Game Thread for Werewolf: Mirran AltSanity

Pearl

Jul 29, 2019
Lock vote Sharkan.

I agree that the Phyrexians had very little chance of winning this one - even with your numbers, the moment you post 4 or 5 people say you're a Phyrexian.

I want all the props for mounting at least some sort of pathetic defense. As soon as we even use our convo we're totally outed, cmon :p

And where's my props for making at least some sort of pathetic pun? :p

If we ever repeat this idea, we'll need to balance it out a little. If it's at all possible to prevent spying on role and wolf convos, that would be much fairer. Town would need to be buffed with some sort of invest role though probably. The other thing, that I feel should possibly have been implemented, is that dead players must leave all convos. I shot Dinkatron the first night, and I can still spy on the Phyrexians. Makes it all a little unfair on them.

Regardless, don't feel too bad @Someone Else 37 , there's always teething problems with novel game concepts.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Spookiness engage.
If we ever repeat this idea, we'll need to balance it out a little. If it's at all possible to prevent spying on role and wolf convos, that would be much fairer. Town would need to be buffed with some sort of invest role though probably. The other thing, that I feel should possibly have been implemented, is that dead players must leave all convos. I shot Dinkatron the first night, and I can still spy on the Phyrexians. Makes it all a little unfair on them.

Definitely want to see Altsanity 2. Role and wolf convos could be managed with the main account (In my case, @Shazam08). The need for an investigator role is debatable; Because all but one player-to-player conversation is visible to an outside source, everyone is a kind of Spy along with their normal role. Meh.

Poof. Unspooky. Grave.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
PSA: I decided last night to not reveal to anyone whether or not Pyure/Rue had been roleblocked. As such, even Pyure does not know yet; he should PM me who he wants to target with his Perilous ability, and if nobody dies to it tonight, I'll reveal why after the game.

But it's still possible that he was not blocked, so his ability may not fail. Or it may fail because he targeted an Outcast or the target of a Healer; that information will be classified until the end of the game.

The reason I chose to make this ruling was because of this line in the rolesheet:
Every night, may choose to roleblock another player. Vedalken Countermage will not be notified if he/she accomplished anything by doing this; and similarly, the other player will not be told why their power failed.
telling Pyure whether or not he had been blocked would go against this.

If I ever host a game with a Jester-like role in the future, I'll be sure to make the opposite ruling. If a jester is blocked when lynched, I'll make that transparently clear.

Regardless, don't feel too bad @Someone Else 37 , there's always teething problems with novel game concepts.
The only way to make sure that (without confirming or denying that you're actually spying on Dinkatron) you no longer receive email notifications from Dinkatron after he dies would be to turn off Dinkatron's email notifications... which is doable, actually.

Spookiness engage.

Definitely want to see Altsanity 2. Role and wolf convos could be managed with the main account (In my case, @Shazam08). The need for an investigator role is debatable; Because all but one player-to-player conversation is visible to an outside source, everyone is a kind of Spy along with their normal role. Meh.

Poof. Unspooky. Grave.
That's a good idea, actually. I'll have to remember that.

If AltSanity 2 actually happens, I'll also *heavily* encourage people to bring their own alts. Shuffling around nine or ten of Shazam's alts all at once was more hassle than I wanted to deal with at one time.

But, this discussion might better tale place after this game ends.

Reactions: Shazam08

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The end of day... oops. I forgot. I'll count your votes for day 4, Rose Quartz and Tomonori, because neither of you have voted yet.

Recap incoming!
Edit: And it's here!

Somebody said something about sharkan the mad being a Phyrexian, so into the forge he went. And once again, black oil oozed out, to she surprise of nobody. Well, maybe Nobody was a little bit surprised, but he's more tired of having random people thrown at him all the time. He's starting to get used to living in the forge by now.

That night, nobody noticed anything weird except a single gunshot, not unlike that heard the first night after everyone lost their memories. Those who got up to investigate found that NotCoolSquid had been the victim, and like Sharkan and all the others, he was bleeding black oil.

That morning, nobody had been poisoned. Rather, it seemed, a great golem made of what appeared to be pure silver appeared out of nowhere. He thanked the remaining villagers for cleansing the town, but said there was still a great deal of work to do to rid Mirrodin of this Phyrexian corruption. The cause of it, he said, was that very oil that ran through the Phyrexians' veins. A single drop of it had been left on Mirrodin thousands of years ago, and it had spread through Mirrodin's metallic crust down to the world's core. There, it spawned the fungus-like mycosynth towers that were responsible for the metal plates and spikes making up parts of some peoples' bodies (save those who were immune to the corruption and cast out form their villages for that exact reason); and from the mycosynth came the Phyrexian creatures that had tried to infiltrate the town. However, there are many more of them, and until the core is cleansed, they'll keep coming, so the golem asked the townsfolk to keep on their guard and give them no mercy. He then did some kind of magic to restore everyone's memory and vanished without a trace.
  • sharkan the mad was lynched. He was 016Nojr, a Sleeper Agent.
  • NotCoolSquid was killed. He was Strikingwolf, a Perilous Myr.
  • Nobody was poisoned. Again.
Mirran AltSanity is over! Winners:
    • The Mirrans!
  • Tomonori: SpwnX, Vulshok Berserker
  • ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Fraction2, Sylvok Outcast
  • BinaryTyrant: SoraZodia, Leonin Healer
  • Comma2: lenscas, Vedalken Countermage
  • Garnet: goreae, Sylvok Outcast
  • Malachite: VikeStep, Sylvok Outcast (he was poisoned the last night, but the Outcast ability saved him; if he were any other role, he would've died to little effect)
  • Rose Quartz: Eruantien, Leonin Healer
  • Soaror: Victini, Vedalken Countermage
  • /╲/\╭ºoꍘoº╮/\╱\: Dylanpiera, Vulshok Berserker
  • Pearl: RJS, Moriok Painsmith
  • FoilUgin: playerismc, Moriok Painsmith
  • ZAMBAK: CoolSquid, Vulshok Berserker
Declassified GM Stuff
Yeah, that was a pretty quick game. I did try to balance the flood of information being thrown at the Mirrans by making more Phyrexians than you'd see in a typical game (5/17 before adding Pyure; 6/18 = 1/3 after), but it still wasn't close.

Pyure's Perilous ability was indeed blocked (by two different countermages) when he was lynched. In future games, I'll be sure to let anyone in his position know that their ability won't work as soon as it's countered.

I will change all the alts' passwords back to what they were when I first gained control of them at the start of the game; you are now free to change these passwords and/or mess with email notifications. Except for Shazam's alts; I'll disable their email notifications and change the passwords to something new, then give the new passwords to Shazam.

Last edited:

sharkan the mad

Jul 29, 2019
New record, the entire game was on 5 pages lol. But the Phyrexians were basically dead anyways, because email notifications.
I did find a tactic tho for hiding who was being poisoned

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Yeah, I didn't expect posting on the wolf convo to be such a liability until Shazam pointed it out, which, incidentally, is why I made Rue a Phyrexian. AltSanity 2 will definitely have to fix that somehow.

Edit: Oh, and you can use your normal accounts here now.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I had a plan to log in with gmail to my spying account, shame I didn't have the chance to use it. The Phyrexians were dead the first time they posted to the convo, no chance

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I feel sorry for the phyrexians, I'm not sure how seeing the phyrexian convo can be balanced but I'll be interested to see it happen

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
One other thing I noticed that really hurt the wolves was that none of the Plague Myrs ever used their infect abilities. They could've easily made two more wolves that way (had Dinkatron not been shot N1), raising the fraction of wolves to 8/18, almost half.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone realized that if both Plague Myrs used their abilities at once, the wolfkill would only be canceled once, but two people could still be infected.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Update: I've reverted all the passwords. All of you who spied on your own alts should now be able to log in using the password you sent me originally (with the exception of sharkan the mad, who I have lost control over (sorry Lens)), and all the alts borrowed from Shazam have been returned to him.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Update: I've reverted all the passwords. All of you who spied on your own alts should now be able to log in using the password you sent me originally (with the exception of sharkan the mad, who I have lost control over (sorry Lens)), and all the alts borrowed from Shazam have been returned to him.
I already taught you where done and that I was just a derp with my password >_>
edit this means that I have control over it already

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I suppose my font in debian was just a derp and that the middle eye of that spider was not supposed to be a square?