  8. Shazam
  9. VikeStep
  10. Eruantien
  11. HeilMewTwo
  12. Victini
  13. nojr
  14. Dylan
  15. RJS
  16. playerismc
  17. CoolSquid
  18. [REDACTED]
These alts are a part of this game (in a random order):
  • Rose Quartz
  • FoilUgin
  • NotCoolSquid
  • /╲/\╭ºoꍘoº╮/\╱\
  • ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
  • Dinkatron4000
  • Soaror
  • Malachite
  • Comma2
  • ZAMBAK
  • Arceus
  • Peridot
  • BinaryTyrant
  • Garnet
  • sharkan the mad
  • Tomonori
  • Pearl
  • Rue
And this thread is now open! Don't post here using your regular accounts, vote every day because if you don't you'll get smited, boldface your votes because non-bold votes won't count, PM me with who you want to use your ability on each day that you wish to use your ability, and invite me to any and all convos you may create for this game.

At this point, all of you should have an email from the alt you're spying on with that alt's role. If you don't, notify me ASAP and I'll get you caught up.

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
One of you (you know who you are) sent me these tips in a PM, and asked me to tell everyone. So I will.
Also tell everyone this:
1. Disable being seen online on your main account so that no-one can make guesses at who is behind an alt just by looking at who is online when someone makes a post
2. Enable thread watching but do not enable notifications on thread update. Otherwise the person who gets emails will get a lot of them!
3. Use 2 different browsers so you don't need to keep switching accounts (for example Chrome for one account and Firefox for another)
4. Use 2 different forum apps for mobile browsing, tapatalk for one and a browser for another

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
AltSane News Update time!

Due to a brain derp on the part of one player (who will remain anonymous) who had not previously signed up, a new player has been added to this game under the alt @Rue. Until further notice, this alt is neither being spied on nor spying on anyone else. I do hope this doesn't break the game for anyone else.

Also, day 1 will end at the specified time, in approximately six hours. Since this day was several hours shorter than the normal day, all players who don't vote today will vote for Nobody by default, without even using up your grace-smite. This is a one-time offer, however.

Finally, those of you who have activated abilities may use them tonight, if you so desire. Those of you whose roles have cooldowns, keep those in mind.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to disrupt your game but I find it funny and unusual how quiet it is in here, no accusations or any discussions :D

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
End of Day 1! Recap incoming...

As some of the Mirrans in the town awoke, they noticed some dark smoke still remaining in some of the buildings. So maybe that guy over there who appears to be made of some dark-colored metal had something to do with it? On a hunch, they threw him into one of the furnaces, which he didn't seem to mind at all. Strange.

At some point that night, a shot rang out. A few Mirrans awoke to find Dinkatron4000 dead on the floor, bleeding some kind of black oil. Maybe he was the source of the smoke.

The next morning, they found that FoilUgin had been poisoned in his sleep. Looks like amnesia isn't the only thing this Mirran town needs to worry about now.

Recap:
  • Darksteel Myr was lynched. He was Nobody.
  • Dinkatron4000 was killed. He was Shazam08, a Plague Myr.
  • FoilUgin was poisoned. She was playerismc, a Moriok Painsmith.

Last edited:
Reactions: LivingAngryCheese