Fun things to do on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

0rangesII

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone I have been playing on a server for quite some time now, and I have run out of things to do. I have started filling the 12x12 Xycraft tanks with every liquid in the game because I don't know what else to do :p

Also if anyone has any ideas on a unique or out of the ordinary mob trap design/idea that they would like to share with me I would appreciate it. I have designed/built all the mob traps I can think of. :D

0rangesII

Jul 29, 2019
Lol that's awesome :p
I seem to complete things rather quickly. I got the uranium bees(starting from scratch) in less than 3 hours ;)

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
I assume that you play on 1.4.7, why don't you give 1.5.2 a try? There's a lot of stuff to check out, TiC, MFR and lots of updates. You should find yourself hooked up for a while :)

xXShadowOo

Jul 29, 2019
I currently play on 1.4.7 on ultimate, is there an update for that? Also, TiC MFR?

No there isn't and update for ultimate because RP2 (Red Power 2) isn't going to be updated.

TiC = Tinker's Construct.
MFR = Minefactory Reloaded

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
:( So then what's going to happen with ultimate?
Ultimate is staying on 1.4.7, not receiving updates any more. The successor(s) of the Ultimate Pack are Unleashed and Unhinged. Unleashed is the bigger pack without GregTech while Unhinged is the smaller but contains GregTech.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate is staying on 1.4.7, not receiving updates any more. The successor(s) of the Ultimate Pack are Unleashed and Unhinged. Unleashed is the bigger pack without GregTech while Unhinged is the smaller but contains GregTech.
Which is preety much the biggest downside to most people here in the forums: "contains GT".
I highly recommend Unleashed, as you can easily take GT and install it, so no problems. Besides, most people like the ability to play without it. And MFR has RedNet, which is good (it's a lot like Red Alloy Wire), and TiC has really amazing tools, give it a try.

0rangesII

Jul 29, 2019
What other mods are missing from Unleashed? By that I mean what other mods are not going to be updated like RP2?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
What other mods are missing from Unleashed? By that I mean what other mods are not going to be updated like RP2?

Xycraft is one I know of, it's not that he's not working on it, it's that he wants to get his machines and power going before he does a 1.5.2 release. So it's possible that he's already started porting that to 1.6.x and skipping 1.5.2 altogether

xXShadowOo

Jul 29, 2019
Xycraft is one I know of, it's not that he's not working on it, it's that he wants to get his machines and power going before he does a 1.5.2 release. So it's possible that he's already started porting that to 1.6.x and skipping 1.5.2 altogether

I'm pretty sure that he already did announce that he'll skip 1.5.2.

Reactions: RedBoss

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
He actually did a bit of it, but when he saw how quickly 1.6 was coming, and the new rendering method necessary, he decided to skip on1.5.2, Which makes sense given the amount of rendering in Xycraft.

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
I
Which is preety much the biggest downside to most people here in the forums: "contains GT".
I highly recommend Unleashed, as you can easily take GT and install it, so no problems. Besides, most people like the ability to play without it. And MFR has RedNet, which is good (it's a lot like Red Alloy Wire), and TiC has really amazing tools, give it a try.
I thought that gt crashes your game with a few mods please let me know if this is true