FTB vs Real Life

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, first off, as you can see to the left here, I'm currently living in Ireland (English expat)
One of the things that is very common in rural Ireland is burning turf in a stove/fire/etc for heat and cooking and stuff. (still have electric, and can still have central heating but that stuff costs a lot so is supplimented by turf)

Another name for turf is peat. And peat comes from a peat bog (see where I'm going eh?)

Today I was down at the peat bog and was thinking about FTB, so decided to take some pictures.

Firstly, for reference; The Forestry peat bog (both old and new versions)

2LabOiA.jpg

and now for what it looks like in real life...

QebZhwh.jpg

as you can see, quite a bit different XD

so what else is different? and huge differences that are quite humourous? :p

Sprung

Jul 29, 2019
A lot is different in real life. For starters the valuable minerals are not evenly distributed like they are in the game and at least in my country I don't even necessarily own the ones under my house.

Also, in the game if you don't like your neighbour you can just move and claim new land. In the real world it is all claimed.

The biggest similarity to the real world is that once you mine something and use it, it is gone forever and your children will not be able to use it.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man, that is way cool :D
A lot is different in real life. For starters the valuable minerals are not evenly distributed like they are in the game and at least in my country I don't even necessarily own the ones under my house.

Oh yeah, and let's not even get into the geology of ores. That shit's complicated, things like copper or iron ore are weiiiiird.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
so what else is different? and huge differences that are quite humourous? :p

In MineCraft, you can punch trees to drop wooden logs. In real life, punching a tree will get attacked by hippies, hurt your hand, and not get any wood at all (except maybe a stick or two dropped on your head by an angry squirrel).

Reactions: tabs

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
If you can, can you maybe resize some of the bigger pictures?

Just because some of the pictures are a bit too big.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
If you can, can you maybe resize some of the bigger pictures?

Just because some of the pictures are a bit too big.

After reading that, I remembered that the forum automatically resizes them in strange ways. Deciding, against my better judgment, I clicked on the last one. Peat bog as far as the eye can see.

Doesn't the IMG tag support the SIZE command? Maybe not using XenForo, perhaps. That is too bad, if so.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

They look better to me. If you can, though, I would suggest wrapping the IMG tags with URL tags to the full size ones, but that may just be something I enjoy doing.

Wait, what is this "Real Life" you speak off?
"Real life" is an erroneous way of defining the offline/analog world. And yes, I know you are joking. But I am not. Dun dun DUN.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
In real life, slaughtering a lot of animals and then giving two wheat, weeds, carrots does not work and will probably have people after you where in Minecraft it is acceptable.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
lol, well your only way to do that is to bury some heather, apply lots of pressure and wait about 10,000 years :)
Maybe if I applied a LOT of pressure and also some heat?

Then again, that'd waste more power than produce....

Oh crud! Thanks for crushing my dream budy! <_<

:D

Reactions: Lambert2191

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe if I applied a LOT of pressure and also some heat?

Then again, that'd waste more power than produce....

Oh crud! Thanks for crushing my dream budy! <_<

:D

if you apply enough energy, you can likely distort spacetime to allow for a great deal more temporal passage within a small area. But you'd likely need to build at LEAST two Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panels for that.